[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Best party recruitment method

InovamedInovamed
Reactions: 675
edited March 2019 in General Chat
Can anyone tell me the best way to recruit for party?
I dont like doing it in game with a megaphones, and to be honest when I tried, no one even contacted me. Also, its a waste of NX.
Are there other ways?
Thanks

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Join a guild.

There just aren't enough people in the game for random recruitment to work. Join a guild, make friends, and make parties with them.
    Inovamed
  • InovamedInovamed
    edited March 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    Join a guild.

There just aren't enough people in the game for random recruitment to work. Join a guild, make friends, and make parties with them.
    Player population is really kinda dead as you describe it. I might even make my own guild if I cant join an active one.
    Do you have some explanation to this problem of low player population? Why did everyone quit? Or it's just me playing on dead hours.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Inovamed wrote: »
    Join a guild.

Player population is really kinda dead as you describe it. I might even make my own guild if I cant join an active one.
    Do you have some explanation to this problem of low player population? Why did everyone quit? Or it's just me playing on dead hours.

It's a combination of factors:
    Players grew older and busier in real life.
    There are a lot more games competing for new players today than there were 10 years ago.
    Mistakes were made that drove players away.

InovamedYinYangX
  • InovamedInovamed
    edited March 2019
    Join a guild.

There are a lot more games competing for new players today than there were 10 years ago.
    Mistakes, huh? Can you give a few examples of mistakes?
    Like the big bang update, things like that? Are these the mistakes you mean?
    Or a completely different thing?
    Yes well I'm one of these players who grew up, but I still have time to play this game. And I can understand feelings of shame playing this game at a certain age, but I do it in my free time. Not instead of going to work, for example.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2019
    Join a guild.

Yes well I'm one of these players who grew up, but I still have time to play this game. And I can understand feelings of shame playing this game at a certain age, but I do it in my free time. Not instead of going to work, for example.

Mistakes are entirely subjective. You might hate one update that I feel was really great. Everyone has a different idea in mind of where they feel the game should go, and when it ultimately doesn't go that way, they're put off from it. I wouldn't attribute lower populations to any one single update, either. Reason being, a lot of people like to attribute potential, cubes, and the pay-to-win nature of the game to the big bang update, while failing to remember that potential, and cubes by extension, were introduced a handful of updates before the big bang update itself. This is also why, I feel, people who screech about a "pre-bb server" have their heads firmly planted somewhere they ought not to be. But that's neither here nor there as far as this thread's concerned.

The game is almost 15 years old at this point, and the overarching playstyle of the game has not changed in that time. I wouldn't expect everyone to play one game for that long and not be bored of it by some point.
  • InovamedInovamed
    edited March 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Join a guild.

Mistakes are entirely subjective. You might hate one update that I feel was really great. Everyone has a different idea in mind of where they feel the game should go, and when it ultimately doesn't go that way, they're put off from it. I wouldn't attribute lower populations to any one single update, either. Reason being, a lot of people like to attribute potential, cubes, and the pay-to-win nature of the game to the big bang update, while failing to remember that potential, and cubes by extension, were introduced a handful of updates before the big bang update itself. This is also why, I feel, people who screech about a "pre-bb server" have their heads firmly planted somewhere they ought not to be. But that's neither here nor there as far as this thread's concerned.

The game is almost 15 years old at this point, and the overarching playstyle of the game has not changed in that time. I wouldn't expect everyone to play one game for that long and not be bored of it by some point.
    I'd appreciate if we stick to a main subject for the discussion, and if you can please avoid steering things too far away from that, thanks.
    I get the idea behind the term "mistakes" and that it's a matter of opinion. I was just wondering, what specifically mistakes Akradian was referring to - or if he was just, speaking generally without referring to any specific mistake(again, a matter of opinion of course).
    In the end, yes, people can get bored of this game and yes people can and have quit the game because of this and that. My point is, still, the game is well known and atleast supposed to be popular. Yet, its sometimes so dead and empty to the extent that you feel like it's not an online multiplayer game, but a single-player game.
    With all the possible mistakes, and boredom of people, it doesn't make sense that it is as dead as it is right now. Something else, which I'm trying to find out, is causing this problem.
    I can get kinda used to the way things are now, but no way would I ever say I am happy about it. The informal term "SoloStory" makes a lot of sense to me by now.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Some servers are dead, however it's more often that players just don't want to party because of the current meta surrounding the game.
    The only people that actually do party are the friends you bring into the game, or sometimes guildmates going for mules.
    SlicedTime