[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Item - Palette shield

ProximaProxima
Reactions: 935
edited August 2019 in General Chat
Hi guys,

I'm looking and asking around to see if anyone knows if the palette shield is still available. I've spoken to 2 GM, one of which says the item still exists but isn't sure if its obtainable and the other just told me that he can't tell me anything about the item because it would stop the "fun" of hunting for it.

I play on the EU reboot server - I highly doubt that its an item I can get but I thought I'd ask if anyone knows anything about it. Or even better, a GM to confirm that it is available as a drop.

Thanks for any help with this

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    I poked around google a bit, what I found is that it used to be a gachapon item back when different towns had different items in their gachapon machines. This item in particular came from the mushroom shrine gachapon.

You will, unfortunately, not be able to find it on reboot. I don't know what that second guy's deal was, he should've just come out and tell you it's unobtainable instead of being a snarky ass.
    xparasite9
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    I don't know what that second guy's deal was, he should've just come out and tell you it's unobtainable instead of being a snarky ass.

It's the standard GM response to game questions they don't know the answer to.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    I don't know what that second guy's deal was, he should've just come out and tell you it's unobtainable instead of being a snarky ass.

It's the standard GM response to game questions they don't know the answer to.

Nothing says "fun" like "hunting for" an item that's already nigh-impossible to get on regular servers and essentially does not exist on reboot, much less EU reboot. I would have more respect for these support mooks if they could just come right out and say "I'm sorry, but I don't know".
  • wthNoIDwthNoID
    Reactions: 970
    edited August 2019
    pretty sure you cant get it.... on any reboot server...
    and odds are you wont find it in most newer servers unless someone transferred it

one thos was removed from were you could get it/event only unique items
    kinda like the lv123 weapons from teapot gach event
  • CasuaCasua
    Reactions: 600
    edited November 2020
    Was looking into info on this, as I only have an anviled version of the palette. Better than nothing I guess.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited November 2020
    Proxima wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm looking and asking around to see if anyone knows if the palette shield is still available. I've spoken to 2 GM, one of which says the item still exists but isn't sure if its obtainable and the other just told me that he can't tell me anything about the item because it would stop the "fun" of hunting for it.

I play on the EU reboot server - I highly doubt that its an item I can get but I thought I'd ask if anyone knows anything about it. Or even better, a GM to confirm that it is available as a drop.

Thanks for any help with this

As a veteran mapler myself "not on lucsean level but coming close" I can tell u that I don't think its in-game no more those type of items are drops and not eas to find i doubt Nexon kept that drop in the recent coding or whatever they use to patch and upgrade game.

Oh, shoot if it's not in-game how do I find it? That's an easy answer the only way to find it is to ask a veteran mapler who been around since pre-big bang someone whos been around the people and been a collector.

That someone is me Riza Saika!!!!! Am I'm trolling? no, I can tell u without a doubt I do have one and can give u a free anvil if u in bera server the only way to find it is by people who give anvil service and I do that myself while I do give anvil for kaiser items such as the liberated kaiserium "big flex" and other legendary items.

Some answers gm's won't know cause they only human, but if you ask a legend you get a legendary answer ;)

Also I post my shield as well while im typing on phone

heres my sources

MapleStory-BasilMarket-Screen-137852.jpg

from auction in bera currently

EcOp273.png

a legends inventory

wHRCG8G.png

From my quick research its prob still dropable but here's more sources

https://bbb.hidden-street.net/eq/shield/palette

http://www.basilmarket.com/Palette-shield--Screen-bbm1w
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2020
    riza wrote: »
    Proxima wrote: »
    I play on the EU reboot server

I do have one and can give u a free anvil if u in bera server

Some answers gm's won't know cause they only human, but if you ask a legend you get a legendary answer ;)

Ah yes, attention to detail, the hallmark of a legend.
    Also, you're responding to a thread that's over a year old.
This discussion has been closed.