[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

End of a long nostalgia trip

SpairahSpairah
Reactions: 400
edited October 2019 in General Chat
Originally I wanted to write a long story about my past pre-bb experiences in maple story, but I did that on other topic and this would be long enough. In 2016, I was bored and decided to start up Maplestory again after 7 years, I did not expect myself to be making a real effort towards this game, and named myself 'whaddaef', not realizing that dumb name would stay with me forever (not spending 15$). I got to 200, quit, came back a few months later, hit 206, quit repeat 6 different times until June of 2019, where I came back at level 240 because fury totems were released. By then I've been playing reboot on and off for nearly 3 years. It was then that I also wanted to go "endgame" and made a Byebye Kanna, named 'ByeByelol", a name fitting for the farming I would be doing on that character, and what is to come. The character was made during the 2019 burning event in July, and with that Kanna I managed to farm nearly 175 billion within 3 months. My main, an Evan, also hit 253, though I only farmed 94 droplets by then, still with the relatively stupid name. With the 5/10/15 event coming up, I wanted to farm up more mesos, I had several items that needed to be upgraded. I started feeling like a day not spent farming at least 2 billion was not a successful day in-game. I spent all my mesos on the late September starforce event, and by october 30th, I accumulated nearly 40 billion.

On the night of October 30 (though technically 6 hours after the reset) I went and did what I did every day, die at aliens to continue farming. Except this time it went too fast and I triggered the dreaded autoban (30-days) and assuming it was suiciding too quickly. At first I felt nothing, like it hasn't kicked in, I quickly made a ticket then felt sick for an hour, I did not expect this to happen to me, I've seen other people claim innocence but always assumed guilt (more on that is on my reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/dp2t13/i_thought_a_lot_of_people_who_were_banned_were/ ). The ticket got denied, appealed, and got denied, and to add insult to injury, they stated that the ban was now permanant (though in-game it still states 30 days, maybe not updated). It was then I realized, I started to get addicted once again, in a similar fashion I had 12 years ago, I thought I was a regular player who could stop at any time, but being physically sick for an hour after being banned and in shock made me realize that.

Of course people would mimic my mentality a month ago, that I must have been hacking, but I posted some evidence on reddit and could post more if requested. However, the most insulting thing is that it hasn't even been a week since I won the community contest, took a week from feeling happy that I won, to being both confused, and somewhat angry at how dismissive and/or ignorant the customer service was (and yes, I've read the horror stories about it). Information about the ban itself is on the reddit post, I do not know if the actually went through and upped the ban to a permanent one, I do not care, I've been with this game on and off since 2005, but I think that is enough, the way I could lose everything, and be utterly helpless is something I do not wish to experience in a game, life has some of that.

Tl;dr, got false banned, ending ties with a game thats been in my mind for 14 years.

luna02nidhddVWONDERGUY

Comments

• luna02luna02
    Reactions: 1,255
    edited November 2019
    nothing you complained about is new. been happening for years and years in the game whit others players whit this cases of ban false
    WONDERGUY
  • nidhddVnidhddV
    Reactions: 370
    edited November 2019

Gm will only copy the pasted reply and then warn you to finally close your appeal channel. My number, I just want to know which role I was, when and where I did the ban, and then closed me to the appeal channel.
    WONDERGUY
  • nidhddVnidhddV
    Reactions: 370
    edited November 2019

I sometimes think that GM is a robot at work. Because they will only reply to your words repeatedly, they will not deal with the problem.
    WONDERGUY