[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

A Bard Class??? But....no...

SpoonyBardSpoonyBard
Reactions: 330
edited October 2019 in General Chat
So I always wanted a bard class in this game, I even thought they might make the third archer slot in the Explorers a bard, but it wasn't to be... I have waited and waited until I saw the bard announce songs for the fall and I became hopeful only to have my hopes dashed again... oh well.
darikHuskyDMGlirotus

Comments

• darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited October 2019
    SpoonyBard wrote: »
    So I always wanted a bard class in this game, I even thought they might make the third archer slot in the Explorers a bard, but it wasn't to be... I have waited and waited until I saw the bard announce songs for the fall and I became hopeful only to have my hopes dashed again... oh well.
    Maybe a mage?so that the music is like magic and skills are music themed? That sounds interesting

• HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited October 2019
    Could be a weird mix between a Mage and an Archer, or a Mage and a Warrior given the usual depictions of Bards. Heck it could be a support Archer whose weapon is actually an harp, and that way get a unique class that fits the archer archetype.
    I still don't understand why archer became a thing. Archers are warriors, separating warriors and archers doesn't work out because Archer is so specific only so much can be done with arrows
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited October 2019
    I still have some very basic concept art for bard skills... my idea was a Nova Bard, archer class using a Bowharp or just Harp. I've even got a polished version of my character art I wanna do...
  • SpoonyBardSpoonyBard
    Reactions: 330
    edited October 2019
    All of those sound like neat ideas, I posted an idea for a bard many many moons ago but I think the forum has changed since then and the thread is resting in peace. lol
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited October 2019
    I did a little creative writing for a Nova bard character and class design and backstory just for fun.
    Not holding my breath it will ever see the light of day, but was still fun letting imagination run wild a bit.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited October 2019
    scholar624 wrote: »
    I did a little creative writing for a Nova bard character and class design and backstory just for fun.
    Not holding my breath it will ever see the light of day, but was still fun letting imagination run wild a bit.

Heh, we should work together, with my concept art and your story, no way we can lose...right?
    scholar624