[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Blaster's Hyper Skill "Cannon Overdrive" is bugged

JuckingJucking
Reactions: 1,050
edited July 10 in Bug Reporting

Issue has been determined as working as intended

Bug type: Skill

Brief bug summary:

Blaster's hyper skill Cannon Overdrive is currently incorrectly applying the highlighted damage.

More details:

The skill description states that it "increases damage for skills that use Ammo by 50%" however in game, bullet based skills that consume ammo are only being increased by 5~10%

The following links below are of Battle Statistics:

Revolving Cannon without Cannon Overdrive

Revolving Cannon with Cannon Overdrive

The ammo-based skill is getting increased, however, it's only being increased by 8.03%

Rocket Punch without Cannon Overdrive

Rocket Punch with Cannon Overdrive

Again, only an increase of roughly 5% can be seen.

These results can be better viewed in this table.

Please Note:

RC = Revolving Cannon
RP = Rocket Punch
Hyper = Cannon Overdrive

This clearly states the increase to damage that Cannon Overdrive is applying to Revolving Cannon and Rocket Punch.

Now Cannon Overdrive specifically states a 50% increase in damage to these skills. A flat 1.5x increase in damage with the buff active. Expected results were to be the following numbers.

To confirm this, I've found Battle Statistics of a Blaster in the Korean version of Maplestory.

Revolving Cannon without Cannon Overdrive

Revolving Cannon with Cannon Overdrive

Rocket Punch without Cannon Overdrive

Rocket Punch with Cannon Overdrive

Compiled together into a table.

It's clear in the Korean version of Maplestory that Cannon Overdrive is increasing the damage specific to what the description of the skill states, by 50%. I hypothesize that in Global Maplestory that Cannon Overdrive is actually adding +50% damage, which is added to Boss Damage % and Damage %, resulting in a much much smaller overall increase.

I hope this is enough information regarding this bug in order to get it fixed.

Steps to reproduce:

Step 1: Use Revolving Cannon or Rocket Punch on a target with 0% damage and 0% boss damage

Step 2: Record damage with battle statistics.

Step 3: Review the damage dealt with Revolving Cannon or Rocket Punch.

Step 4: Repeat steps 1-3 but this time, use the hyper skill "Cannon Overdrive"

Step 5: Repeat steps 1-5 but with more %damage and boss damage

Step 6: Compare results. Cannon Overdrive should reflect a 50% damage increase for Rocket Punch and Revolving Cannon.

Character name: Jucking

Character level: 253

Character job: Blaster

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: Anytime after patch v205 came out.

hyaca

Comments

• JuckingJucking
    edited June 17
    A blaster from TMS has provided me with Battle Statistics showing Revolving Cannon gaining 50% damage from Cannon Overdrive. TMS hasn't received the Adventurer Update yet so these BAs only include Cannon Overdrive affecting Revolving Cannon.

Revolving Cannon w/o Cannon Overdrive

Revolving Cannon w/ Cannon Overdrive

Formated into Table
  • JuckingJucking
    edited June 21
    Can confirm this bug still persists after the 6/20 minor patch.
  • JuckingJucking
    edited July 2
    New information:

I've gone ahead and created a blaster on reg servers to confirm my hypothesis that Cannon Overdrive was coded as +50% damage instead of 50% final damage.

Here are the results

Even from a single test, the max damage in this battle analysis shows Cannon Overdrive amplifying bullet based attacks by 50% damage. This confirms my hypothesis that Cannon Overdrive has been coded as +%damage instead of +%final damage for bullet based skills.

• JuckingJucking
    edited July 9
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/51425/scheduled-minor-patch-july-11-2019

No mention of the bug in the upcoming maintenance, hoping its a hidden fix and will report back.
  • JuckingJucking
    edited July 10
    Welp I am sad.

https://maplestory.nexon.com/News/Update/543
    블래스터가 맥시마이즈 캐논사용 후 불릿을 사용하는 스킬의 데미지가 아닌 최종 데미지가 증가하는 오류가 수정됩니다.

Fixed an error where Blaster's Cannon Overdrive was increasing Final Damage instead of %Damage.

According to these patch notes, Cannon Overdrive was ACTUALLY bugged and caused to grant final damage instead of %damage.......GMS received this change before any other region (sans KMS) and I had stumbled upon pre-bug fix KMS BAs.

So with a heavy heart, Blasters are not bugged and Cannon Overdrive is working as intended.

:(