[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

StarForce Booming Rate looks very suspicious

mynemyne
Reactions: 100
in Rants and Raves
Okay.. long story short. I boomed 4 of my gears with 2% 3% rate today. The first one was 18 stars with 3% boom rate in a single try. The second one was 16 stars on 3-4 try, the third one was 15 star on a single try and the last one was 15 stars on a second try.

I'm truly VERY VERY skeptical how Nexon program this random number rate. I know programming and when you do random number, this rate seems extremely suspicious.

To be honest this game is so frustrating.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2019
    myne wrote: »
    I know programming and when you do random number, this rate seems extremely suspicious.

Uh...not really? I've worked with a lot of random number generators, these rates are very possible and likely. Actually in my experience I've had to add specific counter-measures to ensure that the program's "random" data looks random. I once faked a set of data for a class on computer simulations working with arrival times in a drive-thru window, and had to modify all the data I had because the program consistently had the cars arrive within 1 minute of each other, no matter how I tweaked it.
    Then there's the more common issues people have: that computer programs are psuedorandom and the oft-cited Gambler's Fallacy.

Regardless I can't really comment if you don't want to trust the rates you see, as it would imply you wouldn't trust my word on the matter either.