[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Wow, just wow

HozamaHozama
Reactions: 345
edited March 2019 in Rants and Raves
Was hunting some Zombie Dogs on a new character. 5 different channels, each with a Kanna hacker. One channel had 4 of them. Sure, it's no where near as bad as hacking used to be, but come the flip on.
WONDERGUYHuskyDM

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2019
    Every single thing they've done thus far has had zero effect on the bots and has instead piled negative impact after negative impact upon players. Look at the ban waves that have happened in the past six months, they've all ended in the same way, with nexon coming out and going "oh it was because we changed what our automated system checks for to ban bots, we've changed it back", and that's after support stonewalls and chastises the unfortunate players who've been caught up in it for weeks on-end.

At this point, I really wish you'd just stop trying, you'd make people a lot happier if you did.
    HuskyDM
  • GodFutationGodFutation
    Reactions: 515
    edited March 2019
    Nexon is stupid. More like they are retarded.My baby can run this game better than they can.
  • HozamaHozama
    Reactions: 345
    edited March 2019
    One of the channels had a "Black mage healer?" No idea what that was, but I was fighting it and doing okayish. Then a hacker appeared and vacced the enemy into my and killed me.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited March 2019
    Nexon is stupid. More like they are retarded.My baby can run this game better than they can.

Do you enjoy saying things to get threads locked or are you just having a bad day?
  • GodFutationGodFutation
    edited March 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Do you enjoy saying things to get threads locked or are you just having a bad day?

Im sorry i didint know that sentence gets threads locked? I thought the gms are adults or am I wrong?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2019
    Im sorry i didint know that sentence gets threads locked? I thought the gms are adults or am I wrong?

Insulting people's intelligence despite warnings may or may not get the thread locked, depending on how bad the situation gets.

In this case, derailing a thread and continuing to call people names despite having been warned against doing so may not get the thread locked immediately, but it may result in punitive measures as necessary.
    If you can continue the thread without breaking the rules, on the other hand, it will be left open.
  • GodFutationGodFutation
    edited March 2019
    Neospector wrote: »

Insulting people's intelligence despite warnings may or may not get the thread locked, depending on how bad the situation gets.

In this case, derailing a thread and continuing to call people names despite having been warned against doing so may not get the thread locked immediately, but it may result in punitive measures as necessary.
    If you can continue the thread without breaking the rules, on the other hand, it will be left open.

All im saying is nexon is stupid, I mean i have other words to describe them which they deserve to be called but I know those will prob get thread locked, so I just called them stupid, retarded, dummies, you know the more polite way of calling a company thats bad at managing games.
    WONDERGUY
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited March 2019
    Neospector wrote: »

All im saying is nexon is stupid, I mean i have other words to describe them which they deserve to be called but I know those will prob get thread locked, so I just called them stupid, retarded, dummies, you know the more polite way of calling a company thats bad at managing games.

I'm not too sure on your experiences, but in mine I've generally found that people aren't as receptive to criticism as you'd like them to be when it's laced with, or predominately comprised of, personal insults and the like. People are typically more keen on listening to criticisms, being told that how they're doing something may not be the best way to do it, when you aren't insulting their intelligence and belittling them every other breath.

Yes, nexon deserves criticism, I'm not going to argue that point. But all you've done is call the amorphous "them" retarded money-grubbers. That's not criticism in any stretch of its definition. That's simply being insulting for insult's sake. Trust me on this one, I've been where you are, and I've had a publishing company essentially tell me "we'd appreciate it if you never came back" because of it. This came from people above the community-facing employees in the company hierarchy, above even the support staff who handled tickets, because I simply could not reign in my behavior on their forums. My hope for you is that, if this ban is temporary, you'll be able to move beyond the point you're at now. Being hostile, insulting and vitriolic will not do you any favors.

I'm saying all of this, not to belittle or demean you, but to hopefully steer you away from the same path I spent longer than I like to admit traveling down. There's nothing rewarding about becoming little more than a pariah in a community, or coming to the point where it's just expected of you to be an angry and hostile jackass.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited March 2019
    Hozama wrote: »
    Was hunting some Zombie Dogs on a new character. 5 different channels, each with a Kanna hacker. One channel had 4 of them. Sure, it's no where near as bad as hacking used to be, but come the flip on.

Expect some memo handwaving the issue with "We are working on it". Granted I've seen less bots than 3 years ago, but then again my server is a ghost town so the bots just moved to somewhere more lucrative. I swear it wouldn't be much of an issue if they at least had some GMs working on vanishing bots instead of using some automated system, actually worked on getting hack/bots/selling sites down, make their code stronger, and after all this gave the community some well deserved love because damn. Sometimes it feels as if they want no one playing their game.