[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Exp Gain Bug

LycanthropodLycanthropod
Reactions: 785
edited September 2016 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Functional

Brief bug summary:
I killed Empress Cygnus today and I didn't gain as much EXP as it showed I gained in the bottom right corner. I am not sure if there is an experience gain cap from a single monster, or if this is somehow caused by something I've done on the run.

EXP before the kill:

EXP that it shows I gained:
(1,880,880,000 Total)

EXP after the kill:

It's exactly 1.2b exp gained from the kill, however that's 680,880,000 EXP short of the EXP it said I gained in the bottom right.

I had several exp buffs on along with the server 2x event:
Gold Monster Park Extreme Potion
2x Exp Buff Coupon
Rune
Exp Bonus from killing it while Soul Splitted

Character name:
Shadows

Character level:

Character job:
Shade/Eunwol

World name:
Broa/Khaini

Comments

• SkyTheDestroyerSkyTheDestroyer
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited September 2016
    I also have had this issue. I was getting hype because I had my EXP multipliers stacked high, then...disappointed.

Though from what I remember, it didn't even give me any EXP. Maybe they changed it this patch to cap out instead of ignoring all the EXP gained?

Which doesn't seem right either way. There should be no cap / ignoring of the EXP.

Character name: SkyTheBM
    Character level: 223
    Character job: Bowmaster
    World name: Bellocan
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited September 2016
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention.