[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Discussion: "Both" Tab in Rankings

Comments

• SandyLerrowSandyLerrow
    Reactions: 550
    edited February 2019
    And the complaining about the "Both" Tab continues. Just manually select which tab you want. Problem solved partially.
    WONDERGUY
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    And the complaining about the "Both" Tab continues. Just manually select which tab you want. Problem solved partially.

If this is to be the solution then it needs to actually work correctly.

Go try to search for your character under only reboot (or non-reboot, whichever you play in)

Tell me how it goes.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited February 2019
    JushiroNet wrote: »

Go try to search for your character under only reboot (or non-reboot, whichever you play in)

Tell me how it goes.

here works same as in both?
  • Sam016Sam016
    Reactions: 1,880
    edited February 2019

I think the only thing continuing here is your ignorance unfortunately...

Majority of this thread for the removal of it
  • JarleJarle
    Reactions: 820

I think people have read your opinion already, no point restating the same thing over and over.

I'm all for splitting ranks, servers are fundamentally different in many ways, and should be treated as such.
    ZomgNitSam016
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited February 2019
    exp rates on regular servers are insanely grindy to the point where people who enjoy a good grind are overwhelmed it took me almost 3 years to level 1-> 250, 250-> 275 is going to take me 8 years at the rate i play.... kinda absurd. The way i see it, is that there are gonna be maybe 15 people in all of the world in gms who hit 275 legitimately and then botting will be the only viable alternative to reach 275 for the desperate that want to but don;t have the time... why reward botting make the leveling enjoyable for all to reach the end ugh. the new iteration of the final alliance growth potions that puts a nice dent in the exp required to level 250s+ making a come back for each of the event coin shop is a very good idea, keep them exp potions for extremely high level players coming! I will only need like 1000 of em to go from 250 -> 275 and it is probably the only way i will ever make it to fight the black mage in who knows how many years =(.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited February 2019
    exp rates on regular servers are insanely grindy to the point where people who enjoy a good grind are overwhelmed it took me almost 3 years to level 1-> 250, 250-> 275 is going to take me 8 years at the rate i play.... kinda absurd. The way i see it, is that there are gonna be maybe 15 people in all of the world in gms who hit 275 legitimately and then botting will be the only viable alternative to reach 275 for the desperate that want to but don;t have the time... why reward botting make the leveling enjoyable for all to reach the end ugh. the new iteration of the final alliance growth potions that puts a nice dent in the exp required to level 250s+ making a come back for each of the event coin shop is a very good idea, keep them exp potions for extremely high level players coming! I will only need like 1000 of em to go from 250 -> 275 and it is probably the only way i will ever make it to fight the black mage in who knows how many years =(.

thats the point put lots and lots of work for engame
    but community mindiset its if am not engame by the end of the day botting/macro its fine

but also nexon aint helping with all the p2w shortcuts and hackers
    also i understand when someone can cheat the way to end other will lose motivation to do legit
    they will start slowly cheat or invent cheating that will look like legit just to get there
    please dont find ways to make cheating fine no matter what reason its there
    grind as it is or let other do legit
    both tab or not wont change motivation for grind as many think....

Majority actuly dont care if both its there or not makes no dif as long as there is nonreboot and reboot ranking

Sam016 wrote: »

i think only ignorance here is yours and few other that dont want to avoid clicking on both tab and make huge deal out of it
    SandyLerrow
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    WONDERGUY wrote: »

Tell me how it goes.

The problem is the only way to search for a character is under the "both" section. This means that, at least currently, arguments stating you can just click non-reboot or reboot are wrong.
  • KakeSealLordKakeSealLord
    Reactions: 605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    This makes me believe you're not actually reading half the replies in this thread. People have always complained about rankings and wanted a split, it's just because the issue has become a huge point now with the release of 275.

We know removing "Both" won't change the fact that reboot will get 275, thats not the point of this thread and it has been mentioned multiple times throughout (someone else also said the exact same thing as you)
    We do not want to be compared to reboot and we do not want to be "racing" with reboot.

There is nothing interesting when everyone knows full well reboot will gain the same experience as a regular server player within half the time.

And KMS already had split rankings before the whole design was changed
    what kind of "split" you want ?
    you got reboot/non-reboot allready done
    both its only extra tab , with or without comparance will allways be there

and am sure non-reboot can do way faster
    its just most of them got enough of lag/hackers/bugs/$$$$$$$ lose motivation reflect on ranking and amount of activ players actuly care about it

but for real why its hard to ignore both tab i can understand if there was no reboot or nonreboot ranking

letsee... [REBOOT] 2.3x base exp, check moonbridge base is 1.4million+ EXP without multipliers, it's 600k base in reg server, do you REALLY want to talk to the guy who spends nearly 20+ hours a day and is barely almost 265? xd

ontop of that, exp boosters flat % has higher effects like, exp accumulations are 100% or 50% , not exactly sure but it's only 30% in reg servers, link-skill boosters (merc's) gives more % exp as well

doing my own calculations if i were to be on reboot's rate i'd be doing 3tril exp a day (1 level after 260's) and 50% during 270's, and atm i can barely manage 60% a day in 260's and i definitely grind for much much more hours than most rebooties (excluding top 3 they do about the same amount of hours, or even more), tell me in what world is that fair at all?
    ZomgNitSam016
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    letsee... [REBOOT] 2.3x base exp, check moonbridge base is 1.4million+ EXP without multipliers, it's 600k base in reg server, do you REALLY want to talk to the guy who spends nearly 20+ hours a day and is barely almost 265? xd

ontop of that, exp boosters flat % has higher effects like, exp accumulations are 100% or 50% , not exactly sure but it's only 30% in reg servers, link-skill boosters (merc's) gives more % exp as well

doing my own calculations if i were to be on reboot's rate i'd be doing 3tril exp a day (1 level after 260's) and 50% during 270's, and atm i can barely manage 60% a day in 260's and i definitely grind for much much more hours than most rebooties (excluding top 3 they do about the same amount of hours, or even more), tell me in what world is that fair at all?

This right here I'd say is the real injustice. Forget about the both tab for a second and think, why does Reboot, the server that's supposed to be harder, have it easier in the late game?
    I still say it's silly to make such a huge fuss about the both tab, but as far as the EXP difference goes, there's a problem.
    Regardless of if the both tab is removed or made to be non-default, this fact will still remain true.
    The "harder" server is actually easier in the late-game. (From an EXP perspective)
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited February 2019
    [quote=

Tell me how it goes.

The problem is the only way to search for a character is under the "both" section. This means that, at least currently, arguments stating you can just click non-reboot or reboot are wrong.

what do you mean? you cant open this ?

GMS non-reboot

GMS reboot

EMS reboot

EMS non-reboot

maybe try with other browser?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    [quote=

Tell me how it goes.

what do you mean? you cant open this ?

GMS non-reboot

GMS reboot

EMS reboot

EMS non-reboot

maybe try with other browser?

You can open it, but you can't search in it.
    If I want to know where I - or anyone else - stands in the Non-Reboot rankings, I have to page through the whole thing. Using the "search" option will always give the character's position in the "both" tab, even if you were on the "non-Reboot" tab when you clicked the "search" (magnifying glass).
    KakeSealLordSam016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »

This right here I'd say is the real injustice. Forget about the both tab for a second and think, why does Reboot, the server that's supposed to be harder, have it easier in the late game?
    I still say it's silly to make such a huge fuss about the both tab, but as far as the EXP difference goes, there's a problem.
    Regardless of if the both tab is removed or made to be non-default, this fact will still remain true.
    The "harder" server is actually easier in the late-game. (From an EXP perspective)

once you get 40k stat which is easy if you just farm for mesos, damage is literally not a issue anymore, i don't appreciate getting told about getting EXP harder later games, i fully know this back when i used to get 1%/hr a very long time ago during haven days, then 2.5~3% an hour during lach days, i know fully well how hard it is late game. The argument is that, in reboot it takes literally less than half the effort to put in than reg server, hence why people are so spoiled with reboot rates they get lazy and not realize the sheer differences between the reg server and reboot server rates, look at Zhong for a instant whose been caught literally afk grinding on his kanna cause he was literally just to lazy to do it for himself, and for all we know he could have been doing the same exact thing during HoH days considering all you had to do was stand still in 1 spot and spam reflection and move around after a while so you dont get attack-locked.

I'm just saying, it's unfair for "Both" to be default, idc if they keep the Both tab in, i'd just very much rather make them have reg-server default considering reg servers has (obviously if you've played long before reboot) been around MUCH longer than reboot has. Some of the newer players don't even KNOW that reboot's exp base rates are boosted unfairly to all hell, it gives a bad perspective for the newer players that are curious about what servers to play in, reboot is literally a private server on itself.
    Ojama
  • SandyLerrowSandyLerrow
    edited February 2019

Tell me how it goes.

It went normal on my side. Although It doesn't work that properly. To make it work properly select any Tab(I will take Reboot as example)
    If I were to search for an example for "Ancestra" in the reboot Tab it will redirect me to:
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/rankings/overall-ranking/legendary?pageIndex=1&character_name=Ancestra&search=true®ion=#ranking

Which tells me the search is not properly programmed to this automatically. For it to actually work perfectly you need to add the string (&character_name=Ancestra&search=true®ion=#ranking) after
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/rankings/overall-ranking/legendary?rebootIndex=1 and removing the semicolons.

Which should be like these two examples:
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/rankings/overall-ranking/legendary?rebootIndex=1&character_name=Ancestra&search=true®ion=#ranking
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/rankings/overall-ranking/legendary?rebootIndex=1&character_name=Sleepable&search=true®ion=#ranking
    This and all in its respective Tab. That's the workaround in other for it to work properly.

The index of Non-Reboot doesn't work at all. It searches for another IGN instead of the targeted IGN :
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/rankings/overall-ranking/legendary?rebootIndex=2&character_name=SealLord&search=true®ion=#ranking
    So there's still more problems that need to be fixed.
  • SandyLerrowSandyLerrow
    edited February 2019

You are telling me I'm ignorant only because I'm just pointing out people like you are still complaining about an extra tab? Which you can solve partially by manually selecting a Tab how ironic? You are one of those people who make small problems into big ones. Basically throwing tantrums.
  • SandyLerrowSandyLerrow
    edited February 2019
    Jarle wrote: »

I think people have read your opinion already, no point restating the same thing over and over.

I'm all for splitting ranks, servers are fundamentally different in many ways, and should be treated as such.

Well... there are some in this thread who are still complaining about it whilst they have already disclosed their opinion. I'm just calling that out, so no I'm not the one who's restarting anything. I think its best to say its an ongoing discussion until it gets locked.
  • OjamaOjama
    Reactions: 1,140
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019

Tell me how it goes.

It wen't normal on my side.

I tried with 3 different browsers now (Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet explore) and in all 3 results if i searched for SealLord in the only Non-Reboot tab it would show him as rank 11 (Which is the rank for both Reboot and non-Reboot) also if i searched for Battousaii the person below SealLord on both rank on the Reboot Only Rank it would show as Rank 12 which again would be the rank for both Reboot and non-Reboot.

So which browser are you using where this work?
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019

You are telling me I'm ignorant only because I'm just pointing out people like you are still complaining about an extra tab? Which you can solve partially by manually selecting a Tab how ironic? You are one of those people who make small problems into big ones. Basically throwing tantrums.

What they mean, since most people here arguing won't explain it enough, is that people- new players to be specific compare reboot and reg server to be the same thing without knowing that reboot has a unfair advantage to base-exp boosting compared to reg servers, they make that assumption mainly cause "oh if nexon made Both the default that means they're both equally fair even if one is purely f2p", if anything, don't let "Both" be default when reboot clearly has an unfair advantage over regular server even if reg server had CS 2x's
    SandyLerrow
  • SandyLerrowSandyLerrow
    edited February 2019
    Ojama wrote: »

Tell me how it goes.

It wen't normal on my side.

I tried with 3 different browsers now (Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet explore) and in all 3 results if i searched for SealLord in the only Non-Reboot tab it would show him as rank 11 (Which is the rank for both Reboot and non-Reboot) also if i searched for Battousaii the person below SealLord on both rank on the Reboot Only Rank it would show as Rank 12 which again would be the rank for both Reboot and non-Reboot.

So which browser are you using where this work?

Check my Edit of this quote.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    once you get 40k stat which is easy if you just farm for mesos, damage is literally not a issue anymore, i don't appreciate getting told about getting EXP harder later games, i fully know this back when i used to get 1%/hr a very long time ago during haven days, then 2.5~3% an hour during lach days, i know fully well how hard it is late game. The argument is that, in reboot it takes literally less than half the effort to put in than reg server, hence why people are so spoiled with reboot rates they get lazy and not realize the sheer differences between the reg server and reboot server rates, look at Zhong for a instant whose been caught literally afk grinding on his kanna cause he was literally just to lazy to do it for himself, and for all we know he could have been doing the same exact thing during HoH days considering all you had to do was stand still in 1 spot and spam reflection and move around after a while so you dont get attack-locked.

I'm just saying, it's unfair for "Both" to be default, idc if they keep the Both tab in, i'd just very much rather make them have reg-server default considering reg servers has (obviously if you've played long before reboot) been around MUCH longer than reboot has. Some of the newer players don't even KNOW that reboot's exp base rates are boosted unfairly to all hell, it gives a bad perspective for the newer players that are curious about what servers to play in, reboot is literally a private server on itself.

I'll be honest, I'm having a hard time reading this post. But I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying.
    I'm saying that it's unfair that reboot, which is supposed to be the harder server, is actually the easier server.
    I believe we agree on this. Regardless of if the both tab exists or not, Reboot is easier. I'd say this is the root of the issue.