[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Hell Gollux Simple Guide

HolyGiraffeHolyGiraffe
Reactions: 1,460
Member, Private Tester
edited September 2016 in General Chat
I basicly made a video:

But since I do that boss on a daily basis, I can also answer questions, if you have. I can help with strategy, and planning. But I also said in the video, and you have to remember, that it's a boss that requires pure DPS, you have to be able to put out a lot of damage.
Khoan

Comments

• KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited September 2016
    same goes for the lower mode just - I hand or skill?
  • HolyGiraffeHolyGiraffe
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Xerna said:

same goes for the lower mode just - I hand or skill?
    Sorry, I don't get the question. Can you rephrase?
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    edited September 2016
    I mean doesn't he just lose 1 more think he can like if you take out the Abdomen he can't use his 1 hit ko breath?
  • ange1DoIIange1DoII
    Reactions: 1,495
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    thank you :) Hoping to solo on my WA (Though its tricky and i tend to panic in hell mode......)
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    edited September 2016
    Trying to get to the put in reboot where i don't need a partner in reboot to do hardlux.
  • HolyGiraffeHolyGiraffe
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Kerqxon
    Kerqxon said:

I mean doesn't he just lose 1 more think he can like if you take out the Abdomen he can't use his 1 hit ko breath?
    If you kill the abdomen you will face hard mode gollux (instead oh hell). In that case he has less HP, and he will not be able to use the pink breake that OHKO-es you.
    Also, fun fact, if you are a far range attacking class (like luminous, for example) you might want to kill a shoulder instead of the abdomen. If you do that, he will be able to use the pink breathe, but he will not be able to use the hand. So you';ll be able to stand far enough the his breathe not to reach you, and no hand to danger you.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    edited September 2016
    HolyGiraffe

Kerqxon
    Kerqxon said:

If you kill the abdomen you will face hard mode gollux (instead oh hell). In that case he has less HP, and he will not be able to use the pink breake that OHKO-es you.
    Also, fun fact, if you are a far range attacking class (like luminous, for example) you might want to kill a shoulder instead of the abdomen. If you do that, he will be able to use the pink breathe, but he will not be able to use the hand. So you';ll be able to stand far enough the his breathe not to reach you, and no hand to danger you.
    for the hand that doesn't work since the HAND CAN STILL REACH YOU FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MAP!(Playing as Bowmaster isn't easy you know)
  • ElGusanitoElGusanito
    Reactions: 820
    edited September 2016
    Kerqxon
    Kerqxon said:

Try to eat pizza with one hand, pop corn with the other hand and play with ur feet to kill it easier.
    What do u mean? :/
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    edited September 2016
    ElGusanito

Kerqxon
    Kerqxon said:

Try to eat pizza with one hand, pop corn with the other hand and play with ur feet to kill it easier.
    What do u mean? :/
    hahaha trying to change my post eh what a foolish human.
    Read the post and you'll understand
  • KumquatJamKumquatJam
    Reactions: 520
    edited September 2016
    Kerqxon
    Kerqxon said:

Trying to get to the put in reboot where i don't need a partner in reboot to do hardlux.
    Since you are trying to kill hard mode gollux, you would kill the abdomen as a bowmaster.

Killing the abdomen will disable gollux's breath attack that would seduce you. If you are seduced and reach his jaw, you will die instantly.
    Be aware that he has two breath attacks: one that seduces you and one that binds you in place for a few seconds.

You can set up your turret for the jaw if you want, but it is not needed. You would then hurricane from the middle to moving side to side to avoid his breath attacks.

The eyes should be simple enough since you have a turret to attack the bottom mobs. You would just need to watch out for the reverse time bomb(?) that gollux puts on you.

Here is a BM that is killing hell mode gollux if you need a visual reference.