[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

B4 Vent Portal Bug

StarryKnightStarryKnight
Reactions: 1,935
edited February 2020 in Bug Reporting
Type of Bug: Portal in B4 randomly not working.

Description: 3/4 the way through B4 there is a section with a spiked wall closing in on you. You are to fall down conveyor, strike vent cover until open, use vent portal, fall into area behind spiked wall, bring wondroid to portal, carry wondroid and use portal again.

Issue: In at least half of my runs through this JQ the vent portal does not work, I press up and do not teleport to upper left platform. Spike wall kills me, I restart from checkpoint walk back to area, portal still does not work.

It is not a huge issue for the first save of the day, as I can keep restarting until it until it randomly does work, but this bug has caused me to lose a lot of visitor ID badges, extending the amount of time it takes me to complete S1 from four days to as many as eight days, as I am unable to complete a second JQ due to the portal not working.

I tried restarting the maplestory, restarting the computer and various other methods of alleviating the issue. None of these have worked consistently (meaning the bug seems random, so its difficult to tell if these actions are the reason it worked the following time).

Character name: All mules used so far have experienced this bug at some point, but the one I am currently trying to complete is on Atashì

Character level: My characters range from 140 to 242, has happened on multiple chars so unsure, Atashì is currently 163

Character job: NL, Kanna, PF, Lumi, other Kanna and a couple others have all experienced the bug at some point.

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: A lot, but most recent one was a few minutes ago, so about 4:45-5am CST 2/12/20

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited February 2020
    There are multiple version of B4. (Can be identified by where the first bottomless troll pit is located)
    Only the first version work correctly and is usually the one you are taken to if it is not occupied.
    You are taken to the second version if the first version is occupied or if you don't give the first version 30 seconds to reset when you get kicked out.
  • StarryKnightStarryKnight
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited February 2020
    Rexaar wrote: »
    There are multiple version of B4. (Can be identified by where the first bottomless troll pit is located)
    Only the first version work correctly and is usually the one you are taken to if it is not occupied.
    You are taken to the second version if the first version is occupied or if you don't give the first version 30 seconds to reset when you get kicked out.

I have had the vent work properly in both versions, the one with the pit in the floor in the first room, and the one with the pit in the floor of the second room. I have not noticed whether the vent bug only happens on one of those two versions. I expect you are right that it happens more often on one version though.

It also appears that there should be an alternate path to the exit, as there is a ladder to the left of the exit portal, and when you go down it and head right, the ceiling starts coming down, forcing you to run quickly back to the ladder. There is a path leading to the ceiling dropping area from the right though. So I expect there is probably a way to reach that area without using the vent, however I have found no path to that spot using any other method thus far. There is an area below the conveyor where there are two spike walls smashing at each other on the left that seems impossible to pass, and a difficult jump quest area on the right, but heading right seems counter-intuitive and the jumps there are unreasonably tiny and precise, I've yet to make it past them.