[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Game improvement.

RoffaboySRoffaboyS
Reactions: 305
Posts: 2
Member
edited September 6 in Rants and Raves
Hi this is RoffaboySNL [Reboot N/A] I have numerous suggestions I think every mapler would like.

First: Can the gender lock be removed from all items because people want to anvil stuff like for example Blue Sauna Rob. This is 2019 make it happen!

Second: Bring back pottable badges. It doesn't have to be from the Ghost ship think of a new badge. I know exclusive items exist but a badge isn't exclusive as a genesis weapon?!

Third: Put Frenzy totem in gachapon forever. I'm sure people will buy your gachapon tickets.

Fourth: Put all the Arcane symbols in all current PQ's as rewards. Because everyone knows MS has a lot of death content. Make it a 2 or 3 times entrance you decide what is good.

Fifth: Permanent second pendant slot at least in Reboot. Everyone can buy that slot 30 days or not.

Last but not least. What are you guys doing there at NexonHQ. You promised to bring back CWKPQ but it's been 3 years now.

I know you guys put up with Korea because you just implement stuff. But seriously listen to what people really would like to see in the game. Stand up for yourself Nexon NA.
GenkaiX1
  1. You want these things in game or not?11 votes
    1. Agree?
       64% (7 votes)
    2. Disagree?
       36% (4 votes)

Comments

  • RoffaboySRoffaboyS
    Reactions: 305
    Posts: 2
    Member
    edited September 6
    [duplicate]
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 3,675
    Posts: 488
    Member
    edited September 6
    Can't vote "Agree" or "Disagree" on the poll because there are parts I agree and disagree with. In any case I'll respond to your points as is:
    RoffaboyS wrote: »
    Hi this is RoffaboySNL [Reboot N/A] I have numerous suggestions I think every mapler would like.

    First: Can the gender lock be removed from all items because people want to anvil stuff like for example Blue Sauna Rob. This is 2019 make it happen!
    Honestly, this is a non-issue, and saying "it's the current year" isn't a good reason to bother with this.

    Second: Bring back pottable badges. It doesn't have to be from the Ghost ship think of a new badge. I know exclusive items exist but a badge isn't exclusive as a genesis weapon?!
    As nice as it would be, they aren't coming back unless KoreaMS makes them the norm. If they wanted to keep pottable badges, they wouldn't have removed Singapore in the first place.

    Third: Put Frenzy totem in gachapon forever. I'm sure people will buy your gachapon tickets.
    They want to limit its availability, proven by how they removed them from the latest Marvel and Philo Book cycles.

    Fourth: Put all the Arcane symbols in all current PQ's as rewards. Because everyone knows MS has a lot of death content. Make it a 2 or 3 times entrance you decide what is good.
    Would be nice to see PQs become relevant again in some manner. Maybe the symbols could even be added to the PQ Point shop.

    Fifth: Permanent second pendant slot at least in Reboot. Everyone can buy that slot 30 days or not.
    Not too much of an issue since the Reward Point shop has the 30 day slot each month, truthfully.

    Last but not least. What are you guys doing there at NexonHQ. You promised to bring back CWKPQ but it's been 3 years now.
    #laterthisyear. In all seriousness, apparently their priorities shifted in recent years. I still stand by the fact that Nexon shouldn't have promised to return "later this year" back in 2019.

    I know you guys put up with Korea because you just implement stuff. But seriously listen to what people really would like to see in the game. Stand up for yourself Nexon NA.
    Nexon NA doesn't have free reign to do whatever they please, especially since Nexon NA doesn't make enough revenue for Nexon Korea to give a hoot. It's not about "Standing up for themselves". This kind of environment is present with franchised restaurants/stores, in that they can't just make whatever they please; they have to abide by the rules of the parent company. They may take liberties here and there, but they have to proceed with caution if doing so.

    Dnaman101HuskyDM
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 4,465
    Posts: 895
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 6
    RoffaboyS wrote: »
    Hi this is RoffaboySNL [Reboot N/A] I have numerous suggestions I think every mapler would like.
    First: Can the gender lock be removed from all items because people want to anvil stuff like for example Blue Sauna Rob. This is 2019 make it happen!
    Stop making it political. "The current year" shouldn't matter.
    Second: Bring back pottable badges. It doesn't have to be from the Ghost ship think of a new badge. I know exclusive items exist but a badge isn't exclusive as a genesis weapon?!
    This is just me and my unpopular opinion, but I'm glad it's gone. It was broken as hell.
    Can't wait for the rest of the trash to be "removed" by Nexon giving players who already completed it a huge advantage.
    Wait... that second part is trash too.
    Third: Put Frenzy totem in gachapon forever. I'm sure people will buy your gachapon tickets.
    See above.
    Fourth: Put all the Arcane symbols in all current PQ's as rewards. Because everyone knows MS has a lot of death content. Make it a 2 or 3 times entrance you decide what is good.
    A very good idea. As PirateIzzy said, inclue them in the point shop.
    Fifth: Permanent second pendant slot at least in Reboot. Everyone can buy that slot 30 days or not.
    This is a non issue for reboot. You can buy them and use them multiple times in a row. My pendant slot goes out the rest of this year for example.
    Last but not least. What are you guys doing there at NexonHQ. You promised to bring back CWKPQ but it's been 3 years now.
    Nexon being Nexon.
    I know you guys put up with Korea because you just implement stuff. But seriously listen to what people really would like to see in the game. Stand up for yourself Nexon NA.
    Personally I like the direction they're going, I want to see more KMS conversion therapy, but at least tell players what the end-goal for GMS is.

  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 1,800
    Posts: 303
    Member
    edited September 7
    I agree in bringing back potable badges, making frenzy and fury totems more accesible, removing the gender lock cuz its stupid, its a game and everyone should be able to dress however they like to,plus it will mean more buys so nexon could make more money.
    I dont think perma 2nd pend slot is that necessary, in reboot is like 15m for 30 days, if anything it should be necessary for normal servers than can only get 1 from reward shop.
    I agree that something ahould be done with symbols,either share the ARCANE FORCE account wide or let u freely trade arcane symbols between ur characters both in reboot and non reboot without needing to spend real money or any penalty .
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 14,400
    Posts: 2,752
    Member
    edited September 7
    I do agree that someone needs to be done regarding the symbol grind, but I don't think sharing it server-wide is the best option. It'd be like sharing starforce server-wide, and that just sounds silly. What I'd like to see, if it were possible, is for the progression-based daily quest reductions to be applied server-wide. If you get to morass on one character, all characters on that server only have to do one vanishing journey quest to get the full eight-symbol reward, one run of hungry muto for the full reward, and so forth.

    I feel it's a decent compromise, since we all know full well they'll never change it so arcane force is server-wide. You'd still have to work at it, but the amount of work for a newly-5th-job character would be drastically reduced and, I feel, reduce the hesitance for most people to switch mains.
    Fuhreak
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 2,640
    Posts: 321
    Member
    edited September 7
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    I do agree that someone needs to be done regarding the symbol grind, but I don't think sharing it server-wide is the best option. It'd be like sharing starforce server-wide, and that just sounds silly. What I'd like to see, if it were possible, is for the progression-based daily quest reductions to be applied server-wide. If you get to morass on one character, all characters on that server only have to do one vanishing journey quest to get the full eight-symbol reward, one run of hungry muto for the full reward, and so forth.

    I feel it's a decent compromise, since we all know full well they'll never change it so arcane force is server-wide. You'd still have to work at it, but the amount of work for a newly-5th-job character would be drastically reduced and, I feel, reduce the hesitance for most people to switch mains.

    That still won't make me (and many others im guessing) restart a character. Even doing a single daily is enough to repel me away from ever maining another character.

    AF sharing is the final solution to the dailies question.
    darik
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 14,400
    Posts: 2,752
    Member
    edited September 7
    It's not happening, simple as that. They wouldn't have added the arcane catalyst item if they had any plans to simply make it server-wide. Next best thing is to come to a middle ground, and that's either what I said before about sharing the quest reduction server-wide, or changing catalysts so they don't nuke 20% of a symbol's exp upon transfer.

    You also have to remember that you and many others do not encompass or speak for the rest of the player base. What you and the many others absolutely refuse to accept might sound reasonable to others.
    Fuhreak
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 1,965
    Posts: 195
    Member
    edited September 7
    Ghost ship badge should return maybe in event for hallow... oh nexon doesn't have those anymore right? oh well
    I agree with an extra permanent pendant slot tbh buying it every 30 days is sort of pay to win and ill be always against that but meh what can one person do
    genderless items was already suggested i think
    totem is nothing but a way nexon does business a skill taken away from kanna just to sell it later

    I wonder if instead of making suggestions here why not post them on korean maple web/forum or something more direct to who actually does most of the job for the game cause this branch of the brand isn't really going to even read the suggestions and if they do is very unlikely anything will be implemented
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 14,400
    Posts: 2,752
    Member
    edited September 7
    Yakudle wrote: »
    I wonder if instead of making suggestions here why not post them on korean maple web/forum or something more direct to who actually does most of the job for the game cause this branch of the brand isn't really going to even read the suggestions and if they do is very unlikely anything will be implemented

    Because a lot of these suggestions will not affect kms in any way. What's the use of going to another service's forum to ask for them to implement things their own players will never get? They don't have frenzy totems or kanna and, to my knowledge, they've never had pottable badges.
    Fuhreak
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 4,465
    Posts: 895
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 7
    Yakudle wrote: »
    I wonder if instead of making suggestions here why not post them on korean maple web/forum or something more direct to who actually does most of the job for the game cause this branch of the brand isn't really going to even read the suggestions and if they do is very unlikely anything will be implemented

    Based on the way the memos go and other various things being addressed in patches, it's clear that Nexon does actually read the forums as well.
    Given how slow the forums are, I would guess that Nexon reads every single thread (maybe even every post) in one manner or another.

    However just because a vocal group expresses opinion on something doesn't mean that it's what everyone wants.
    Nor do it mean that Nexon has to abide by it. There's a lot of stuff that goes on behind closed doors at any company.
    We can only guess how much stuff is discarded due to various reasons.
    darik
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 5,305
    Posts: 694
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 7
    It doesn't matter what we want. We'll get what Korea determines that we want.
    GenkaiX1
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 2,640
    Posts: 321
    Member
    edited September 7
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    It's not happening, simple as that. They wouldn't have added the arcane catalyst item if they had any plans to simply make it server-wide. Next best thing is to come to a middle ground, and that's either what I said before about sharing the quest reduction server-wide, or changing catalysts so they don't nuke 20% of a symbol's exp upon transfer.

    You also have to remember that you and many others do not encompass or speak for the rest of the player base. What you and the many others absolutely refuse to accept might sound reasonable to others.

    I didn't speak for them, I'm just guessing that most of us do NOT want to restart leveling AF regardless of whether we're getting AF sharing or not. Like you said, it's not happening for us, simple as that.
    darikpepeGenkaiX1
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 4,465
    Posts: 895
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 7
    ShadEight wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    It's not happening, simple as that. They wouldn't have added the arcane catalyst item if they had any plans to simply make it server-wide. Next best thing is to come to a middle ground, and that's either what I said before about sharing the quest reduction server-wide, or changing catalysts so they don't nuke 20% of a symbol's exp upon transfer.

    You also have to remember that you and many others do not encompass or speak for the rest of the player base. What you and the many others absolutely refuse to accept might sound reasonable to others.

    I didn't speak for them, I'm just guessing that most of us do NOT want to restart leveling AF regardless of whether we're getting AF sharing or not. Like you said, it's not happening for us, simple as that.

    I don't agree with AF share, but it certainly should be easier to grind out future symbols after you've already maxed them on one character.
    At the very least we have the AF hyper so early 5th job doesn't feel as awful.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 1,800
    Posts: 303
    Member
    edited September 8
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    I do agree that someone needs to be done regarding the symbol grind, but I don't think sharing it server-wide is the best option. It'd be like sharing starforce server-wide, and that just sounds silly. What I'd like to see, if it were possible, is for the progression-based daily quest reductions to be applied server-wide. If you get to morass on one character, all characters on that server only have to do one vanishing journey quest to get the full eight-symbol reward, one run of hungry muto for the full reward, and so forth.

    I feel it's a decent compromise, since we all know full well they'll never change it so arcane force is server-wide. You'd still have to work at it, but the amount of work for a newly-5th-job character would be drastically reduced and, I feel, reduce the hesitance for most people to switch mains.

    U say u need to work for it, but if u have high lvs of AF u have already worked for it for months on that character,so y do u need to restart all over from 0 and thtow all that effort to the bin? Makes no sense to me.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 14,400
    Posts: 2,752
    Member
    edited September 8
    darik wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    I do agree that someone needs to be done regarding the symbol grind, but I don't think sharing it server-wide is the best option. It'd be like sharing starforce server-wide, and that just sounds silly. What I'd like to see, if it were possible, is for the progression-based daily quest reductions to be applied server-wide. If you get to morass on one character, all characters on that server only have to do one vanishing journey quest to get the full eight-symbol reward, one run of hungry muto for the full reward, and so forth.

    I feel it's a decent compromise, since we all know full well they'll never change it so arcane force is server-wide. You'd still have to work at it, but the amount of work for a newly-5th-job character would be drastically reduced and, I feel, reduce the hesitance for most people to switch mains.

    U say u need to work for it, but if u have high lvs of AF u have already worked for it for months on that character,so y do u need to restart all over from 0 and thtow all that effort to the bin? Makes no sense to me.

    Did you miss the bolded part? I think you missed the bolded part. The all-or-nothing attitude a lot of people have is going to get them a whole lot of nothing. You look at a suggested 80% reduction in the amount of work needed for a new character starting out and you say "no that's no good, that isn't acceptable" because of the 20% that remains.

    I'm at 230, do you know how much I have to do in arcane river at that point? One vanishing journey area quest, one erda spectrum run, a single run of hungry muto, one dream defender run, two runs of spirit savior and three morass area quests. I'm literally in and out of vanishing journey entirely in about 5-8 minutes, depending on what the single quest requires(kill or collect) and where it sends me(lake of oblivion vs cave of repose). I don't do hungry muto because, for some reason, my frame rate tanks in there. Dream defender takes literally less than a minute and I'm gone in three(gotta go back down to grab my pity-symbol coins from the npcs by the tower). I don't do spirit savior because, plainly, I don't feel like learning how. Morass takes, currently, the longest, at about 10 or 15 minutes depending on identical factors to vanishing journey. All told, dailies take me maybe 30-40 minutes absolute maximum.

    If a server-wide reduction in dailies based on the progression of your main is still too daunting a task for you, then why are you even playing an mmo?

    Also, server-wide arcane force would fly in the face of the intent of reboot.

    On reboot, you're meant to build every character from the ground up with little, if any, help from other characters. That's why you can't put equipment into your storage, so you can't farm cra or lotus/damien for weeks on end to shuttle cra/absolab gear to all your other characters and skirt the work. To get to 200, finish the 5th job advancement and immediately have an extra 6k+ stat, 150% damage given/0% damage taken for literally the next three-dozen levels and no need of any work but grinding does not mesh with how reboot was set up to function. This is also why the arcane catalyst is not available in reboot.

    So really, two choices present themselves: you take a compromise or you get nothing and continue complaining for it.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 2,640
    Posts: 321
    Member
    edited September 8
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    The all-or-nothing attitude a lot of people have is going to get them a whole lot of nothing

    And I suppose your compromising 'in the name of balance' attitude is going to get us anywhere meaningful? Give me a break, what we need are solutions not bandaid fixes that amount to basically nothing.
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    So really, two choices present themselves
    Says you, you dont work for nexon so your solution is as plausible as mine.
    darikGenkaiX1
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 14,400
    Posts: 2,752
    Member
    edited September 8
    Yes, compromising for "balance"(which isn't relevant to this discussion) will net far more results than the "no dailies or no deal" stance you seem to be taking.

    Your "solution" as you keep calling it is nothing more than "I did all this work once, I should get to reap the benefits across all my characters". That's not a solution at all, that's just a lazy person demanding rewards for doing something once. Why not share equipment across an entire server? After all, if you go through the effort of getting an arcane weapon once, you should be able to have an arcane weapon on all your characters, right? And why not share inners too? It takes so long clicking away at the reset button, if you get a legendary inner on one character, every other character should get to have a legendary inner right from creation too. Hell, why not share starforce across all characters too? If you have a 22-star gollux belt on one character, every other character gets a 22-star gollux belt too!
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 4,465
    Posts: 895
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 8
    ShadEight wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    The all-or-nothing attitude a lot of people have is going to get them a whole lot of nothing

    And I suppose your compromising 'in the name of balance' attitude is going to get us anywhere meaningful? Give me a break, what we need are solutions not bandaid fixes that amount to basically nothing.

    This "bandaid solution" as you call it would be an amazing addition to the game.
    I'm sorry but Aggraphine is right, why on earth are you so dead set on all or nothing?
    Reducing the requirements for new characters down to 1 quest compared to the starting 5 is an 80% reduction.
    How does that amount to basically nothing? Because you have to do basically nothing now?
    I think you fail to understand that not all players want to skip the daily grind required for new characters.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 14,400
    Posts: 2,752
    Member
    edited September 8
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    ShadEight wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    The all-or-nothing attitude a lot of people have is going to get them a whole lot of nothing

    And I suppose your compromising 'in the name of balance' attitude is going to get us anywhere meaningful? Give me a break, what we need are solutions not bandaid fixes that amount to basically nothing.

    This "bandaid solution" as you call it would be an amazing addition to the game.
    I'm sorry but Aggraphine is right, why on earth are you so dead set on all or nothing?
    Reducing the requirements for new characters down to 1 quest compared to the starting 5 is an 80% reduction.
    How does that amount to basically nothing? Because you have to do basically nothing now?
    I think you fail to understand that not all players want to skip the daily grind required for new characters.

    It's not even really that. I mean yeah, most of us would love to just not have to grind out symbols and crap on new characters, but nexon has made it abundantly clear at several points that they have no intention of drastically increasing the speed of progression. With that in mind, you understand that "shared af across an entire server" is not even remotely close to "on the table". Knowing this, other solutions are required. Solutions that the wants of the players as well as what nexon is willing to do.

    Also, I'll willingly concede the point that I don't know the total percentage reduction of all areas combined once you hit 235(assuming that 235 is the final reduction and none are given at 240 or above), but for the sake of a character who just hit vanishing journey, it's a solid 80% reduction.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 2,640
    Posts: 321
    Member
    edited September 8
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Your "solution" as you keep calling it is nothing more than "I did all this work once, I should get to reap the benefits across all my characters".

    And your solution is 'more dailies'. Wow very grand I must say, I'm sure everyone will be thrilled by this non-starter.
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    That's not a solution at all, that's just a lazy person demanding rewards for doing something once.

    Look at yourself speak, you sound like a nagging mom trying to do 'whats right'. These dailies are simply mindless time gates. You're basically locked into a single class for the rest of this games existence. We're not asking for handouts, we're asking for common sense reform.
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Why not share equipment across an entire server? After all, if you go through the effort of getting an arcane weapon once, you should be able to have an arcane weapon on all your characters, right? And why not share inners too? It takes so long clicking away at the reset button, if you get a legendary inner on one character, every other character should get to have a legendary inner right from creation too. Hell, why not share starforce across all characters too? If you have a 22-star gollux belt on one character, every other character gets a 22-star gollux belt too!

    Oh this silly argument again, I just knew you'd bring it back (thought you'd come up with something more original this time). Again, AF is hidden behind static dailies and is a hard requirement for certain maps and bosses, weapons and others etc are not. Saying AF is similar to weapons and IA is a stretch and you know it, no one is asking for us to freely share weapons and other stats. Further, we already have the legion and link system, which gives us tons of stats throughout our characters. So the argument that we shouldn't get 'free stuff because we're lazy' is a moot point by now. AF should function a similar way to legion, 6-10k free stat is pretty much nothing on a new character these days but it should be well deserved after a year long endeavor.