[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Battle Mage Suggestions

SausageMuffinSausageMuffin
Reactions: 835
edited January 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
There are a couple things that could be improved about battle mages.

Firstly, a slight annoyance is that every time I enter a map that only allows teleport skills, such as the glory hall, or Ardentmill, the toggle skill "Condemnation" is toggled off. This is quite annoying especially if I go to the glory hall to complete elite missions and either forget to toggle it back on or just have to toggle it back on each and every time. If a skill is a toggle skill, it should perform like a toggle skill and stay on until toggled back off. Other jobs that have toggle skills such as Aran's Body Pressure or Drain remain toggled on even when they enter a teleport only map. Please extend this to Battle Mage's Condemnation.

Secondly, the delay in monster death from Aura Scythe. While I'm not 100% sure, Aura Scythe has a long hit animation and it takes awhile for the hit to fully register and for the monster to die. This leads to slower killing especially with frenzy and fury etc.

Thirdly, and I see this as Battle Mages' biggest weakness, is their disgustingly small attack range/reach. Battle Mage's primary attacking skill is Finishing Blow and it requires the player to be fairy close to the mob to hit it, not to mention the non-existent upward, downward, or backward hitbox on this skill. You have to be facing the monster and very close to hit them. Yes, we do have Aura Scythe and summons that enhance all of this but those are all backed by cool downs. Even Warriors, who are supposed to be the classes that are "in your face" and up close have skills that have larger hit boxes. I just think that a revamp to Battle Mages skills' hitboxes would be nice. Maybe extend the hit boxes of Battle Mages skills to have an upward and downward hit box.

Another minor issue that I see is the absence of Final Damage. This puts Battle Mages at a slight disadvantage, although I guess Nexon tried to balance it out by giving us a decent amount of Crit. Damage.