[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Add equipment tab specifically for drop rate gear!

TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
Reactions: 2,320
edited April 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
back in the blizzard entertainment days of Diablo 2. They added an extra equipment tab to the game eventually because people were tired of dropping and losing their gear on the ground when equipment swapping. it greatly reduced gear swapping scenarios and their loss of equipment.

I am suggesting the same thing, but with a twist. Please add an extra equipment tab that is specifically designed for DROP RATE & MESO increase only accessories. So 9 slots and what ever piece of drop rate/meso gear you place in, only the drop rate/meso increase will be used passively while you continue to gain the full benefit of your normal bossing attire on your main equipment tab(meso and drop gear potential lines do not apply when worn in main equip tab). So you can equip all your drop rate/meso gear in to a special equipment tab that will passively apply your drop rate/meso increase at all times and no need to gear swap any more last second in a boss fight or when training.

Benefits of this suggestion:
-saves people from losing their items when gear swapping.
-provides a convenience to all maplers.
-provides an incentive for all players to get a set of drop/meso gear if they don't already have one ("there are many who do not")
WONDERGUYzmint

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited April 2020
    only the drop rate/meso increase will be used passively while you continue to gain the full benefit of your normal bossing attire on your main equipment tab. So you can equip all your drop rate/meso gear in to a special equipment tab that will passively apply your drop rate/meso increase at all times and no need to gear swap any more last second in a boss fight or when training.

Will literally never happen. Ever.

Also you go from talking about gear swapping to "passively apply drop and meso bonuses without the gear actually being equipped". These are two very different, and in no way interchangeable, concepts.
    Fuhreak
  • AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    Separate equip tabs is a good idea, but your suggestion is incredibly overpowered. I think it'd be better to have the equip tabs only give the boosts of whatever you have in each respective tab.
    Fuhreak
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    A secondary equipment set of items is a good idea, being able to change items that have other items registered to the slot is fine.
    But give it the exact same restrictions that we currently have. You can only switch out of combat, you don't get benefits from both sets of items.
    This kind of spin I can agree with, the suggestion in the OP, I can't. Overpowered, as AaronHusky said.
    zmint
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited April 2020
    gear loadout is fine, but stacking is pretty stupid op
  • LatemasterLatemaster
    Reactions: 1,780
    edited April 2020
    swapping all items at once would be decent but having then equipped all the time would be quite insane
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited April 2020
    Latemaster wrote: »
    swapping all items at once would be decent but having then equipped all the time would be quite insane

How would it be insane? Only the meso drop and item drop potential lines are being used passively. Every thing else is excluded and no other stat bonuses when equipped in the meso and item drop equipment tab are applied.

My only reason for suggesting this is that when i train i never bother taking the time to put my item drop gear on. All 9 pieces just sit there and get not much use... This suggestion would fix this problem and any one who is like me out there and feels this would be a good idea, would be nice to get more replies for support!
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited April 2020
    It would be nice to get more ideas worth supporting...

The point of having specific drop and meso gear is that you lose the stat bonuses of whatever you swap it for. No one in their right mind would support such an absurd idea as to allow ANYTHING to apply passively from the inventory. And before you start crying what about, cash experience and drop coupons have worked the way they do long before potential was ever a thing.

If your drop gear sits unused in your inventory, that's your own fault. Make a point to use it more often or sell it off and recoup your losses.
    Fuhreak