[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

World Merge FAQ

Comments

• SwordStakerSwordStaker
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited June 2019
    Hi Ghiblee. Quick question. What will happen if these merges start to negatively effect the remaining semi-populated world(outside of Bera) Scania. Will there be any plans to merge Scania into one of these new alliances? Thanks
  • DanielcatuDanielcatu
    Reactions: 110
    I hope you guys find a way to keep memory of our worlds. as Yellondian I would really like to keep memory of my world somehow, some kind of skill or reaction pop up like those from line friends event would be amazing aside the *insert world name* pride that was made back in the world alliance era.

world merge is something that maple need from long time ago, but letting yellonde or any world like that is really sad too.
    TachikawaHiyoko
  • noldybnoldyb
    Reactions: 330
    My question is about character slots.
    I understand, a max of 50 will be available on the merged worlds, however, my unused character slots across the different worlds total to well above 50. Does that mean that as soon as the worlds merge, I will have all 50 slots available to me, or will I have as many slots as I currently have characters? Or something different still?
  • SerialThiefSerialThief
    Reactions: 600
    edited June 2019
    DarkDave wrote: »
    what's gonna happen to the people who, for example, is on a server that merge into any of the world (1 or 2), and want to transfer to Bera?
    Will you do a world leap event, so people can decide, as a community, to which server they want to transfer?. Happened with Bera (people agreed to transfer to bera).

you will never be able to go bera if u want bera u will have to open new one what will be happen that everyone that still want play will go open new char in bera and leave everything after world merge and nexon will have no choies but to give up and do only 2 servers or 1 big with 50-70chs its not able to play when botters run that game they kill Free Market they only way its to spend money on the game cuz there is no ppl to work with not social at all... bera its the only place u can fill like Maplestory 2006-2008
  • SerialThiefSerialThief
    edited June 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    zEunWol wrote: »
    Hello, I have have three questions.

1. Will people in "busier" servers such as Scania and Bera be able to transfer into these newly merged servers? A similar opportunity was available in a previous server merge that happened a couple years back.

2. If not right away, are there plans for a character transfer event at all?

3. Could you explain why we can't just have 1 server for everybody to play on?

I'm mostly bringing these questions up as a player who faces the barrier of having friends in other servers. Thank you for your time!

1. Remains to be seen. I'm personally of the opinion of no transfers for at least a few months after the merge happens to allow for things to settle.

2. I can't answer this, for obvious reasons.

3. Have you seen reboot or bera during a 2x weekend? Having too few servers to account for peak activity times(such as 2x events) is just as bad an idea as having too many servers.

i try quote that guy that answer you ill say that i think you ask here really good questions and my answer to them is 1. not going to be world transfer at all 2. that world merge will not help in nothing they just do it to check if there server will be with community and not they will not going to be community in thos server cuz thos server getting merge from die servers anyway so why would that world merge help he will not help and i hope i get lags in 2x events man cuz dont care about they like i care play with ppl and getting know new ones in die server u cant do it if the 2x event its the problem!!!! dont give a sh1t ill still wanna play in bera with all and not in a dying server that have nothing in him and ppl or any market to do somthing
  • SerialThiefSerialThief
    edited June 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    zEunWol wrote: »
    Hello, I have have three questions.

1. Will people in "busier" servers such as Scania and Bera be able to transfer into these newly merged servers? A similar opportunity was available in a previous server merge that happened a couple years back.

2. If not right away, are there plans for a character transfer event at all?

3. Could you explain why we can't just have 1 server for everybody to play on?

I'm mostly bringing these questions up as a player who faces the barrier of having friends in other servers. Thank you for your time!

1. Remains to be seen. I'm personally of the opinion of no transfers for at least a few months after the merge happens to allow for things to settle.

2. I can't answer this, for obvious reasons.

3. Have you seen reboot or bera during a 2x weekend? Having too few servers to account for peak activity times(such as 2x events) is just as bad an idea as having too many servers.

i try quote that guy that answer you ill say that i think you ask here really good questions and my answer to them is 1. not going to be world transfer at all 2. that world merge will not help in nothing they just do it to check if there server will be with community and not they will not going to be community in thos server cuz thos server getting merge from die servers anyway so why would that world merge help he will not help and i hope i perfer getting lags in 2x events man cuz dont care about they like i care play with ppl and getting know new ones in die server u cant do it if the 2x event its the problem!!!! dont give a sh1t ill still wanna play in bera with all and not in a dying server that have nothing in him and ppl or any market to do somthing

• SerialThiefSerialThief
    edited June 2019
    Hi Ghiblee. Quick question. What will happen if these merges start to negatively effect the remaining semi-populated world(outside of Bera) Scania. Will there be any plans to merge Scania into one of these new alliances? Thanks

i can ez say that not... scania will not be invold in all that and if yea still not help.. bera its the only server that worth play in or reboot 1 of them... all rest nothing
    they didnt need to do 2 servers only 1... all merge server are dying anyway so why would they do 2!!?? idk oh i know its nexon :)
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited June 2019
    Ghiblee wrote: »
    Hello Maplers!

Feel free to post your questions concerning the World Merge here! :)

Please read our World Merge FAQ post before asking your questions! :D
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/49523/world-merges-are-coming-this-august

My one and biggest question is after this merging is done will you guys resolve the real issues of the game? For me to go into detail about it will you allow players to choose their worlds and transfer? I have brothers as well as guildmates and other people who been affected by the bera transfer and I'm alright with a world merge as long as the world merge leads to a world transfer. with it being 4 worlds it would make sense to allow it.

Also, the hacker issue will you guys add in new in-game security like gm's in-game to help mod in the game? There's a lot of questions I want to ask but I feel the transfer is the biggest one as the merge isn't helpful.
  • KawaLightningKawaLightning
    Reactions: 365
    Will be be able to switch characters to Scania and Bera?

I have room in Scania since I only have 10 characters there and I have room in Bera only 22 characters there. I REALLY think 2 worlds is too little.

This World Merger hurts, My Main World has been Khaini for years, since I stopped Using Windia and Bera and Broa As Main Worlds. But the World merger is too hard for me if I can't add characters to Scania and Bera. I've been playing Maplestory for almost 14 years although sometimes more often and sometimes less often.
    Khaini alone has 32 characters, My first few level 100+ characters. And Khaini wasn't the only world I concidered a Main world Kradia, Windia, and Mardia for a time. I've have characters in 12 of the15 Worlds that will be merged, and Most of those 12 worlds have 9 or more characters in them. I have Characters in All worlds Except Renegades, Arcania, and Nova. I will miss all the worlds, But I really wanted to keep Khaini and Windia... :-:

I have addded up characters per new world and I have way over the 50 characters limit when I added up all characters for the 2 new worlds. For the first new world (the one with Khaini) added up and I will have 80 characters and I don't want to delete any of my characters.
    And the second New world total is 60 character when I added up all characters of the posted merging World. I really want to keep all my characters I have been working on many for a long time.

I really want and need a way to keep all my characters.
    Please Help
    TachikawaHiyoko
  • innncginnncg
    Reactions: 555
    edited June 2019
    What about the legion blocks from lab sever?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2019
    @Ghiblee will you or anyone else be responding to these questions at some point? Considering you posted this thread as an FAQ and I've yet to see any answers beyond conjecture on both my part and that of others. Is there some kind of "gathering questions" period you have to wait out before you can start giving answers?
  • PureRoyalNativePureRoyalNative
    Reactions: 1,220
    edited June 2019
    I just wanted to say, that I am excited about the merger. I understand that some people can be upset if they have 50+ characters that they really care about and don't want to lose, but I have felt there have been too many worlds for a while now. I don't know what kind of "state" MS is in. (Mostly all I read is people saying, "It's dead.") But during events I have seen a lot of people just hanging out in the towns so I feel there are still plenty of people around. We are all just too spread apart to play together, which I am sure this merger is trying to help. I do wish the hacking problem could be solved but I still find the game fun despite that. All in all, I can't wait to see everyone get moved closer together and I just hope it all works out for everyone. Thank you MS team for continuing to try to keep the game enjoyable.
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited June 2019
    I don't like this transfer shenanigans Nexon is pulling off, if players lose characters or progress in some way like items/monster collection/codex/achievements/quests in progress/etc... data in general from their past mapling, just so they don't have to maintain "dead" servers is telling enough about the status of the game right now

In my opinion, despite possibly being censored or something I'll say this

People over the years asked for classic servers for a reason and it wasn't just to suffer in very painful low exp rates and big maps and less content or to stay afk all day in Henesys WE had a very important thing back then

Nexon took away from Maplestory something very important for any successful mmo, a very important thing being to enable players to cooperate
    Of course, players are also partially to blame me included for letting this mess reach this low,

Welp I started rambling again my point is the game would benefit from a restart err please no reboot or big bang those didn't work

I could be wrong but just making the player FEEL needed in the group/party would make a difference, not just a player being carried to "insert boss name" after they reach lv 200+ that will happen only when solo play is not "the best way to play" or the mindset of competition from players change to cooperation, maybe is too late for this

PureRoyalNativeTachikawaHiyokoBenjii699
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited June 2019
    Yakudle wrote: »
    I don't like this transfer shenanigans Nexon is pulling off, if players lose characters or progress in some way like items/monster collection/codex/achievements/quests in progress/etc... data in general from their past mapling, just so they don't have to maintain "dead" servers is telling enough about the status of the game right now

People over the years asked for classic servers for a reason and it wasn't just to suffer in very painful low exp rates and big maps and less content or to stay afk all day in Henesys WE had a very important thing back then

Nexon took away from Maplestory something very important for any successful mmo, a very important thing being to enable players to cooperate
    Of course, players are also partially to blame me included for letting this mess reach this low,

Welp I started rambling again my point is the game would benefit from a restart err please no reboot or big bang those didn't work

I could be wrong but just making the player FEEL needed in the group/party would make a difference, not just a player being carried to "insert boss name" after they reach lv 200+ that will happen only when solo play is not "the best way to play" or the mindset of competition from players change to cooperation, maybe is too late for this

No one is losing anything. If you actually took the time to read, you'd see that things that go over a limit(51 or more characters, 129 or more items in storage, etc) are temporarily invisible. They're not gone, they're not deleted, they're just hidden from view due to technical limitations on the part of the game and/or devs.

Classic maple server will never happen because a vocal dozen-odd people doesn't translate into "worth the hardware and upkeep costs to operate" to nexon.
    PureRoyalNative
  • inFairytalezinFairytalez
    Reactions: 400
    edited June 2019
    What is going to happen when new characters come out and we have max characters because of the merging. Either way seems like we have no choice but to delete characters that we worked hard on in other worlds.. =\
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited June 2019
    What is going to happen when new characters come out and we have max characters because of the merging. Either way seems like we have no choice but to delete characters that we worked hard on in other worlds.. =\

So you make active use of 50+ characters to the point where losing even a single one would be somehow detrimental to you? Is that what you're saying?
  • CatharanthusCatharanthus
    Reactions: 1,115
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    It's already been a week. Has the question of whether or not we'll be losing our Monster Collections been answered yet? I'm not as worried about going over limit in my storage or character slots.
    edited June 2019
    It's already been a week. Has the question of whether or not we'll be losing our Monster Collections been answered yet? I'm not as worried about going over limit in my storage or character slots.

I am curious about this as well but at the same time I am not really "worried." It would just be a pain to get some of those collections back.
    edited June 2019
    Yakudle wrote: »

I agree. It would be nice if the community could some how work better together but I am curious if lowering the amount of worlds to play on is actually going to help with this. From my experience (playing since 2006) any time I would enter a map with someone else playing on it I would always get a "Please CC" message. I never liked that because I have always wanted to play in groups with other people but I was always immediately pushed away. Maybe less worlds will force people to play together but then again that could also force people to not want to play at all. So IDK.
  • UnemployedUnemployed
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited June 2019
    I hope we get a World Transfer. You guys are against it for selfish reasons. There are players who have mains who want to move to a more popular world and we should have the chance to do so...