[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Love What you guys did with the new update

GySgtACEGySgtACE
Reactions: 510
edited June 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
The new look for Victoria Island on the World Map, The changes to Major Towns, Npcs...etc. Especially the quest organization for the "Light Bulb". Deep inside me i was like "Thank you!"
Fuhreak

Comments

• MorningAfterSevenMorningAfterSeven
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited June 2019
    But that Loading Page, tho...
    I like almost everything, but not that loading page.
    Fuhreak
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2019
    But that Loading Page, tho...
    I like almost everything, but not that loading page.

The loading page is ultimately pointless. You're still waiting the same length of time to actually get into the game, it just shuffled around where you wait.

There used to be another loading screen, looked like this:
    2xtDMoV.png

Then they got rid of that "to put players at world select faster", but then you still had to wait for it to load. Now they've brought back the loading screen. There is basically no improvement or progress made here, just shifting the wait time to earlier in the process again.
    MorningAfterSeven
  • MorningAfterSevenMorningAfterSeven
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited June 2019
    Uhm, I'm pretty sure loading time has significantly increase (but, ofc, it's only from my point of view).
    Also: now that I've seen the new Vic Island world map... well. lol I'm not a big fan. lol
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    Uhm, I'm pretty sure loading time has significantly increase (but, ofc, it's only from my point of view).
    Also: now that I've seen the new Vic Island world map... well. lol I'm not a big fan. lol

I do think it is slightly longer than before. The time you spent on the server selection screen and character selection has been funneled (mostly) into this new loading screen.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited June 2019
    Mira wrote: »

I do think it is slightly longer than before. The time you spent on the server selection screen and character selection has been funneled (mostly) into this new loading screen.

Which, as I said before, doesn't do anything to reduce the full loading time, but rather shifts around when you have to sit and wait.

Yeah, once you actually get to the server/character select it doesn't take as long. But you're still waiting for an equivalent amount of time on the loading screen itself.
  • MiraMira
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Which, as I said before, doesn't do anything to reduce the full loading time, but rather shifts around when you have to sit and wait.

Yeah, once you actually get to the server/character select it doesn't take as long. But you're still waiting for an equivalent amount of time on the loading screen itself.

The point of my post wasn't to reiterate what you were saying. I do think it's actually a longer wait (albeit slightly) with the new loading screen than it was previously.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited June 2019
    The point of my post wasn't to reiterate what you were saying. I do think it's actually a longer wait (albeit slightly) with the new loading screen than it was previously.

Hard for me to tell, man. The load time on the client has more or less conditioned me to hit play on the launcher and dip for like 10 minutes.
  • MiraMira
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Hard for me to tell, man. The load time on the client has more or less conditioned me to hit play on the launcher and dip for like 10 minutes.

Lol I feel you on that one. My laptop, legit, takes at least 10 minutes from clicking play to actually loading and being in-game. Anytime the laptop crashes is excrutiatingly painful. ='(
  • GySgtACEGySgtACE
    Reactions: 510
    edited June 2019
    hmm i never got a loading screen
  • soupcirclessoupcircles
    Reactions: 400
    edited June 2019
    I think the old Victoria map was better! It was more detailed, and its art style fit with the overall Maple World map. Now, it's much more simplified, and zooming out from Victoria --> Maple World makes it seem like two different worlds given the contrasting art styles. This new simplified style made me feel like the map lost its charm as instead of small details capturing Victoria Island's diverse landscape, it placed some trees and mountains here and there.

The new map no longer captures the diverse landscape of Victoria Island, is my main point!
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    I think the old Victoria map was better! It was more detailed, and its art style fit with the overall Maple World map. Now, it's much more simplified, and zooming out from Victoria --> Maple World makes it seem like two different worlds given the contrasting art styles. This new simplified style made me feel like the map lost its charm as instead of small details capturing Victoria Island's diverse landscape, it placed some trees and mountains here and there.

The new map no longer captures the diverse landscape of Victoria Island, is my main point!

You're comparing new maps to old maps.
    Compare it to the newer maps found in Arcane River, you'll find the style is much more consistent with those maps.
    There could be a few extra details to capture more diversity in the landscape sure, but the overall style actually fits the rest of the (newer) game now.
  • fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited June 2019
    I can't believe people defend this new map honestly.

e733ff0db5.jpg

VS

Victoria_Island_Map.jpg

Oh, and as far as capturing the new style, you'd be right:

DtdeJ4EUUAA6rj7.jpg

Until you realize that's just a transitory filler map, and the actual map has more sensible visuals:

50497a0c42.jpg
    SlicedTime
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited June 2019
    I prefer the new victoria island map to the old. The chief complaint I'm seeing is that it lacks details compared to the old, that it's bland and uninteresting. The key thing I like about the new one is there's far more contrast now between map dots, paths between them and the background than there was before. The map structure is still the same as what it was prior to the change, but it's been cleaned up and, honestly, feels easier to look at and seems to make it much more apparent that there are certain areas(nautilus, elodin, kerning tower, etc) that can be clicked on for an expanded view of just that area.
    Fuhreak
  • fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited June 2019
    I can appreciate more functionality, but not at a loss of this much artistic quality. Maybe they should just remove redundant maps for more space? I mean they already removed what rhymes with Henesys Grunting Founds Sun, and people REALLY liked that map, so I don't think people will be too remiss if they remove more lesser maps (or just consolidate maps, like have all the golem monsters be in one spot).
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    I can appreciate more functionality, but not at a loss of this much artistic quality.
    Art is subjective. As an artist, I think the new map is better. It's simplistic and gets the message across.
    I'd say that the tower on the Limina map needs to be wiped clean of all that ugly greeble.
    Maybe they should just remove redundant maps for more space? I mean they already removed what rhymes with Henesys Grunting Founds Sun, and people REALLY liked that map, so I don't think people will be too remiss if they remove more lesser maps (or just consolidate maps, like have all the golem monsters be in one spot).

I wouldn't mind another overhaul of the maps in general. People really liked the size of the maps near the Magician Association when they were added.
    If we could get more huge maps that were better suited to party play and some redesigns on maps with tiny platforms that are more in the way than helpful...
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited June 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    I can appreciate more functionality, but not at a loss of this much artistic quality.
    Art is subjective. As an artist, I think the new map is better. It's simplistic and gets the message across.
    I'd say that the tower on the Limina map needs to be wiped clean of all that ugly greeble.
    Maybe they should just remove redundant maps for more space? I mean they already removed what rhymes with Henesys Grunting Founds Sun, and people REALLY liked that map, so I don't think people will be too remiss if they remove more lesser maps (or just consolidate maps, like have all the golem monsters be in one spot).

I wouldn't mind another overhaul of the maps in general. People really liked the size of the maps near the Magician Association when they were added.
    If we could get more huge maps that were better suited to party play and some redesigns on maps with tiny platforms that are more in the way than helpful...

Out of all world maps in the game, as well as those maps from moonbridge and on, limina is the biggest mess of dots and dashed lines there is.