[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What up with the coin collection skill?

Penguinz0Penguinz0
Reactions: 3,220
edited October 2019 in General Chat
I collect the drops needed for the skills, and when it's charged, I can't use the skill immediately. I press down on the skill key and rows of "can't use skill cause i'm short on nature fragment" appear and about solid 6-7 seconds later, skill goes off. What is this bs?
darik

Comments

• Dnaman101Dnaman101
    Reactions: 2,025
    edited October 2019
    Penguinz0 wrote: »
    I collect the drops needed for the skills, and when it's charged, I can't use the skill immediately. I press down on the skill key and rows of "can't use skill cause i'm short on nature fragment" appear and about solid 6-7 seconds later, skill goes off. What is this bs?

Right-click it to turn it off and again to turn it back on...i had the same problem until i did that
    YinYangX
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited October 2019
    Tbh im not bothering with this event, takes ages to get max coins and if u dont hit the mobs it doesnt count plus it hard to see when is fully charged and can cast the skill and the rewards arent that appealing, and with such low spawn rate and not having a 2nd pc to kish myself its a freaking pain to get max daily coins, and not always can i find a friend that can kish me or time to get max coins without kishin
  • TwilightHimeTwilightHime
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited October 2019
    I just accept that's how the skill works. At least it works I guess.
    But I also just do the picture quest and the sound quest to get 130 coins and move on.
  • AndromedyAndromedy
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited October 2019
    I must say the rewards from this event are pretty...just....!? A chair for collectors I guess. Mount for collectors too? Other than that it's just free nodestones really. I've also had the same issue where it says "Skill is now ready" but it wont work until I collect 3-4 more flowers lol.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Free symbols. With a background style cape it's not hard to tell when the skill is ready.
    It's a between seasons events so it's going to be a bit... suck.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    With a background style cape it's not hard to tell when the skill is ready.

I think the issue that the op is talking about is that there's a delay between when the chat box says the skill is ready and when the "background style cape" changes for the last time + skill can be used.
    Fuhreak
  • ChupChupChupChup
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2019
    I agree. It's not very clear when the skill is ready. I didn't even notice the 'skill is ready'. As soon as I think 'WOAH the aura thingy looks damn big now' I hit the skill key and it works. Didn't have issues with the delay though.

The thing I'm personally confused about is how the points add up... When you hover over the skill, it says: '... then press the skill key when glimmering light surrounds your character to deal damage to enemies and obtain 300 story of pebble and wind points. You'll also earn 15 story of pebble and wind points for each monster you defeat using the skill'. I'm pretty sure I did it right... I even had the 300 points added in the lower right bar... But as soon as I did it again, a lot of my points were suddenly gone? Suddenly I had about 140 points... Instead of the 300 points. I did it A LOT of times again and right now I'm still at 168 points... They add up with only 3 - 4 points every single time...

Not sure if I understood incorrectly, did something wrong, or whether something's just not right?
    Someone else have the same issue? Or am I thinking about this totally wrong?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    100 points is one coin.
    The long bar counts the points to the next coin, and the round yellow coin-shape with the number in it counts complete coins.

Fuhreak