[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

2x Coupon Level Limit

ETintheNavyETintheNavy
Reactions: 820
edited March 2020 in General Chat
I can't find any posts about the "up to lv249" limit on Cash Shop 2x coupons.

What is Nexon's (or Nexon America's) logic behind not allowing characters at and above lv250 to use them?
  1. Should Nexon America remove the lv250 limit on Cash Shop 2x coupons?8 votes
    1. Yes
       50% (4 votes)
    2. No
       13% (1 vote)
    3. I'll never reach/don't care to reach 250 so I don't really care one way or another.
       25% (2 votes)
    4. I'm already 275! Get to grinding.
       13% (1 vote)

Comments

• JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2020
    They should but don't count on it.

They claimed it wasn't allowed to preserve the ranks. As if they are blind to frenzy, gear differences, MVP status, and everything else that massively imbalances the rates which people can level.

No the truth is (LIKELY) that they just want to slow down progress wherever possible. What's my source you might wonder? Just look at every change they've done since V came out. It's always changes to make everything take longer instead of just giving us more things to do.

There's already one hundred thirty-five 275s but gosh darn it you're going to have to spend 600 hours to do it anyway. - Nexon probably.

Alternatively you could just play reboot for permanent 2.3x final exp.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2020
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    No the truth is (LIKELY) that they just want to slow down progress wherever possible. What's my source you might wonder? Just look at every change they've done since V came out. It's always changes to make everything take longer instead of just giving us more things to do.

Except you know, that that's not true. They've reduced the EXP curve several times while also adding more dailies and plenty of more content.
    No, 250->275 isn't easy. Yes, reboot has it easier due to certain things. But this is most likely because KMS doesn't care about Reboot so it doesn't get noticed.
    Getting more players from 1-200 and then from 200-250 should be Nexon's main goal, as that's where the majority of the content is located.
    Which is exactly what they've been doing recently. There are way more important issues to focus on than the 250+ players who can't hit 275.
    275 should still be a dream that only a small number of players can obtain, after all, Maple doesn't actually have much going for it outside of bossing and leveling up.

Once 275 actually has content that's worthwhile, they'll probably remove that restriction. Until then, they're probably trying to keep 275 as a long term goal for players.
    The whole point of the level cap increase is to give players who already hit 250 and don't care about other characters something to do.
    I would say that the 2x wouldn't matter that much in Korea, but over here where they stack differently (afaik) it would.
    What sounds more appealing to a company that is trying to keep their game alive?
    There is logic behind the reasoning, regardless of if it good or not. Only Nexon has the raw data on this.
    WONDERGUY
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2020
    More likely because KMS doesn't have 2x cash coupons and GMS can't be arsed to adjust the item, or they just forgot about it, or perhaps they plan to remove it entirely in the future as we move closer to becoming a poorly managed KMS clone.
    Fuhreak
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2020
    HHG1 wrote: »
    More likely because KMS doesn't have 2x cash coupons and GMS can't be arsed to adjust the item

Not true they went out of their way to turn them OFF when it was discovered that they accidentally worked above 255. The 'easy' thing would have been to just let them work.

Your other suggestions, maybe who knows.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2020
    Fuhreak wrote: »

Except you know, that that's not true. They've reduced the EXP curve several times while also adding more dailies and plenty of more content.
    No, 250->275 isn't easy. Yes, reboot has it easier due to certain things. But this is most likely because KMS doesn't care about Reboot so it doesn't get noticed.
    Getting more players from 1-200 and then from 200-250 should be Nexon's main goal, as that's where the majority of the content is located.
    Which is exactly what they've been doing recently. There are way more important issues to focus on than the 250+ players who can't hit 275.
    275 should still be a dream that only a small number of players can obtain, after all, Maple doesn't actually have much going for it outside of bossing and leveling up.

Once 275 actually has content that's worthwhile, they'll probably remove that restriction. Until then, they're probably trying to keep 275 as a long term goal for players.
    The whole point of the level cap increase is to give players who already hit 250 and don't care about other characters something to do.
    I would say that the 2x wouldn't matter that much in Korea, but over here where they stack differently (afaik) it would.
    What sounds more appealing to a company that is trying to keep their game alive?
    There is logic behind the reasoning, regardless of if it good or not. Only Nexon has the raw data on this.

Your long explanation actually elaborates on the reason Jushiro is correct: they want to slow down progress to 275 because they're not quite ready with new content for the next level cap.
    Fuhreak
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2020

Not sure about the content part. Yes there is always more dailies - someone at Nexon thinks these are great. The exp reductions aren't that big but they're better than nothing.
    No, 250->275 isn't easy.

It is easy though, there's nothing difficult about 1 shotting mobs for hours on end. The trouble is how many hours that is. Is it so horrible that I (and others) would like the option to spend less hours doing this? We have access to this time reduction up until level 250 - all or nothing in my view.

As a side issue, would be really nice to be able to work on more rewarding leveling of legion alts. Ironically I wouldn't even need to complain about the missing 2x coupons if droplets just dropped in the new three areas.
    Once 275 actually has content that's worthwhile, they'll probably remove that restriction.

I have strong objections to this because for level 250* we had access to 2x coupons LONG before it was actually beneficial (IE. had any content at all) to go deep into the 200-250 grind. We had Gollux which meant 210 was slightly beneficial for extra damage against him. After 210, you got 5 stats each level and that was it. THIS TIME there's benefits immediately for going all the way to 275.

A final thought - I don't know why I or anyone is bothering with these forums. We can disagree all we want Nexon doesn't care what we think either way.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2020
    HHG1 wrote: »
    More likely because KMS doesn't have 2x cash coupons and GMS can't be arsed to adjust the item

Not true they went out of their way to turn them OFF when it was discovered that they accidentally worked above 255. The 'easy' thing would have been to just let them work.

Your other suggestions, maybe who knows.

But those were just the 2hr ones from Marvel right, and wasn't that quite a while ago? They're more likely to fix something obviously unintended (255+ rather than 250+ for one specific item is clearly a bug) than go out of their way to fix something than they can claim is intended (all of the 2x coupons not being applied beyond 250) especially since they've done that before.
    Enough time has passed since then that they should look into it again, my point is that they're now either too lazy/forgetful or have other plans.

Either way I agree with you, they should have removed the level limit a long time ago. And it's just another reason why the rankings should have been completely separated from the start.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2020

Not sure about the content part. Yes there is always more dailies - someone at Nexon thinks these are great. The exp reductions aren't that big but they're better than nothing.

Legion System, at least a dozen new map chains/areas, 5 new characters, 5 new boss fights, a few new dailies, etc.
    There's plenty of more content added after V.
    No, 250->275 isn't easy.

It is easy though, there's nothing difficult about 1 shotting mobs for hours on end. The trouble is how many hours that is. Is it so horrible that I (and others) would like the option to spend less hours doing this? We have access to this time reduction up until level 250 - all or nothing in my view.

As a side issue, would be really nice to be able to work on more rewarding leveling of legion alts. Ironically I wouldn't even need to complain about the missing 2x coupons if droplets just dropped in the new three areas.

I didn't mean "easy" as in 1 shotting, I meant dedication. It's "easy" to one shot, it's not easy to keep motivation up to continue to do so.
    I think this is something that should be changed though.
    Once 275 actually has content that's worthwhile, they'll probably remove that restriction.

I have strong objections to this because for level 250* we had access to 2x coupons LONG before it was actually beneficial (IE. had any content at all) to go deep into the 200-250 grind. We had Gollux which meant 210 was slightly beneficial for extra damage against him. After 210, you got 5 stats each level and that was it. THIS TIME there's benefits immediately for going all the way to 275.

Granted. I personally think the EXP required for 250>275 deters enough. I don't think there's much point in the move, but I do understand Nexon's logic.
    A final thought - I don't know why I or anyone is bothering with these forums. We can disagree all we want Nexon doesn't care what we think either way.

Nexon pays attention to the forums. Even if they don't follow our wishes very often.
    To stop posting is to give up on the future of GMS.
  • AriesDRXAriesDRX
    Reactions: 940
    edited March 2020
    It makes sense, they want to delay people getting to 275 due to lack of content, but Nexon is also forgetting the average age of the loyal player base seems to be 18+, meaning we're no longer kids who have time to stay at home long enough to grind to 275 in a decent time frame, or have the mental and physical energy to. Most player have jobs which gives us less time to grind, not only that but grinding in your early to mid 20's, or even 30's in some cases is not the same as grinding is in your teens.
    Fuhreak