[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Open Advancement from I/L to Bishop

SeasonPepeSeasonPepe
Reactions: 200
in General Chat
So I am thinking of changing from I/L to Bishop, but I have a few questions about the V Matrix change.
So I'm aware that everything will reset, but if I were to disassemble all of my current nodes and keep them as node shards, would I be able to use those node shards to create Bishop Nodes or would the node shards reset as well?

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    SeasonPepe wrote: »
    So I am thinking of changing from I/L to Bishop, but I have a few questions about the V Matrix change.
    So I'm aware that everything will reset, but if I were to disassemble all of my current nodes and keep them as node shards, would I be able to use those node shards to create Bishop Nodes or would the node shards reset as well?

I don't know for sure, but from what I heard, you don't have to disassemble your I/L nodes. They'll just get unequipped and you won't be able to re-equip them (since you're a different job now). Nothing get's "reset" perse. Node shards should stay the same also.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2019
    YinYangX wrote: »
    SeasonPepe wrote: »

I don't know for sure, but from what I heard, you don't have to disassemble your I/L nodes. They'll just get unequipped and you won't be able to re-equip them (since you're a different job now). Nothing get's "reset" perse. Node shards should stay the same also.

This is correct, yes. You don't lose anything but the ability to use the nodes that are now for a different class than you currently are.
    Fuhreak
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Unless you're 100% sure you're staying a Bishop, or your nodes aren't very high-levelled, I wouldn't bother disassembling in the event you might return to the class.
    Fuhreak
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Keeping the nodestones also opens up a weird potential for an explorer class to have multiple roles.
    If you like Bishop well enough and you have a bossing group, you can potentially fill that role for awhile until you find a bishop main.
    Alternatively you can just keep switching as you see fit without having to grind up another character.
    Of course that's expensive, but it's still a possibility that is unique to explorer.
  • SeasonPepeSeasonPepe
    Reactions: 200
    edited March 2019
    Oh wow that's quite interesting.
    Thank you everyone for the responses!
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    It's not going anywhere
    unknown.png
    YinYangXFuhreak