[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Blaster's Hyper Skill "Cannon Overdrive" is bugged

JuckingJucking
Reactions: 1,230
edited July 2019 in Bug Reporting

Issue has been determined as working as intended

Bug type: Skill

Brief bug summary:

Blaster's hyper skill Cannon Overdrive is currently incorrectly applying the highlighted damage.

More details:

The skill description states that it "increases damage for skills that use Ammo by 50%" however in game, bullet based skills that consume ammo are only being increased by 5~10%

The following links below are of Battle Statistics:

Revolving Cannon without Cannon Overdrive

Revolving Cannon with Cannon Overdrive

The ammo-based skill is getting increased, however, it's only being increased by 8.03%

Rocket Punch without Cannon Overdrive

Rocket Punch with Cannon Overdrive

Again, only an increase of roughly 5% can be seen.

These results can be better viewed in this table.

Please Note:

RC = Revolving Cannon
RP = Rocket Punch
Hyper = Cannon Overdrive

This clearly states the increase to damage that Cannon Overdrive is applying to Revolving Cannon and Rocket Punch.

Now Cannon Overdrive specifically states a 50% increase in damage to these skills. A flat 1.5x increase in damage with the buff active. Expected results were to be the following numbers.

To confirm this, I've found Battle Statistics of a Blaster in the Korean version of Maplestory.

Revolving Cannon without Cannon Overdrive

Revolving Cannon with Cannon Overdrive

Rocket Punch without Cannon Overdrive

Rocket Punch with Cannon Overdrive

Compiled together into a table.

It's clear in the Korean version of Maplestory that Cannon Overdrive is increasing the damage specific to what the description of the skill states, by 50%. I hypothesize that in Global Maplestory that Cannon Overdrive is actually adding +50% damage, which is added to Boss Damage % and Damage %, resulting in a much much smaller overall increase.

I hope this is enough information regarding this bug in order to get it fixed.

Steps to reproduce:

Step 1: Use Revolving Cannon or Rocket Punch on a target with 0% damage and 0% boss damage

Step 2: Record damage with battle statistics.

Step 3: Review the damage dealt with Revolving Cannon or Rocket Punch.

Step 4: Repeat steps 1-3 but this time, use the hyper skill "Cannon Overdrive"

Step 5: Repeat steps 1-5 but with more %damage and boss damage

Step 6: Compare results. Cannon Overdrive should reflect a 50% damage increase for Rocket Punch and Revolving Cannon.

Character name: Jucking

Character level: 253

Character job: Blaster

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: Anytime after patch v205 came out.

hyaca

Comments

• JuckingJucking
    edited June 2019
    A blaster from TMS has provided me with Battle Statistics showing Revolving Cannon gaining 50% damage from Cannon Overdrive. TMS hasn't received the Adventurer Update yet so these BAs only include Cannon Overdrive affecting Revolving Cannon.

Revolving Cannon w/o Cannon Overdrive

Revolving Cannon w/ Cannon Overdrive

Formated into Table
  • JuckingJucking
    edited June 2019
    Can confirm this bug still persists after the 6/20 minor patch.
  • JuckingJucking
    edited July 2019
    New information:

I've gone ahead and created a blaster on reg servers to confirm my hypothesis that Cannon Overdrive was coded as +50% damage instead of 50% final damage.

Here are the results

Even from a single test, the max damage in this battle analysis shows Cannon Overdrive amplifying bullet based attacks by 50% damage. This confirms my hypothesis that Cannon Overdrive has been coded as +%damage instead of +%final damage for bullet based skills.

• JuckingJucking
    edited July 2019
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/51425/scheduled-minor-patch-july-11-2019

No mention of the bug in the upcoming maintenance, hoping its a hidden fix and will report back.
  • JuckingJucking
    edited July 2019
    Welp I am sad.

https://maplestory.nexon.com/News/Update/543
    블래스터가 맥시마이즈 캐논사용 후 불릿을 사용하는 스킬의 데미지가 아닌 최종 데미지가 증가하는 오류가 수정됩니다.

Fixed an error where Blaster's Cannon Overdrive was increasing Final Damage instead of %Damage.

According to these patch notes, Cannon Overdrive was ACTUALLY bugged and caused to grant final damage instead of %damage.......GMS received this change before any other region (sans KMS) and I had stumbled upon pre-bug fix KMS BAs.

So with a heavy heart, Blasters are not bugged and Cannon Overdrive is working as intended.

:(