[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

When's the last time I logged in anyway? So, why?

ota9x55ruri2pponota9x55ruri2ppon
Reactions: 1,580
edited April 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
no Burning and yes Burning makes the main difference, I can say for sure now,
but I guess more details would be better, wouldn't it?
Aside from the obvious time-consuming process of playing and the fact that few of us have the actual time for games,
I personally think it has to do with the "fun" aspect of the game.

Logically speaking, I would be willing to spend time if there is enough "fun" for me to forget that "time" is running.
Specifically speaking, a lot of the gameplay, on a new level 1 character or on an old level 130 character, feels repetitive, not refreshing.
I understand there may not be much to do to change this, as much Giga Bytes as the game is taking up already right now,
but I would still like to see different something every time I am running a new character of the same job.
Then again, I can always go on hiatus for months before logging back in again, that way I'd pretty much forget all about the tedious parts,
but first I am not sure that should be the vision developers have for this game and second that is just some stupid, useless brainwash, not a real solution.

Anyway, I will leave the thinking to you; the game makers and managers.
I am simply providing my insights as one of your game players, who has 15-20 characters of level 100+ (some will argue that's nothing, please don't flame or judge)
Yes, many of those are results of Burning but still 6-8 of those are cared/ raised well with time, thoughts, and feelings,
meaning although I can appreciate both the aspects of non-Burning and Burning at the same time, I will say now I prefer Burning a lot more.
Events can make some difference but I feel it is just not permanent, not to mention players probably won't even bother going through the hassle anyway.

Just my 2 cents. Hoping to see even better Maple! Thanks for reading my nonsense, haha~
  1. How does Mapling feel like to you right now7 votes
    1. Fun
       14% (1 vote)
    2. Balanced (boring at times but enough fun)
       43% (3 votes)
    3. Boring
       43% (3 votes)
    4. Mixed feeling (I am not too sure)
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    Agree where you're coming from.

For me, the parts I find fun is just interacting with my guild-mates on a daily basis and doing event dailies (haven't done any normal dailies for like a good 2 months. xd) and slowly watching my exp bar go up. Maybe when I have more free time, I'll probably go back to doing normal dailies and feel like the grind gets boring, but for me right now, I feel like it's a good balance of fun and boring for my situation.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited April 2019
    I play to get my character stronger so maybe one day I'll be able to beat all the bosses, and because I like the plot. Interactions with others is so few and far between that if I wanted to play a game so I can talk to others I would play another MMO.