[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Star Force was disappointing

HousePetHousePet
Reactions: 1,245
edited February 2019 in General Chat
I added 31 stars, spread across my Pensalir gear, pendant and badge. Everything possible is now at 11. (Weapon is 13 from an event scroll.)
The only change appeared to be -100m mesos. Damage barely increased. Defense might have increased a bit, but that stat appears to be useless these days.

I guess stars are meaningless until 20s and its really all about potentials.

Comments

• HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited February 2019
    When you can get +30% boost from Legendary potentials Star Force really is only a small boost by itself and it needs those %s to really work.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    There is a certain threshold that you have to hit where these things start to matter more. Once you're around the 9-10m range mark, you'll notice that each stat/mattk adds a lot more to your range. In the beginning, the stats add a lot less because there's less contributing to things like %stat and %(m)attk. For me, I noticed a huge boost after a) I finished scrolling all my Gollux equipment, b) when I got my weapon/secondary/emblem to unique/legendary and got %mattk and c) getting my items to 12* (and then big boost again getting them up to 17* and 22*).

Once all of your items have at least 1 line of %stat, then you can focus on bumping things up to unique/legendary, getting 2-3 lines instead of 1. Unless you're p2w and can fork over thousands of dollars to do this instantly, it is a slow and uphill battle getting your range up. =(
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited February 2019
    Mira wrote: »
    There is a certain threshold that you have to hit where these things start to matter more. Once you're around the 9-10m range mark, you'll notice that each stat/mattk adds a lot more to your range. In the beginning, the stats add a lot less because there's less contributing to things like %stat and %(m)attk. For me, I noticed a huge boost after a) I finished scrolling all my Gollux equipment, b) when I got my weapon/secondary/emblem to unique/legendary and got %mattk and c) getting my items to 12* (and then big boost again getting them up to 17* and 22*).

Once all of your items have at least 1 line of %stat, then you can focus on bumping things up to unique/legendary, getting 2-3 lines instead of 1. Unless you're p2w and can fork over thousands of dollars to do this instantly, it is a slow and uphill battle getting your range up. =(

Its a long fight to get all the cubes you need. Heck only yesterday I was lucky enough to raise my Fafnir to Unique, and that's only the beginning.
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited February 2019
    100m isn't a lot these days but from 15* onwards there are considerable gains, too bad nexon forgot to adjust the price/chance when they raised it to 25*
    Kuronekonova