[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unable to change eyes as a Zero

FoiledFoiled
Reactions: 500
edited November 2019 in Bug Reporting
Bug Type:
Cosmetic

Brief bug summary:
Beta (female ver of Zeros) are unable to change eyes to other saved eyes.

Steps to reproduce:
-Be a zero
-Have different eyes saved for Beta
-try changing eyes

Comments

• InarinInarin
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2019
    Bug type: Cash item/Functionality

Bug description: After acquiring the royal face coupon from the ongoing event, I tried redeeming it at the plastic surgeon in henesys. At the final step of the process however, instead of consuming the coupon and changing the face style, the coupon remained in my inventory and no change happened. Progress for the face change achievement and charm experience however, did go up for some reason. Tried both at henesys plastic surgery and through quick move, but neither worked.

7913b3acad09c851dde858c496031df2.png

More details: It seems the issue is just not being able to change faces at all, as switching between saved faces does not work either.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    Someone on the official Discord also said it didn't work for them - and then said "nvm I spammed it and it worked."
    So can you try going to the plastic surgery and spamming "interact" for a bit, see if that helps?
  • InarinInarin
    edited November 2019
    After trying some other things, I think the issue isn't the royal coupon itself, but merely a consequence of a different issue.
    It seems I'm unable to change my face at all, even switching between saved faces does not seem to work.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2019
    That's a royal face coupon, right? Doesn't look like one in your inventory, which is odd. As well, royal face coupons are used through the "nurse pretty" npc, not plastic boy.
  • InarinInarin
    edited November 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    That's a royal face coupon, right? Doesn't look like one in your inventory, which is odd. As well, royal face coupons are used through the "nurse pretty" npc, not plastic boy.
    Yes, it is a royal face coupon, it might look different since it's the one from the toben event?
    As for it showing plastic roy, that's just the character sprite that was shown to me when I used quick move/nurse pretty. Interestingly enough they do mention they're supposedly nurse pretty
    cc6431f7f5760c89c3762c71f5cedb7a.png

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    Inarin wrote: »
    After trying some other things, I think the issue isn't the royal coupon itself, but merely a consequence of a different issue.
    It seems I'm unable to change my face at all, even switching between saved faces does not seem to work.

Try doing a full shutdown of your computer (https://www.howtogeek.com/129021/how-to-do-a-full-shutdown-in-windows-8-without-disabling-hybrid-boot/ works for Windows 8, 8.1, and 10), and then Repair your Maplestory using the Nexon Launcher or Steam.
    If changing hair still doesn't work after that, please contact Customer Support at http://support-maplestory.nexon.net so they can check your account or character specifically.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2019
    Inarin wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Yes, it is a royal face coupon, it might look different since it's the one from the toben event?
    As for it showing plastic roy, that's just the character sprite that was shown to me when I used quick move/nurse pretty. Interestingly enough they do mention they're supposedly nurse pretty
    cc6431f7f5760c89c3762c71f5cedb7a.png

Yeah the coupon it gave me looked like a standard royal face coupon, just with a one-day timer on it.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    Thank you for reporting this, it has been forwarded.
  • DRaggerDRagger
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2019
    My Beta for Zero Class is also having the issue. I did indeed use the Royal Face coupon from Toben and It doesn't seem to affect the Alpha character. I didn't bother to post anything until now because I thought the issue was just me and it would go away after not playing for a day or two lol.