[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I have been waiting years for a world leap event.

JordanTheTrollJordanTheTroll
Reactions: 435
in General Chat
This is insane. Hime would of never allowed this to happen. I cant enjoy maplestory because my server is dead. I have been in khaini for more then 10 years but i need friends. its too lonely. For the amount of servers that are dead world leap events are not held frequently enough. Why make it impossible for your LOYAL player base to connect with more maplers then ever before. sincerely a guy who played maplestory for 11 years and just wants to keep playing but not in a ghost server.
WONDERGUY

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2019
    There was a transfer event a couple years back, well outside of Hime's tenure. Well outside of even Artasi's tenure.

I should also point out that the only thing making it "impossible to connect" with more players is your apparent resistance to the thought of restarting on a new server. While that's understandable, it's also not really something that nexon is fully to blame for. You can, at any time, uproot yourself from khaini and restart in bera or reboot(whichever suits your fancy), but you don't.

And as much as I'd love to see another world transfer event, it goes without saying that bera will likely be joining the ranks of scania and windia in being barred from incoming transfers from other servers. Your only realistic option is to take it upon yourself to relocate for now.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    We need one way transfers from high to low pop servers.

OR

Additional alliances. Maybe combine grazed, bacon, and broni.
    DaxterbeerMerphist
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2019
    JushiroNet wrote: »

OR

One-way transfers from high-pop to low-pop is going to help nothing but to further scatter the playerbase, and world alliances are a dead horse that needs no further beating. Look at the three world alliances that already exist, two of them are comprised of six worlds each yet those are among the most barren and lifeless of all the worlds. That does not scream "success" to me.

What is needed is full server merges. No alliances, no transfer event periods where you have to choose between leaving behind a dead world, or your storage space and monster collection progress. Actual, full server merges, and nothing less.
    MerphistFuhreakJordanTheTroll
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    What is needed is full server merges. No alliances, no transfer event periods where you have to choose between leaving behind a dead world, or your storage space and monster collection progress. Actual, full server merges, and nothing less.

I'm not against this at all, but this requires a great deal more effort. I'd rather they did the alliances now and sorted out the full merge later.
    One-way transfers from high-pop to low-pop is going to help nothing but to further scatter the playerbase

That's kind of the point. Balancing the overloaded worlds with the smaller worlds.
    Merphist
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2019
    That's kind of the point. Balancing the overloaded worlds with the smaller worlds.

The era of this game, this service at least, requiring almost 20 different worlds is long over. They can prune the server list down to three or four, not counting reboot.
    Fuhreak
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited February 2019
    Honestly, if they merge the servers (Not like KMS did this a few years back) they'd just need to give the option of carrying over items/characters. I'd have a tough time giving up my Nova characters for Nostalgia purposes...but my Renegades characters are way further along, for example. It would be a difficult process...but world leap generally just ends up overloading one of the non-merged worlds (Bera in the last leap) and leaving the rest to dust. If a World leap does occur, Imma put my money on Windia being the next big hub of community.
  • MerphistMerphist
    Reactions: 890
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Maplestory is a game that has a lot of goals and things to do, but also has a social aspect to it. The more people there are, the more people there will be to socialize with. I am against world transfers as it would also make other servers even more dead because some people want to move into a more populated server.

World merges would be a good idea, but just how many worlds should we merge together. There's also positives and negatives for dead servers. For example, people who play in dead servers can train in the "better" spots ( CLP, FES2, MTS2, Silent Swamp, etc ) that would normally be crowded, can be almost guaranteed a spot. Even during 2x, you can almost manage to find a spot in these maps after 2x has begun. But There is also people who want more friends to talk to, or get new friends.

Depending on anyone's perspective, they may want or not want to merge with other worlds. However most active Maplers have already lived up with a lot of changes, and maybe this time the majority of them will accept it.

I don't want to merge because I won't be #5 Aran in my world alliance anymore. W/C
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019

The era of this game, this service at least, requiring almost 20 different worlds is long over. They can prune the server list down to three or four, not counting reboot.

We already only have 6 normal servers, but yes we should go down to fewer. 3-4 is probably the right number.

Ideally the alliances should become a single server instead of a set of linked servers.

If this isn't possible there's other things that might at least help us in the right direction.
    ex:
    -hide all sub-servers (on world select) unless the account has characters there already
    -display the alliance worlds as a single world in ranking website
    ...maybe more?
  • JordanTheTrollJordanTheTroll
    edited February 2019

OR

One-way transfers from high-pop to low-pop is going to help nothing but to further scatter the playerbase, and world alliances are a dead horse that needs no further beating. Look at the three world alliances that already exist, two of them are comprised of six worlds each yet those are among the most barren and lifeless of all the worlds. That does not scream "success" to me.

Yup we need full server merges there is no other choice. Maplestory is a mature game. There is no room for any error or dissonnection between its lasting population.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited February 2019
    dont you learn all this years about merge lol
    look at world transfer how it was done and what was the limits (yea lol it had restrictions why ?)
    you think they cant do it more like that ?
    you think they dont see the countless threads of people want to merge move to populated sever

they know and see it well, they got no problem doing it
    why they ignore for so long and dont want make their community satisfied i got no idea
    (like for real you need to beg for years and countless times just to get out of dead server wich is their fault for me its so crazy and i cant understand )
    Merphist wrote: »
    Maplestory is a game that has a lot of goals and things to do, but also has a social aspect to it. The more people there are, the more people there will be to socialize with. I am against world transfers as it would also make other servers even more dead because some people want to move into a more populated server.

World merges would be a good idea, but just how many worlds should we merge together. There's also positives and negatives for dead servers. For example, people who play in dead servers can train in the "better" spots ( CLP, FES2, MTS2, Silent Swamp, etc ) that would normally be crowded, can be almost guaranteed a spot. Even during 2x, you can almost manage to find a spot in these maps after 2x has begun. But There is also people who want more friends to talk to, or get new friends.

Depending on anyone's perspective, they may want or not want to merge with other worlds. However most active Maplers have already lived up with a lot of changes, and maybe this time the majority of them will accept it.

I don't want to merge because I won't be #5 Aran in my world alliance anymore. W/C

i understand some dont want social thing and want grind alone and all that
    but no reason to force other to stay away from their friends just cus they could not transfer on time or cus weird restrictions
    most of maplers are fine with transfer no need merge you can stay on server you want

how hard its to make your customer happy like:

Hey mapler we heard you are not satisfied with our service unfortunately xxx server population decreased and its not optimal for multiplayer style we intended alltho some enjoy in it ,we know you want continue play on populated server and we would like to transfer you there
    write you characters etc etc ............

its not hard right ? all win win
    but i think its all about remake char and invest $$$ again or move reboot
    or maybe not lol

• JordanTheTrollJordanTheTroll
    edited February 2019
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    dont you learn all this years about merge lol
    look at world transfer how it was done and what was the limits (yea lol it had restrictions why ?)
    you think they cant do it more like that ?
    you think they dont see the countless threads of people want to merge move to populated sever

they know and see it well, they got no problem doing it
    why they ignore for so long and dont want make their community satisfied i got no idea
    (like for real you need to beg for years and countless times just to get out of dead server wich is their fault for me its so crazy and i cant understand )
    Merphist wrote: »

i understand some dont want social thing and want grind alone and all that
    but no reason to force other to stay away from their friends just cus they could not transfer on time or cus weird restrictions
    most of maplers are fine with transfer no need merge you can stay on server you want

how hard its to make your customer happy like:

Hey mapler we heard you are not satisfied with our service unfortunately xxx server population decreased and its not optimal for multiplayer style we intended alltho some enjoy in it ,we know you want continue play on populated server and we would like to transfer you there
    write you characters etc etc ............

its not hard right ? all win win
    but i think its all about remake char and invest $$$ again or move reboot
    or maybe not lol

yes this was hard to read but yes this is on point
    WONDERGUY