[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game won't launch after clicking 'play'..

MidnightMarauderMidnightMarauder
Reactions: 610
edited July 2019 in Rants and Raves
I've never had any issues with this before, but when I click the play button in the Nexon launcher, the anticheat menu pops up on the bottom right corner of my screen, and then nothing. The play button goes gray for a bit, saying that I'm in-game.. but once the anticheat disappears, it returns to blue as if I'd never clicked play to begin with. I've tried disabling my antivirus, all of my drivers are up to date, I even tried repairing my install through the launcher. Any tips? Can we still direct launch from the game's file location like in the past?
нσяιƶεη

Comments

• нσяιƶεηнσяιƶεη
    Reactions: 655
    edited July 2019
    This sounds similar to something that’s happened to me. I went into task manager and saw that there were 10+ Nexon Launchers running (duplicates) and so I ended all of them. When I reopened the Launcher and clicked ‘Play’, MapleStory worked as intended. I don’t know if this will apply to you or not but it doesn’t hurt to try it out?

PS: there’s also cases where the flipside happens too, where the Launcher is fine but the MapleStory program isn’t. It happens when the MapleStory program is running but doesn’t actually do anything- in which case it’s the same procedure. End the MapleStory program and then run it again, usually fixes the problem.
    MidnightMarauder