[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Implement winning Fox Fire set from contest

RenniRenni
Reactions: 3,085
edited January 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Zi0rfdK.png

Last year in 2018, Global MapleStory got to see the implementation of several outfit designs submitted by users to the 2017 Design Story contest which was hosted here on the forums. To recap, here are the entries that have found their way into the Maple world:
ShiyumiSama's Stray Cat set
UZq6s2Q.png
1dvadvadfvbaer.jpg
Stéphy's Black Flower Ribbon
2j1lyrs.png
14gfndsfbdsdsghr.jpg
my Erda set
GZwaxX5.png
19dfbsdfavdafva.jpg
MoreRpigh's reaper set
TAsULP8.jpg
vampire-phantom.png
Ohmysweetie's Little Star Cocoon set
S8p0Ji7.jpg
little-star-cocoon.png

Out of the 5 designs that were added to the game, 2 were in the Top 3 (ShiyumiSama and me) and 1 was in the Top 10 (Ohmysweetie). To people who took a look at the contest entries and/or took part in the community voting, a common question is, why hasn't TsuusT's Fox Fire set been implemented into the game despite her design winning second place?

Let's take a look at her intricate outfit design:
fox_fire_outfit___maplestory_fashion_design_by_monochromaticcat-dbnb866.png
(The original post can be found here.)

While the votes were slightly different at the end of the voting period, currently the Fox Fire set has the most reactions at 101, with ShiyumiSama's at 98, and mine at 97. I remember when the time turned to 12am on Oct. 2, the votes were 94, 93, and 94 respectively. Therefore it's pretty evident that while ShiyumiSama placed first, TsuusT placed second, and I placed third, our votes were very tight-knit, and no entry was a clear winner. The community seemed to love all three of our entries equally, so it seems odd that the Fox Fire set would be left from getting created.

Some might argue that TsuusT's Fox Fire design was not original enough considering there are already other fox/kitsune items in the game. However, there are plenty more of cat, bunny, and bear items which have been added to the game over the years, some looking not all that unique. While fox/kitsune are not quite as popular, they still hold a ground of their own, and TsuusT's design would make a very intricate and refreshing addition. The items in her set contrast from those in the small list of existing fox-themed items, and also pair well with other clothing, making them a great set to mix and match. It is easy to tell from the amount of detail in TsuusT's entry that a lot of effort was put into the design.

And honestly, I feel that TsuusT deserved to have her design implemented into the game more than mine. Not only did she place in second while I placed in third, but also she clearly spent more time and care in creating her entry than I did. As a fellow artist and friend, it just makes me upset to see that such a great design hasn't been added to the game.

In summary, I and many other users feel that TsuusT's Fox Fire set deserves to be implemented into the game. We would like for our sentiments to be heard and forwarded, in hopes that the developers will consider making the design.

If you are one of the users who would like to see the Fox Fire set in the game, please react to this topic and/or vote yes in the poll below. It would mean a lot if you could share this forum topic with other people you know who wanted the Fox Fire set to be implemented, thank you.
SanjaystrawisherNibboPetalmagicyFailExamFuhreakKittenCoalitionSaptaZaptaStars
  1. Should the Fox Fire set be implemented into the game?23 votes
    1. Yes
       96% (22 votes)
    2. No
       4% (1 vote)

Comments

• NibboNibbo
    Reactions: 1,330
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    I hope it gets added! It's such a nice set