[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Are we going to have cash transfer in Adventure?

EXdestEXdest
Reactions: 1,375
edited June 2019 in General Chat
I don't understand why ppl can't transfer cash items between any classes on their own. All nexon has to do is making some items such as teleport rock untradable.

I have to move all my money to a specific character to avoid this stupid feature.

Comments

• StarryKnightStarryKnight
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited June 2019
    I expect the whole separate cash shop per-class thing is a way to get players to spend more money (such as buying pets). I started playing Maple when there was only the explorer class, not even pirates yet. So all of your characters had access to every cash shop item. Back then though, pet skills only lasted 90 days before you needed to re-purchase the skill, at least now the skills are permanent. With impermanent skills they had different ways of making their money despite all characters having access to the same cash ship. I expect if they did ever change to a per-world cash shop instead of a per-class cash shop, they would do something like going back to impermanent skills in order to offset the revenue they believe they would lose by letting all characters access the same cash shop. I don't know that they would, just seems a move like that would need to benefit the business at large in order for them to consider it, as there's no incentive for them to do that if it stands to lose them money.
  • EXdestEXdest
    edited June 2019
    I expect the whole separate cash shop per-class thing is a way to get players to spend more money (such as buying pets). I started playing Maple when there was only the explorer class, not even pirates yet. So all of your characters had access to every cash shop item. Back then though, pet skills only lasted 90 days before you needed to re-purchase the skill, at least now the skills are permanent. With impermanent skills they had different ways of making their money despite all characters having access to the same cash ship. I expect if they did ever change to a per-world cash shop instead of a per-class cash shop, they would do something like going back to impermanent skills in order to offset the revenue they believe they would lose by letting all characters access the same cash shop. I don't know that they would, just seems a move like that would need to benefit the business at large in order for them to consider it, as there's no incentive for them to do that if it stands to lose them money.

They only sell perm pets once in a while, and that doesn't stop ppl to buy new pets. And I said some items like teleport rock can be restricted in transferring because it feels like a bit cheat. Pets that do have time restriction would fit into that category as well. I am focusing mostly on cash equips and wondering why the game is so inconvinient in the way that you have to actually move mesos into a specific character in order to avoid this issue. Even if you find a high demanding cash item so cheap in auction house, you might lose a chance to buy it during the process of changing character. I had this several times and felt really bad. Cash transfer isn't something that happens very often.
  • StarryKnightStarryKnight
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited June 2019
    Ah, you're on reg server. Sorry, there is no auction house on Reboot, and they never sell perm pets on Reboot either (you can get them, but only as random rewards from boxes and such), but you're right that it doesn't stop people from buying more (cute ones, rare ones, ones for mules so you don't have to move them to cs, etc).

If you've bought the item on the AH, but haven't equipped it, can you not put it into storage and access it from any character? If not, then it seems like the easiest solution for Nexon is to make it so cash shop items, that havent been equipped, can be placed into storage, then you can buy on main when you see a good deal, and simply move it to your mule at your own convenience.
  • EXdestEXdest
    edited June 2019
    If you've bought the item on the AH, but haven't equipped it, can you not put it into storage and access it from any character? If not, then it seems like the easiest solution for Nexon is to make it so cash shop items, that havent been equipped, can be placed into storage, then you can buy on main when you see a good deal, and simply move it to your mule at your own convenience.

You cant. Once a character purchases a cash equip item, that will stay in its inventory. Other characters can't claim it from ah.
  • JezJez
    Reactions: 1,600
    edited June 2019
    EXdest wrote: »
    I don't understand why ppl can't transfer cash items between any classes on their own. All nexon has to do is making some items such as teleport rock untradable.

I have to move all my money to a specific character to avoid this stupid feature.

yeah not being able to share nx with non explorer characters from my main pretty much kills any desire to play any non explorer classes

really a stupid feature to not be able to share between all characters on a world. really dumb content killing aspect