[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Beware The Crow's Test

xShiroInuxShiroInu
Reactions: 300
edited January 2019 in General Chat
Apparently you can get perm ban for trying to defeat the tengu boss. I wrote a ticket to them appealing to this their response is hilarious
"Thank you for contacting Nexon Player Support.

I understand that you want to know the sanction placed on your account. Our records indicate this account was involved in a violation of our Terms of Use or Code of Conduct. Our in game security system has detected Illegal Attack behavior with your character 'ArkDisaster' on map The Crow's Test. Because of this, your account was found to be in violation of the terms of use and was blocked from the game. "

I need an explanation, on the map "The Crow's Test" you fight Tengu an invincible boss that take no damage unless you do quick time move which i kept missing cause i suck at quick time move , how does this lead to "Our in game security system has detected Illegal Attack behavior"?

Can someone care to explain this to me ?

Comments

• ZombiepieZombiepie
    edited January 2019
    Yea, the same thing happened to me as well. Was playing my Ark in reboot and wanted to get the wings of fate and i ended up fighting the Tengu Boss just to get banned while he only had a quarter of his health bar. I tried contacting support and they still claimed that their information is accurate and that I was just hacking. Luckily, I just got my ticket escalated so all I can do is wait. :/
  • xShiroInuxShiroInu
    edited January 2019
    ahAHahhahahahha wow nice to know im not the only one that it happen
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Yup, their hack detection system is total **** right now and seems to catch innocent people more often than the actual hackers themselves (especially when playing Ark or Kanna characters).

By the way, that response is a copy & paste response that I also got on my Kanna during the wave of bans for using runes. Like, what hacker is going to waste their time doing the Mushroom Shrine quests to get a crappy cape as a reward...?
    xShiroInuZombiepiecarmenpop22
  • xShiroInuxShiroInu
    edited January 2019
    EXACTLY
  • ZombiepieZombiepie
    edited January 2019
    I just hope this problem is solved soon, it sucks having to go through this.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited January 2019
    Hey Guys,

I'll forward this issue with the tengu fight to have it looked into, sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you.

Thanks!

P.S. Love the thread name. It came off as Ominous, like a foreshadowing of events to come.
    xShiroInucarmenpop22
  • ZombiepieZombiepie
    edited January 2019
    That would be amazing! Thanks a lot :)
  • ZombiepieZombiepie
    edited January 2019
    I've just been unabanned! Going to stay away from doing Tengu until some type of post or fix is made.