[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

nexon, what? wHAT ARE THESE ROYALS?

lyelyelyelye
Reactions: 510
edited August 2019 in Rants and Raves
nexon
nexon
nexon
WHAT ARE YOU DOING BABY. WHAT IS THIS?
fa000b25bc.png
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. THIS ISN'T IT.

why do you insist on giving these ugly faces? some of the royal hairs aren't even good either.
for the love of GOD, if you're going to not even put effort into fixing bugs then put effort into actually making the NX things you sell WORTH BUYING PLEAAAAAAAASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

before you update the royals again AND cash shop, PLEASE, make it so that i don't look like a tore up bum walking around killing mobs just cause you decide to throw in these ugly faces.

im cracking down on you AND your laziness, AND YOUR LACK OF EFFORT TOWARDS THE GAME, PERIOD.

Dienstag

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    If the rotation is garbage, don't buy any royals until the rotation changes. It's as simple as that. You're sitting here acting like you're MANDATED to buy royals every time there's a new rotation.

If the current rotation is hot garbage, SKIP THE DAMN THING. I'm not defending shitty rotations, but you're making a public spectacle of yourself over something that you can simply not make use of if it isn't to your standards.
    darikKuronekonova
  • StarryKnightStarryKnight
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited August 2019
    While I agree that there are times where the royal face and or hair coupons seem to be sub par, the irony is that odd faces and hair can be quite sought after, some people rather enjoy looking silly, or even unsettling. Aggraphine is right, if you don't appreciate these particular faces, simply disregard them.

Now, that said, It's possible that this move is intentional. Keep in mind that the adventurer rewards will include a free royal hair and face coupon. It seems, imho, that Nexon always has a couple rounds of royals with a n unusually high quantity of less desirable faces or hairstyles when they have an event that gives out free beauty coupons. While its a crummy move from a player perspective, its a smart move from a business perspective, as it ultimately incentivizes the purchase of additional NX.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    While I agree that there are times where the royal face and or hair coupons seem to be sub par, the irony is that odd faces and hair can be quite sought after, some people rather enjoy looking silly, or even unsettling. Aggraphine is right, if you don't appreciate these particular faces, simply disregard them.

Now, that said, It's possible that this move is intentional. Keep in mind that the adventurer rewards will include a free royal hair and face coupon. It seems, imho, that Nexon always has a couple rounds of royals with a n unusually high quantity of less desirable faces or hairstyles when they have an event that gives out free beauty coupons. While its a crummy move from a player perspective, its a smart move from a business perspective, as it ultimately incentivizes the purchase of additional NX.

Or people start catching on and stretch them out as long as possible to get them in a good rotation, otherwise simply ignoring the coupons when given for free.

But hey, that's still not as bad as that two instances I'm aware of where a VIP hairstyle made it into the royal rotation.