[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Glory coin shop thoughts?

Penguinz0Penguinz0
Reactions: 3,220
edited December 2019 in General Chat
I honestly can't be the only one who thinks the Glory coin shop items are absolutely pathetic. 50% epic pot scrolls are limited within the world with no restock and mysterious nodestone box with 5 per world/week limitation are just lame @ss buzzkill that pours cold water on what could've been a very hot winter event. People will spend a lot of time playing the game and collect coins for epic pot even if it feels like success chance is 30% and for mysterious nodestone box even if it gives only 2 nodestones 90% of the times. I just don't understand why they would put such lame limitation on these items, which would've made a lot of legit players grind for coins. Not only that, let's look at mitra's cube and flame boxes. So they give out 7 meister cubes and 7 flames each week. That's very cool. Then they kill this very cool new coin shop items with "only works on untradable equipment" limitation smh. Most people rotate equipment between mule characters to flame with legion coin and to cube it with character that has untradable cubes in cs inventor, and then equip it when it meets their satisfaction. So most equipment that people want to enhance are going to be tradable until equipped, therefore making this mitra boxes completely useless. I was already kinda disappointed when this event came out to be pretty much copy and pasted version of last Tenebris event with different story line, but I was still happy that awesome coin shop from tenebris event was coming back (which had nodestone box limitation per character). But they pour cold water and put these stupid limitations on coin shop items. What are your thoughts?
darik

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2019
    The last three tabs are fine enough. About what I'd expect from these events.
    But the first three tabs aren't restocking why? They've been that way for previous events.
    I find it weird that we didn't get the "X Per week" restocking nodes/symbols/flames/etc.
    The Tenebris Ring being available again is nice, but that doesn't do much for the character that already has it.

The only items that restock are the Hyper Rock, Power Elixirs, Polo/Frito Ticket and Infinite Revitalizer. (As far as reboot is concerned.)
    I don't know that anyone actually cares about those items and would waste coins on them.
    Extremely lack luster early tabs. Later tabs seemed gimped for normal servers, but still decent enough.
    It does feel like there isn't going to be enough to spend coins on though.
    darik
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited December 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    The last three tabs are fine enough. About what I'd expect from these events.
    But the first three tabs aren't restocking why? They've been that way for previous events.
    I find it weird that we didn't get the "X Per week" restocking nodes/symbols/flames/etc.
    The Tenebris Ring being available again is nice, but that doesn't do much for the character that already has it.

Yeah it didn't restock from previous events as well, but they were available to each characters, not limited number within world. If they're going to strictly limit the stock this way, they at least should've added restock feature.
    And no. We do get restock of nodestone box each week. It's just not written on the game text cause dev were to lazy to write it, but it's on the patch note. Even so, the number of purchasable nodestone box is, just like epic pot scroll, limited within a world, which again is such a bs
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2019
    Penguinz0 wrote: »
    Yeah it didn't restock from previous events as well, but they were available to each characters, not limited number within world. If they're going to strictly limit the stock this way, they at least should've added restock feature.
    And no. We do get restock of nodestone box each week. It's just not written on the game text cause dev were to lazy to write it, but it's on the patch note. Even so, the number of purchasable nodestone box is, just like epic pot scroll, limited within a world, which again is such a bs

Thanks for that tidbit. In that case I'm mostly fine with the shop. A bit lack luster in some areas, but for the most part I'm happy with it.

• darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited December 2019
    I like the nx clothes im getting all those no matter what,chairs also look nice and the cube box is fine for me since im in reboot but i understand that in normal servers it isnt, also the exp node is super nice .
    Id have liked to have more symbols resto ked weekly like others said alrdy