[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

World Merge FAQ

Comments

• KawaLightningKawaLightning
    Reactions: 365
    edited July 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Well they certainly shouldn't slam the brakes on something that will benefit the game in the long-term because a dozen people might be mildly inconvenienced by it

No they shouldn't slam the brakes but they should help those whose characters equal over the 50 characters limit. At least they could make some kind of program to let people move characters only if they have over 50 characters.... And also that they can't go under 50 for that world. Of course I don't know how easy or hard that is to program but that would seem more reasonable than telling us to give up hope that we are out of luck on this one.

I mean seriously this is practically the only online game I still care to play.
  • TwilightHimeTwilightHime
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited August 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Unless you somehow have more than 50 characters spread across one of the alliance worlds while also having your highest be nowhere near 200, I doubt this is going to affect you as much as you think it is.

And I can tell you right now, if they allow world transfers at any point leading up to, or even shortly after, the planned merges, it will result in the newly-merged worlds being just as dead, if not worse, than the currently non-merged worlds are. It happened in msea. They allowed world transfers in the lead-up to a planned world merge, and now the newly-merged world is as dead as any one of the six or seven worlds that existed in the pre-merge alliance.

If the issue is people have too many characters in worlds that are going to be merged, then simply figure out what to do with all the excess characters. Move them to another world after the merge is complete. Move them to another account the player owns. The number of players out there with over 50 characters spanning across multiple worlds is likely not that big and so should be easier to address their issues.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    They already did figure out what to do with them. They'll still be on the same account, same world, just inaccessible beyond 50. If you delete a character out of your first 50, the 51st one will become available. And for the first six months following the merge, you'll be able to pick and choose which of your characters you want to be in your 50 available.

Consolidate your stuff now instead of complaining about how "they should do something about it", because they're not going to do anything beyond what they've already stated. If you choose to sit there and continue whining instead of making sure you have as much of your stuff on as few characters as possible, then it's on you.

We all know how nexon is. There is no communication between company and players. Sure, they like to post memos or send the community manager out and about every now and then when things get spicy, for lack of a better word, but none of this obscures the reality that they do not communicate with the players to any extent beyond "this is what's going to happen" with zero room for change. Continuing to complain about your characters will be as effective as bashing your face into a brick wall while saying "they should move this brick wall so I don't have to keep bashing my face into it".

Accept reality, act to mitigate the impact to yourself to the best of your ability.
  • DalethDaleth
    Reactions: 1,855
    edited August 2019
    I am 100% for an event that allows people to ***leave*** active worlds such as bera for the new alliance, but not enter them. Worlds like bera will not die, and making sure people don't transfer OUT of the new worlds ensures that they are not dead from day one.

..I miss my friends who left Arcania :c lmao
  • DadevilslayaDadevilslaya
    Reactions: 850
    edited August 2019
    why never scania? It is a dying server...
  • DalethDaleth
    Reactions: 1,855
    edited August 2019
    why never scania? It is a dying server...

I don't think you understand the situation on GRAZED, it's not a dying server, it's a DEAD server. Henesys is empty 95% of the time on cc1 except for meso selling bots, and arcane droplets cost 500m-1,000m. It has been like this since long before the last world transfer -- people moving to bera just dealt the final blow. I am shocked it took them this long to do something about it -- I am not saying it is easy to do, I am just saying that having 6 worlds on your server list be a ghost town is not good for business.
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited August 2019
    I don't like the name for the world I will be forced into (´Д`*) rip Demethos
    Also, I'm super anxious about this merge cause I don't want to lose any of my progress and since Legion will be reset I just can't stop thinking what if they reset my achievements/crusader codex/profession/monsters collected/familiars and other stuff @ᆺ@ at least I don't have to delete my characters but it must be so bad for those with 50+

will they change something or remove it without telling us? please don't!
    pommepouffe
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    Yakudle wrote: »
    Also, I'm super anxious about this merge cause I don't want to lose any of my progress and since Legion will be reset I just can't stop thinking what if they reset my achievements/crusader codex/profession/monsters collected/familiars and other stuff @ᆺ@ at least I don't have to delete my characters but it must be so bad for those with 50+

This along with this thread would be great to have answered.

Waiting on you, @Ghiblee, as seems to be the norm when there's a nexon-led FAQ thread about something major...
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited August 2019
    Are we getting Hekaton and a fixed Arkarium this World Merge as well? uwu
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited August 2019

the name its done from votes it is what it is .... :(
    by region reset its the board setup and all that things
    we are most like going to get like EMS->GMS merge where they had all chars from both worlds added in to one

and they cant say data will be safe... should be safe and simple... but its GMS we know how things goes
    i will say just take SS of all things few days/day before merge and hope for less fails by nexonto go thro compesations

the "best" part will be the chaos after merge with 20ch....

we decided that the additional resources used to maintain these additional channels could be reallocated to better serve the entire game.
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Are we getting Hekaton and a fixed Arkarium this World Merge as well? uwu
    hektakon its done its almost like asking if mw30 will drop from pb

• FreundFreund
    Reactions: 955
    edited August 2019
    How will players who have excess purchased character slots and Storage slots get refunded?

Character Slot Expansion Coupon: Since the default number of free slots is 8, if the number of character slots that a player has is more than 50 (including 8 free slots), this player will get refunded in Maple Points for the exceeded amount.
    Storage Slot Expansion Coupon: Since the default number of free slots is 8, if the number of Storage slots that a player has is more than 128 (including 8 free slots), this player will get refunded in Maple Points for the exceeded amount.

What about those who had their character slots from events and class special character slots ? Do we get refunded or it's included to the world default 8 character slots ? Same with Strorage slots that weren't purchased either ?

When exceeding the max number of Cash Inventory items, items exceeding a certain amount will be hidden; hidden items will be displayed when a player withdraws the existing items.

Is it our character cash shop inventory or the REAL cash shop inventory cause both use the same wording ? Although I didn't think it was limited, I thought i believed it was unlimited ?
  • ChroniusNightmareChroniusNightmare
    Reactions: 1,975
    edited August 2019
    I have 19 characters out of 40 slots unlocked in Mardia, 4 characters out of 14 in Yellonde, 4 characters out of 12 in Chaos, 6 characters out of 12 in Kradia, and 8 characters out of 17 slots unlocked in Windia. I understand I will have my 41 characters, but how many unlocked slots will I have in Aurora?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    Freund wrote: »
    Is it our character cash shop inventory or the REAL cash shop inventory cause both use the same wording ? Although I didn't think it was limited, I thought i believed it was unlimited ?

Cash shop inventory. That's the only one there'd be worry over exceeding a limit in, as it's account-wide in a given world. The cash tab of your inventory, on the other hand, is a per-character basis.
    Freund
  • pommepouffepommepouffe
    Reactions: 1,660
    edited August 2019

I feel the same way about losing my progress for the various content in the game. And I'm one of the players who already had to delete some 50+ characters in preparation for the world merge, which was a little heartbreaking and also a small monetary loss as I'd used Cash on some of them previously.

Really hoping Ghiblee/Nexon can answer the "small chance that some quest progression may not be completely transferred" line. Even though they updated the World Merge announcement post earlier today, we still don't have a better explanation on what may happen and what steps are possible to mitigate this outcome. In an ideal world, they'd be actively working towards not having that be an outcome at all...
    What will happen to things that are shared across characters on a world, such as shared storage, Cash Shop, Monster Collection, and link skills?
    This part of the post still does not contain details about Monster Collection specifically.

Other notes:

Game information that is updated regularly will be reset.
    Meso Donation King rankings will be re-calculated into Top 5 rankings based on the merged world.
    The Character display order will be reset.
    Link Skill information will be reset.
    Due to the complexity of account-shared quests, there is a small chance that some quest progression may not be completely transferred during the merge.
    This addition to the post only made the original statement more confusing. Earlier in this thread, Ghiblee replied saying:
    Account-shared data, like Monster Collection, will be saved between the existing worlds. However, due to the complexity of the merge for the account-shared data, there is a small chance that the saved data would not be that of the most progressed.
    implying that Monster Collection data has a chance of not saving your most progressed world's data. Although the new World Merge announcement post used a similar line, the text specifically says "quest progression", which Monster Collection shouldn't be part of. It is not a quest; there is a tutorial quest you can accept from Maple Admin, as well as a reward quest from Spiegelmann for collecting 77, but you can start this Collection content automatically without ever accepting either quest. Monster Collection is its own separate content.

That may just be me grasping at straws hoping that my progress won't be lost. However, it doesn't change the fact that we still haven't received a clear response on what will happen if this data is lost for some players. I don't want compensation if this were to happen to me, I'd want to just have my progress back the way it is. If I were to video record how my Collection looks right now, would Nexon be able to restore that data? Or will it just become an unfortunate side effect for some players which we just have to accept and move on from?

It's definitely something that'd kill my interest in the game.
  • KawaLightningKawaLightning
    Reactions: 365
    edited August 2019
    This is some messed up stuff I don't have space to consolidate my items and I don't want to spend a truck load of money to buy NX just to have space. THIS IS SO STUPID!!!!! Hate world Merge already thank you for blowing my money Jerks!

Yeah I'm mad, fight me, practically 13 years and now just hearing over and over there's not help. And definitely no hope thanks a lot.

80 Elysium 60 Aurora In the worlds to be merged and have characters in both Scania and Bera there's no way I can empty a world. Why can't they just increase the character cap instead if they won't help us with too many characters in the worlds being merged. Well this will indefinitely make me hate everything for the next however many month I stay angry assuming I can get over this before the year is over. Worst year ever.

Still angry the took away my slime tree, was a great place to meet people.

On a less angry note I hope Elysium gets a purple Icon so I can feel like I still have a piece of Khaini my main world. Look I'm trying to see a bright side of this dark and depressing event. Very depressing and very anger inducing.
    WONDERGUY
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    On a less angry note I hope Elysium gets a purple Icon so I can feel like I still have a piece of Khaini my main world. Look I'm trying to see a bright side of this dark and depressing event. Very depressing and very anger inducing.

Ignoring the rant above, the icons will likely be the same as KMS Aurora and Elysium.

iuprhzx.jpgvTXp25q.png
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited August 2019
    Questions up until here have been compiled and have been relayed to the team.
    We'll be back with the responses shortly.
    Please do continue to ask your World Merge related questions. :)
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    Ghiblee wrote: »
    Questions up until here have been compiled and have been relayed to the team.
    We'll be back with the responses shortly.
    Please do continue to ask your World Merge related questions. :)

What's the biggest contributor to the delay between questions being asked and answered being given?
    pommepouffe
  • Benjii699Benjii699
    Reactions: 680
    edited August 2019
    What is going to happen when new characters come out and we have max characters because of the merging. Either way seems like we have no choice but to delete characters that we worked hard on in other worlds.. =\

I think in this case a world transfer could be good. Rather than delete characters you'd be able to keep them, albeit in a different world.
  • Benjii699Benjii699
    Reactions: 680
    edited August 2019
    2600 wrote: »
    Well at least GRAZED prices will drop level 200 gear should flood the game soon.
    I gave up on this game due to in-game bulling, very sad community GRAZED is I was the most hated by a lot of the players because I always got their botting accounts ban.

Their was no other good reason to not like me, not like I was ksing anyone I tried to fit in but never was accepted, no point in playing if you're going to be forced to play by yourself because you don't want to be part of a botter group.

Nexon didn't kill MapleStory the community killed the game, overpricing gear new players can't afford to buy keeps new people from being able to play.
    If you're not part of a "clique" then you're not welcome. I have played this game since 2006 a lot of my friends moved on in life but I stayed behind because MapleStory was all I liked to play, after spending Thousands of dollars over the years I found that the game was no longer fun anymore.

What world(s) do you play in? I've been solo since big bang but am looking to play with new ppl