[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Crossovers?

NekoTunaNekoTuna
Reactions: 310
in General Chat
With the recent new Maplestory M crossover x Re:Zero, I wanted to talk about some anime to recommend crossovers with! There have been recent Kill La Kill & One Punch Man crossovers with some mobile games, as well as My Hero Academia and Samurai Champloo . I would definitely love to see a new Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba), or an updated SAO/GGO crossover even Attack On Titan with Maplestory! What do you guys think? Do you have any other crossovers? I wonder if there are any crossovers planned for the future. It's been a while since we last had one on PC.
Luxx

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2019
    SAO and AoT already happened, so I doubt they'll do another, even with all the new plot/seasons/etc.

I semi feel like OPM doesn't fit well for a MS crossover (personal opinion). Kimetsu no Yaiba on the other had feels like it would fit, but think crossovers are mainly taken care of/decided by Japan Maplestory, iirc.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2019
    Licensing agreements are a big part of this as well. If the license holder doesn't want to have their IP used in this game, then that's the end of the road more or less.
    Fuhreak
  • NekoTunaNekoTuna
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Licensing agreements are a big part of this as well. If the license holder doesn't want to have their IP used in this game, then that's the end of the road more or less.

I'm not saying they will do it without any license or permission, but i was hoping they would indulge into finding more potential IP's to share within the maplestory community. Some benefits i see from this would most likely be that fans of the anime may want to start playing!! I just hope that this post will encourage maple to look into more crossover possibilities and reach out to make them happen! Or atleast attempt to.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2019
    The suggestions subforum would be a better place to post this imo.
    It's highly unlikely Nexon NA has any real pull with this, or any major reason to attempt to get license deals like this.
    This one is probably best left to the Japanese team. I honestly always found the anime crossovers to be weird.
    I personally don't think they fit the style of the game. Though if I were to suggest any, the ones about being trapped inside an MMO would work best.

IE: SAO (Already done) Overlord, Log Horizon, No Game No Life (Close enough), etc.
  • KaPQChKaPQCh
    Reactions: 100
    I would very much love to see Maplestory PC have a crossover with My Hero Academia. Many of my friends are obsessed with that anime, and they have slowly started to play Maple.