[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Bring Back Happyville

SausageMuffinSausageMuffin
Reactions: 835
Please bring back Happyville. I've played during many Christmas events and I alongside many other players that I've spoken with can agree that Happyville is one the best holiday events in MapleStory. It had a great ambiance and Christmas feel to it. The music was great and the map was beautiful. The events were also really fun. Fighting the giant snowman, decorating the giant Christmas tree, collecting ice pieces to trade for chairs, transformation potions, etc. Now all we get for Christmas is baking and decorating a cake. While the new events aren't terrible, they just can't seem to replace what we once had. The old event really brought people together as well. Transforming other players into random monsters, fighting the giant snowman together, and hanging out around Santa in the map under the chimney. It was really a great event. Please bring Happyville back for the holiday events.
darik

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2019
    lNRlW5b.png

Source

People cry about wanting these types of events to come back, then complain that it doesn't give anything worthwhile because the reward list hasn't been updated in the past decade or so. At this point, most people are so caught up in their grind and in the rat race for damage that if something doesn't give, at minimum, nodes and symbols, they won't even bother with it. Even fewer will bother with it if there aren't cubes and flames on top of that.
  • fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited December 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    lNRlW5b.png

Source

People cry about wanting these types of events to come back, then complain that it doesn't give anything worthwhile because the reward list hasn't been updated in the past decade or so. At this point, most people are so caught up in their grind and in the rat race for damage that if something doesn't give, at minimum, nodes and symbols, they won't even bother with it. Even fewer will bother with it if there aren't cubes and flames on top of that.

I know, why not bring them back with updated reward lists
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2019
    Or just leave them out. We don't need six events running every [insert holiday] just because people want to see the same old crap every year.
    FuhreakYinYangX
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2019
    I'd rather Nexon try out new events than just keep shoveling the same old stuff over and over again.
    If they want to do a throwback to it (not just an updated reward list) I'd rather see that than a copy/paste of previous years.
    YinYangX
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    I'd rather Nexon try out new events than just keep shoveling the same old stuff over and over again.
    If they want to do a throwback to it (not just an updated reward list) I'd rather see that than a copy/paste of previous years.

Not sure how I feel about a "throwback" event. Didn't they do something like that where they did a "throwback" on Old School Maplestory or something for like an anniversary event or something? I just remember it wasn't anything like the hype people made it for and I was a bit disappointed.