[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Edelstein Secret Square map bug

SoulCubeSoulCube
Reactions: 300
in Bug Reporting
Bug type: map, quests

Brief bug summary: The Secret Square of Edelstein you can go to through sewers is changed.

More details:

When doing "The Secret Square" quest in Edelstein, The secret plaza was not approachable, since the map automatically changed when I enter.

Steps to reproduce:

Enter the underground plaza in Edelstein.

Character name: MidnightCube, SoulCube

Character level: 60, 206

Character job: Hermit, Dawn Warrior

World name: Scania

Date and time of the incident:

6:30 pm 2019-02-04

Comments

• FoxnewsFoxnews
    Reactions: 200
    edited February 2019
    So, I just started a new Demon Avenger on Reboot and I am unable to see any NPCs except for Elex, who keeps giving me the run around. I don't know if this is normal but if anyone knows how to "fix" the secret hideout, that would be fantastic.
  • CocoSharkCocoShark
    Reactions: 500
    edited February 2019
    Whenever i enter the sewer pipes i am instantly teleported to a version of the plaza that only has one npc and some fallen soldiers i cant even create a resistance class nor advance one
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2019
    You'll have to be more specific about what's happening.

For starters, the quest "The Secret Square" is only available for Explorer thieves and Dual Blades, not Dawn Warriors.
    There are no quests for Cygnus Knights which lead you into the Secret Plaza (the Resistance hideout map). There are a handful of quests where you interact with Edelstein citizens and the Resistance, but none of them involve entering the hideout itself.

But more importantly, you'd have to specify what you mean by "has changed" and "not approachable". What is happening? Can you not enter the Secret Plaza using the sewer pipe on the left-hand side of Edelstein (in between the police station and the school)? Is it related to this issue?
    CocoShark
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    The Edelstein Secret Plaza looks changed because of the Lunar New Year video message event.
    After you complete today's mission for that event ("Officer of the Day", in your star notifier), the Secret Plaza will return to normal.
    I expect it will also return to normal if you just wait until today's reset, in about 17 hours.
  • PrindiePrindie
    Neospector wrote: »
    You'll have to be more specific about what's happening.

For starters, the quest "The Secret Square" is only available for Explorer thieves and Dual Blades, not Dawn Warriors.
    There are no quests for Cygnus Knights which lead you into the Secret Plaza (the Resistance hideout map). There are a handful of quests where you interact with Edelstein citizens and the Resistance, but none of them involve entering the hideout itself.

But more importantly, you'd have to specify what you mean by "has changed" and "not approachable". What is happening? Can you not enter the Secret Plaza using the sewer pipe on the left-hand side of Edelstein (in between the police station and the school)? Is it related to this issue?

That url reports "Discussion not found" and I can't find it in the search.
    I am also experiencing this problem, which is making completing the 3rd Job Advancement for a Wild Hunter impossible. I can raise another ticket if you'd like.

To replicate, from Black Wing Territory > Edelstein, go to Secret Plaza (using the sewer pipe portal near Belle). It briefly shows Secret Plaza with the usual NPCs (e.g., Belle > Wild Hunter Instructor), and before you can do anything, you are then transported to Edelstein > Underground Plaza. From my googling this appears to be a Mirror World map. There is only 1 NPC on this map, Elex the Blaster Instructor. Cash Shop is unavailable from this map, and another player cannot use Hyper Teleport Rock to teleport to you on this map.

I have been able to replicate this on a Wild Hunter (DefiantPrind level 60), and a Demon Slayer (NobleQuietus level 70).
    AKradian wrote: »
    The Edelstein Secret Plaza looks changed because of the Lunar New Year video message event.
    After you complete today's mission for that event ("Officer of the Day", in your star notifier), the Secret Plaza will return to normal.
    I expect it will also return to normal if you just wait until today's reset, in about 17 hours.

Anybody attempting to do 1st, 2nd, or 3rd job advancements won't be able to do this due to the level 61 requirement on New Year's events.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Prindie wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »

Anybody attempting to do 1st, 2nd, or 3rd job advancements won't be able to do this due to the level 61 requirement on New Year's events.

Indeed.
    Unfortunately, I don't expect Nexon to scramble to fix this issue (unscheduled maintenance), on the assumption that it will disappear by itself later today.
  • MhaerenMhaeren
    Foxnews wrote: »
    So, I just started a new Demon Avenger on Reboot and I am unable to see any NPCs except for Elex, who keeps giving me the run around. I don't know if this is normal but if anyone knows how to "fix" the secret hideout, that would be fantastic.

Same Issue but Elex isn't really talking to me and some no name NPCs are lying around the room looking like they got their asses beaten up. No matter how often I go out of the Room and come back to it, it changes to this weird bug everytime. I can see Claudine for a split second though until the above mentioned picture appears again. Hopefully this will be fixed soon since I am kinda new to the game and really want to play Demon Avenger :D
  • Same here. Can't get 1st job.