[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Viewing characters

PatriotAlmightyPatriotAlmighty
Reactions: 100
in General Chat
Haven't played in a few years, I think maybe five or seven, and really wanted to see my old characters.
Is there a way to view them on the site? I can't really install the game rn, I remember there used to be a way.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    You can try to look them up on the Rankings.
    However, if you did not play between January 2013 and November 2015, and didn't have a level 200 character, then your character names were changed to a random string of digits in a name-clearing event.
  • PatriotAlmightyPatriotAlmighty
    edited October 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    You can try to look them up on the Rankings.
    However, if you did not play between January 2013 and November 2015, and didn't have a level 200 character, then your character names were changed to a random string of digits in a name-clearing event.

Hmm, interesting.
    I may have logged I then, though I can't recall any names atm.
    This doesn't actually answer my question however, on whether or not it's possible to view characters through the website, or in any way without downloading, installing and logging into the game.
    Is there a way?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2019
    Hmm, interesting.
    I may have logged I then, though I can't recall any names atm.
    This doesn't actually answer my question however, on whether or not it's possible to view characters through the website, or in any way without downloading, installing and logging into the game.
    Is there a way?

The rankings are visible on the website, and do not require you to install the game or be logged in.

http://maplestory.nexon.net/rankings/overall-ranking/legendary

But unless you know their names, it would be extraordinarily difficult to track them down.
    edited October 2019
    There used to be a system on the website that let you view all the characters. I'm going to assume, based on your responses, that it no longer exists.
    Thank you.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    There used to be a system on the website that let you view all the characters. I'm going to assume, based on your responses, that it no longer exists.
    Thank you.

Think you might be referring to how old forum profiles could be linked or something with your characters or something, iirc. And yes (iiarc), think that was removed with the forum overall haul.
    edited October 2019
    Hmm, after having installed the game, it looks like all of my characters were deleted. Can't find them neither in Scania or in the Reboot thing, not in NA or in Europe.
    Does that make sense?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Hmm, after having installed the game, it looks like all of my characters were deleted. Can't find them neither in Scania or in the Reboot thing, not in NA or in Europe.
    Does that make sense?

Did you used to play EMS (Europe Maplestory) or GMS?
    EMS accounts that did not sign the online forms for migration to GMS, lost their characters.

Other than that, Nexon does not delete characters. You might be on the wrong account (be aware that using Steam, Gmail, or Facebook login might put you in a different account than actually typing in the same email address), or looking in the wrong world (check all the NA worlds).
    Good luck.
    edited October 2019
    Used to play Scania on GMS

Weird, since I just reset my password, I didn't create a new account or anything. I just log in through the 'nexon account' thing.
  • HarleyHarley
    I know exactly what you’re talking about. I used to view all my characters through the website and I’ve been trying for an hour to find it. I hope all my perm in any NX gear and multiple lvl 200’s are not gone from 15 years ago.