[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Known Issues after reset 7/30/19 PDT

Comments

• CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited August 2019
    Okay so how about the Secure Your Account verification code thing? The launcher keeps telling me that "This appears to be a new browser, device, or location. A verification code has been sent to your email. Please enter the code to verify you identity" Well some of my old accounts no longer have email addresses. Hotmail likes to delete old emails that sit idle for more than 2 years. I can't remake them because part of the address after the @ is no longer in use and is locked. How can I ever access my old accounts again?
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited August 2019
    Okay so I verified one account that I had the email for and then the next time I went to go on it there was that notice again!!! Will I have to verify every time?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    Okay so how about the Secure Your Account verification code thing? The launcher keeps telling me that "This appears to be a new browser, device, or location. A verification code has been sent to your email. Please enter the code to verify you identity" Well some of my old accounts no longer have email addresses. Hotmail likes to delete old emails that sit idle for more than 2 years. I can't remake them because part of the address after the @ is no longer in use and is locked. How can I ever access my old accounts again?

When you verify it (by entering the emailed code), there's a little checkbox for "remember this device". If you don't check it, you'll get the request for a code again next time you log in.

As for the accounts you no longer have the email for, you'll need to contact Customer Support to change their emails to something you can access.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited August 2019
    yeah they ask for drivers licence and other ways to prove that i'm the owner of the accounts. well that is not possible because they were mule accounts and I used fake info back in the day to make them. I have access to the log in information but it would seem that is no longer enough to play this game. I'm only having this issue because my computer fried and I had to get a different one. This email verification thing is junk. I have been logging in from the same area of the country for years there is no need to verify my accounts. I'm sorry I don't have fake identity info from over 10 years ago. Thank god the accounts I can no longer access are all low level junk by the current standards.