[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

World Merge FAQ

Comments

• BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited June 2019
    Will name wipe be available for those players that didn't select the 50 characters after the Merge?
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited June 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    No one is losing anything.
    I'll take the bait lol

If you took the time to read and actually understand what it means to transfer all the accounts data, you should know there is always a chance for loss of something I mean they already stated it in the faq so yes people MAY lose things in this not just characters in other worlds even if is temporarily that's still a loss
    "Due to the complexity of account-shared quests, there is a small chance that some quest progression may not be completely transferred during the merge"

I don't know if you are trolling in denial or just ignore the fact that a lot of people left/quit/couldn't play after big bang update there were more than a dozen people affected
    Oh, by the way, those you referred to as "vocal dozen-odd people" had nothing but passion for this game you know? let me remind you at least WE tried to help the community with ideas for a better maple only to be shut down by the community or censored by the admins as well that's why you only saw a few attempts

Actually, you know what? I want to be wrong so bad!!! nothing shall go wrong in this merge right? right... =(
    TachikawaHiyoko
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2019
    Unemployed wrote: »
    I hope we get a World Transfer. You guys are against it for selfish reasons. There are players who have mains who want to move to a more popular world and we should have the chance to do so...

Right. "Selfish reasons". That's why the merged world in msea is completely dead. Not because they let everyone transfer out before/during/after the merge took place.
    PureRoyalNative
  • PureRoyalNativePureRoyalNative
    Reactions: 1,220
    edited June 2019
    I am not sure I am understanding all the "I want to transfer to a new populated server" talk. When this merger happens it is going to go from 17 servers +Reboot to 4 servers +Reboot. So wont the remaining 4 become "more popular" just because there are less options? I honestly don't see the problem. I also don't understand why people are so against adding characters to certain worlds and not to others. I have at least 3 characters in all the worlds but Reboot and I don't favor any of them over another. So I am in the dark about all this.
    Benjii699
  • UnemployedUnemployed
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited June 2019
    Unemployed wrote: »
    I hope we get a World Transfer. You guys are against it for selfish reasons. There are players who have mains who want to move to a more popular world and we should have the chance to do so...

Right. "Selfish reasons". That's why the merged world in msea is completely dead. Not because they let everyone transfer out before/during/after the merge took place.

So your suggestion is to block these players of a chance of getting into the popular worlds? If someone wants to move there, they can just make a new character and start playing any time. But their items and time spent leveling up the characters would be wasted. Yes. You are being selfish.
    I'm for the move so everyone gets a chance of moving their favorite character into a better world. Period.
    WONDERGUY
    Reactions: 735
    edited June 2019
    Well at least GRAZED prices will drop level 200 gear should flood the game soon.
    I gave up on this game due to in-game bulling, very sad community GRAZED is I was the most hated by a lot of the players because I always got their botting accounts ban.

Their was no other good reason to not like me, not like I was ksing anyone I tried to fit in but never was accepted, no point in playing if you're going to be forced to play by yourself because you don't want to be part of a botter group.

Nexon didn't kill MapleStory the community killed the game, overpricing gear new players can't afford to buy keeps new people from being able to play.
    If you're not part of a "clique" then you're not welcome. I have played this game since 2006 a lot of my friends moved on in life but I stayed behind because MapleStory was all I liked to play, after spending Thousands of dollars over the years I found that the game was no longer fun anymore.
    PureRoyalNativeBenjii699
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2019
    2600 wrote: »
    Well at least GRAZED prices will drop level 200 gear should flood the game soon.
    I gave up on this game due to in-game bulling, very sad community GRAZED is I was the most hated by a lot of the players because I always got their botting accounts ban.

Their was no other good reason to not like me, not like I was ksing anyone I tried to fit in but never was accepted, no point in playing if you're going to be forced to play by yourself because you don't want to be part of a botter group.

Nexon didn't kill MapleStory the community killed the game, overpricing gear new players can't afford to buy keeps new people from being able to play.
    If you're not part of a "clique" then you're not welcome. I have played this game since 2006 a lot of my friends moved on in life but I stayed behind because MapleStory was all I liked to play, after spending Thousands of dollars over the years I found that the game was no longer fun anymore.

In no way exclusive to this game lmao
  • inFairytalezinFairytalez
    Reactions: 400
    edited June 2019
    What is going to happen when new characters come out and we have max characters because of the merging. Either way seems like we have no choice but to delete characters that we worked hard on in other worlds.. =\

So you make active use of 50+ characters to the point where losing even a single one would be somehow detrimental to you? Is that what you're saying?

No but, someone else might. I was just asking seeing as they said we wouldn't be losing anything.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited June 2019
    ill miss using the reward point shops in the other world of my alliance.
  • noldybnoldyb
    Reactions: 330
    edited June 2019
    My question is about character slots. I understand, a max of 50 will be available on the merged worlds, however, my unused character slots across the different worlds total to well above 50. Does that mean that as soon as the worlds merge, I will have all 50 slots available to me, or will I have as many slots as I currently have characters?
    PureRoyalNativeinFairytalezTachikawaHiyoko
  • DiximaNDiximaN
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited June 2019
    Why do you guys hate Scania so much
  • KawaLightningKawaLightning
    Reactions: 365
    edited June 2019
    DiximaN wrote: »
    Why do you guys hate Scania so much

I don't hate Scania I Just have bad memories of lag and over population. Besides Khaini provided me all I needed as soon as I decided I like Khaini. But I have a better computer now almost never lags so far, but for the computer I use to have over population = Lag which caused disconnect. Yeah so that caused bad memories of lots of Lag = disconnect. And after world hopping for a little while Khaini became favorite over Windia and there for grew in levels and Character size. And why I have problem with world merge as it so far, not knowing if I can add characters to Scania and Bera. Khaini alone has 32 characters, I really don't wish to delete characters. There are characters I spent money to change hair or add slots to inventory, and deleting any of those would really upset me.
  • pommepouffepommepouffe
    Reactions: 1,660
    edited June 2019
    @Ghiblee thank you for making a post and I hope we will start seeing some answers once the fixes for our buggy Pathfinder patch have been completed.

My concern is same as first comment: will we be able to keep our Monster Collection progress? I've been slowly accruing my collection and am so close to 600. It would hurt like hell to lose this progress. Even though the FAQ official notes has a section called:
    What will happen to things that are shared across characters on a world, such as shared storage, Cash Shop, Monster Collection, and link skills?
    it is missing any information about Monster Collection.

I am especially worried after this Pathfinder patch where people in alliance worlds cannot see aspects of Legion content unless they are in the 'lead' world of each alliance (Broa, Demethos, Bellocan). This is not the first time it has happened to the alliance worlds after a patch. I hope this will not be the way Monster Collection is treated after the merge; please let everyone keep what we've worked for, regardless of which world we originally played in.
  • TachikawaHiyokoTachikawaHiyoko
    Reactions: 1,290
    edited June 2019
    I'm so shocked and sad about this stupid new idea to "merge" worlds and finally and truly murder what was left of this game...

I have played in Windia since the first day, over 14 years ago, and I can't fathom this game without my world, the ONLY world where I have enjoyed this game, where I have thrived, where I have so many fond memories. And now, the latest "great idea" is to fuse that world into a whole other mess, that sounds very promising to those who enjoyed KS parties and lagging forever, but who sounds like death to me.

Even leaving aside my personal feelings on the matter, the fact that this is the big solution the company has come up with to supposedly "solve" the fact that the game is emptier and that so many people complain about that, that fact seems ludicrous to me. We know Nexon, specially those of us who've been around for years. Can we truly believe that everything will be so wonderful and smooth? :/

I have stayed faithful to this game for 14 years of my life. It's the only MMORPG that has ever meant anything to me and where I've been willing to spend my scarce money. I have taken a lot of the crap that has appeared here over the years, and I've even enjoyed some of the things that have changed for the better. But this... This! This is, definitely, the last nail in the coffin, the consummation of an announced death that I refused to accept.

I can't believe that, after all these years, you're gonna finally take away Windia, my world, the only world where I chose to spend my hours and my money, the place that was my internet home for over 14 years. I just... -_-
    edited June 2019
    I'm so shocked and sad about this stupid new idea to "merge" worlds and finally and truly murder what was left of this game...

I have played in Windia since the first day, over 14 years ago, and I can't fathom this game without my world, the ONLY world where I have enjoyed this game, where I have thrived, where I have so many fond memories. And now, the latest "great idea" is to fuse that world into a whole other mess, that sounds very promising to those who enjoyed KS parties and lagging forever, but who sounds like death to me.

Even leaving aside my personal feelings on the matter, the fact that this is the big solution the company has come up with to supposedly "solve" the fact that the game is emptier and that so many people complain about that, that fact seems ludicrous to me. We know Nexon, specially those of us who've been around for years. Can we truly believe that everything will be so wonderful and smooth? :/

I have stayed faithful to this game for 14 years of my life. It's the only MMORPG that has ever meant anything to me and where I've been willing to spend my scarce money. I have taken a lot of the crap that has appeared here over the years, and I've even enjoyed some of the things that have changed for the better. But this... This! This is, definitely, the last nail in the coffin, the consummation of an announced death that I refused to accept.

I can't believe that, after all these years, you're gonna finally take away Windia, my world, the only world where I chose to spend my hours and my money, the place that was my internet home for over 14 years. I just... -_-

I also feel frustrated. Windia Yes I Wish We could keep that Name it's better than the choices they gave us only one I really like is Aurora But I still Wish we could keep Windia. For a while it was my main world but I had to leave it because of lag because for a little while Windia became a popular server and at the time I had a bad computer.

Well it is upsetting that so many worlds will be eliminated:(; and after I wrote this word I felt sad. So many memories to say good bye to.

I've been playing almost 14 years probably 13 and a few months. Maplestory being the only online game I love, I'm more of a console player. But load up Maplestory. Probably the main reason I don't have any characters to Lv. 200 yet, I'm getting closer now, was because of my bad computer I use to have. And one particular computer game I started playing in 2014 (didn't get my good computer until 2015), but it's not an online game; after I got my good computer, but at the time I felt burned out; not because of Maplestory but because of how much lag I had always experienced. Heavy Lag=Disconnect for me on that bad computer so I felt less compelled to play as often for a little while. But still during that time I managed to play. After getting the new computer, well Maplestory started changing rapidly. I was often on for Christmas and other events, but felt disoriented; made tons of new characters. Khaini Exploded with characters, Mages and Brawler grew in levels. Recently got 4 characters past 100 one inching closer to 200 now, still not there but still getting closer that one been 100's for a while. Only three worlds have characters over level 70, Khaini, Windia, and Reboot. I still have a few fireworks from that year we got fireworks blew off a lot of them one 4th of July. but still have some one a few characters.

But I work, it use to be college obviously college had a bit more time free. I've been a gamer since middle school got my first console and games. Didn't get into online games until college, didn't really have any computers until high school, yeah I know computers and internet was around before I got them and computers were definitely around before I was born. I have now clue how long internet was around was probably told but already forgot. Oh yeah I forgot I use to have bad internet too; bad internet and bad computer, then good internet and bad computer now I have good internet and good computer.

I don't know why the choose some of those names. Elysium (not sure how to say this name), Scarlet (I feel iffy about a world named Scarlet), Eryl (not sure How to say this name), Capella (eh? really Capella sounds weird to me), Elviana (sounds more like a character name), Arcane (=Arcania). I'd rather Windia be a name instead; Windia has been around forever that's partly why I want to keep it. Khaini is my Main World, I wish they would reconsider a little bit but it's probably final. :( Yeah so the only name I'm really for is Aurora. I wouldn't mind Aurora and Windia. But I'm afraid they probably won't change possible world names now. I still feel it should be three worlds instead of two; they can start saying good bye to people with bad computers now, I see over population in the future now.

I don't mind Populated servers but over populated is well crowded. And hard to level with out kill stealing someone, or being Kill steal from by other people. Although, well I don't know if people are as friendly as they use to be, my main world is Khaini I don't meet many people but those I meet seem petty friendly. I use to party with friendly people; I don't see many parties in any worlds.

I wanted to make the new character but unscheduled maintenance happened before I could get to my computer.
    TachikawaHiyoko
  • TachikawaHiyokoTachikawaHiyoko
    Reactions: 1,290
    edited June 2019

I also feel frustrated. Windia Yes I Wish We could keep that Name it's better than the choices they gave us only one I really like is Aurora But I still Wish we could keep Windia. For a while it was my main world but I had to leave it because of lag because for a little while Windia became a popular server and at the time I had a bad computer.

Well it is upsetting that so many worlds will be eliminated:(; and after I wrote this word I felt sad. So many memories to say good bye to.

I've been playing almost 14 years probably 13 and a few months. Maplestory being the only online game I love, I'm more of a console player. But load up Maplestory. Probably the main reason I don't have any characters to Lv. 200 yet, I'm getting closer now, was because of my bad computer I use to have. And one particular computer game I started playing in 2014 (didn't get my good computer until 2015), but it's not an online game; after I got my good computer, but at the time I felt burned out; not because of Maplestory but because of how much lag I had always experienced. Heavy Lag=Disconnect for me on that bad computer so I felt less compelled to play as often for a little while. But still during that time I managed to play. After getting the new computer, well Maplestory started changing rapidly. I was often on for Christmas and other events, but felt disoriented; made tons of new characters. Khaini Exploded with characters, Mages and Brawler grew in levels. Recently got 4 characters past 100 one inching closer to 200 now, still not there but still getting closer that one been 100's for a while. Only three worlds have characters over level 70, Khaini, Windia, and Reboot. I still have a few fireworks from that year we got fireworks blew off a lot of them one 4th of July. but still have some one a few characters.

But I work, it use to be college obviously college had a bit more time free. I've been a gamer since middle school got my first console and games. Didn't get into online games until college, didn't really have any computers until high school, yeah I know computers and internet was around before I got them and computers were definitely around before I was born. I have now clue how long internet was around was probably told but already forgot. Oh yeah I forgot I use to have bad internet too; bad internet and bad computer, then good internet and bad computer now I have good internet and good computer.

I don't know why the choose some of those names. Elysium (not sure how to say this name), Scarlet (I feel iffy about a world named Scarlet), Eryl (not sure How to say this name), Capella (eh? really Capella sounds weird to me), Elviana (sounds more like a character name), Arcane (=Arcania). I'd rather Windia be a name instead; Windia has been around forever that's partly why I want to keep it. Khaini is my Main World, I wish they would reconsider a little bit but it's probably final. :( Yeah so the only name I'm really for is Aurora. I wouldn't mind Aurora and Windia. But I'm afraid they probably won't change possible world names now. I still feel it should be three worlds instead of two; they can start saying good bye to people with bad computers now, I see over population in the future now.

I don't mind Populated servers but over populated is well crowded. And hard to level with out kill stealing someone, or being Kill steal from by other people. Although, well I don't know if people are as friendly as they use to be, my main world is Khaini I don't meet many people but those I meet seem petty friendly. I use to party with friendly people; I don't see many parties in any worlds.

I wanted to make the new character but unscheduled maintenance happened before I could get to my computer.

Yeah, I don't think there's any chance we can keep the original names. And I hate the idea of having to face again lag and ks'ers and all the crap that you used to have to put up with on overpopulated worlds, specially during events! I was there when Windia was one of the super populated worlds, and there were times when it was impossible to log during 2xexp events or stuff like that, because of lag and of idiots ks'ing or chasing you away from the channel you'd been grinding on for hours... I was glad to see that Windia was becoming less popular over time, because it meant I could actually PLAY and have a good time, instead of fighting against lag, and disrespectful idiots and whatnot. I never could prosper on Reboot precisely because of overpopulation. A game is supposed to be fun and not fights and arguments and ks wars and whatnot, specially considering I'm not super powerful (I'm just a Bishop and not super high level at that) since I don't have too much money to spend on NX (I work as well, but I'm not from the US, so my currency is not US dollars and the currency exchange is horrible, so I can't afford to buy things in dollars too often, in spite of having a job). :/

Also, even if we pretend like the servers can handle suuuuper populated world and whatever, it's the symbol, the concept behind DELETING WORLDS FOREVER and fusing them into one meaningless blob what depresses me. Even after all the huge amount of change that the game has undergone through the years, there was still a semblance of "tradition", of "memories", of "nostalgia", of "coming home" that you could feel every time you logged back in, even after a break or after playing it so many years. You knew you were going back to the same place you chose as your online home so many years ago. :P Now, what will be the point? What's even the point now of training your character of working on the needed mules or whatever, if we don't even know if they'll survive the stupid merge? We don't even know what will actually make it and what not, when this happens...

I know this is already a made decision, that no one's gonna change that, as it happens with so many other things that have happened in this game over the years. Nevertheless, I can't help it but feel that this is really the final move before the game dies entirely, before it stops being what it's always been, at least for me, all these years. -_-U And I'm so, so sad!! T_T

Thank you for your reply and for taking the time to read my post.

Reactions: 735
    edited June 2019
    Capella (eh? really Capella sounds weird to me

Gee I wonder why the name sounds strange to you?
    If you were into astronomy like you're video games Capella wouldn't sound weird.

Capella is the 6th brightest star in the night sky.

Personally I'd love to see GRAZED called Capella would make me feel all warm in squishy inside, however if you're not into Astronomy like many people in MapleStory aren't Capella wouldn't be a remotely close choice of a picked name.

Highly doubt anyone in the game has any idea that Capella is a star.
    Not a University school.

• GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited June 2019
    Hello!
    We have compiled the questions here and have relayed it to our team.
    We will answer them soon!
    Please do continue to ask World Merge-related questions if you have them. :)
    edited June 2019
    2600 wrote: »
    Capella (eh? really Capella sounds weird to me

Gee I wonder why the name sounds strange to you?
    If you were into astronomy like you're video games Capella wouldn't sound weird.

Capella is the 6th brightest star in the night sky.

Personally I'd love to see GRAZED called Capella would make me feel all warm in squishy inside, however if you're not into Astronomy like many people in MapleStory aren't Capella wouldn't be a remotely close choice of a picked name.

Highly doubt anyone in the game has any idea that Capella is a star.
    Not a University school.

Well I don't remember everything from Astronomy class, and I had no idea there was a University School called Capella, still I feel Nova sounds cooler than Capella. Yeah a supernova is an exploding star but still Nova sounds cool. I still think we should keep the name Windia, it was one of my favorites.
    edited June 2019

Yeah, I don't think there's any chance we can keep the original names. And I hate the idea of having to face again lag and ks'ers and all the crap that you used to have to put up with on overpopulated worlds, specially during events! I was there when Windia was one of the super populated worlds, and there were times when it was impossible to log during 2xexp events or stuff like that, because of lag and of idiots ks'ing or chasing you away from the channel you'd been grinding on for hours... I was glad to see that Windia was becoming less popular over time, because it meant I could actually PLAY and have a good time, instead of fighting against lag, and disrespectful idiots and whatnot. I never could prosper on Reboot precisely because of overpopulation. A game is supposed to be fun and not fights and arguments and ks wars and whatnot, specially considering I'm not super powerful (I'm just a Bishop and not super high level at that) since I don't have too much money to spend on NX (I work as well, but I'm not from the US, so my currency is not US dollars and the currency exchange is horrible, so I can't afford to buy things in dollars too often, in spite of having a job). :/

Also, even if we pretend like the servers can handle suuuuper populated world and whatever, it's the symbol, the concept behind DELETING WORLDS FOREVER and fusing them into one meaningless blob what depresses me. Even after all the huge amount of change that the game has undergone through the years, there was still a semblance of "tradition", of "memories", of "nostalgia", of "coming home" that you could feel every time you logged back in, even after a break or after playing it so many years. You knew you were going back to the same place you chose as your online home so many years ago. :P Now, what will be the point? What's even the point now of training your character of working on the needed mules or whatever, if we don't even know if they'll survive the stupid merge? We don't even know what will actually make it and what not, when this happens...

I know this is already a made decision, that no one's gonna change that, as it happens with so many other things that have happened in this game over the years. Nevertheless, I can't help it but feel that this is really the final move before the game dies entirely, before it stops being what it's always been, at least for me, all these years. -_-U And I'm so, so sad!! T_T

Thank you for your reply and for taking the time to read my post.

I too feel sad, I wish Windia and Khaini could stay as is. It is too bad I don't feel the same way for Broa a world I have way too many bad memories of Heavy Lag=Disconnect for me in the past that I gave up on the world almost completely. I only logged in on Broa to see the characters I made and very rarely tried to level them up. If I would have had the money back when we could buy world transfers, I don't know how long ago that was I probably would have moved them all to other servers. But I don't have that kind of monetary luxuries and for the most part I mainly only spent money on Nx, if I had money and no need to spend it on something else or some times during holiday's or around my birthday(usually I'd just ask for Nx cards if I couldn't think of something I wanted). Um well I mainly only spent money on Inventory slots, hairstyles and permanent items after I realize how short non-permanent item last(too short for me).

Although I to wanted to keep the old names, and I wish they wouldn't be so aggressive with the world merge. Limiting the game down to Reboot and only 4 worlds seems too extreme.

I still wonder if they will let us switch characters to the other 2 worlds(Scania and Bera). Khaini my most full world takes up more than half of the 50 character limit. :(

I was happy to find out there are others who have played Maplestory a long time. Although this is probably the worst time in Maplestory history; a time when some of the oldest memories will probably be lost.

I have loved Maplestory from the first day I played it and miss it when I don't play it for a long time.
    TachikawaHiyoko