[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Why is even entering wondroid map cancerous?

Penguinz0Penguinz0
Reactions: 3,220
edited January 2020 in Rants and Raves
So for this wondroid event, they decided to go all out on cancer and even make entrance to the cancer map cancer. They could've been normal half-competent devs and simply teleport people back the the start point when they fail the cancer maps, and give people option to return to previous map. But no no no no. MS devs are quirky individuals with big noodle brains. Instead, send people back to the hideout and make them forfeit the quest and try again to enter the map again. GENIUS!!!
Why? Just why? How are the devs this (extremely bad words that will probably get me banned)??? This bs way of going back to the map synergizes with their potato servers and does this bs

kFLnfbc.jpg

I would reallllly like to know just what was going through their brains when they decided to make the system this way. Just pathetic
Izumaiya

Comments

• iArrowZiArrowZ
    Reactions: 1,710
    edited January 2020
    should know by now that when a new update drops bugs are to be expected which is why i always wait for that oh so predictable unscheduled maintenance
    Izumaiya
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited January 2020
    iArrowZ wrote: »
    should know by now that when a new update drops bugs are to be expected which is why i always wait for that oh so predictable unscheduled maintenance

this isn't a bug. They made it this way. With the potato server, 3 times out of 5, it tells you to try again later when you try to enter the map again
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    Reactions: 1,710
    edited January 2020
    Penguinz0 wrote: »

this isn't a bug. They made it this way.

oh jesus Lol
  • B7NetworkB7Network
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited January 2020
    Penguinz0 wrote: »

this isn't a bug. They made it this way. With the potato server, 3 times out of 5, it tells you to try again later when you try to enter the map again

Been trying to enter for almost 15 minutes now .. is everyone stuck on this part or what?

does changing channel solve the problem?

Edit: actually, I tried forfeiting, closing the game and then coming back ... it worked for me.
  • ThatRandomShadeThatRandomShade
    Reactions: 1,250
    edited January 2020
    Apparently people are speculating that the jump quest map is 1 per channel, so if you can enter it means someone is already in it. The best thing to do is just keep accepting and forfeiting the quest till it works, but since there's a quest that can get you stuck in an area, it's best to just wait till these issues are fixed.
    Izumaiya