[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Third Party Programs - Legitimate Discussion

GenvidGenvid
Reactions: 310
in Rants and Raves
Hi all,

Just to start the discussion for everyone's reference, I was banned for "illegal third-party programs specifically created to affect MapleStory gameplay were detected active and in use at the time the access restriction was executed" a little over two weeks ago. I have never used a third-party program to hack MapleStory, but I want preface this discussion with the fact that I have long given up on trying to appeal this ban.

I have already written multiple tickets and to Nexon to ask about what their autoban system had detected, and they have made it clear that they will not share the evidence or logs with me, so I may understand what led to my ban. While I was beyond disappointed with Nexon and their customer support system, at 2 weeks in I have long moved on (Valorant launch has been awesome). However, I really wanted to facilitate this discussion both for understanding, and to create a forum in case anyone else experienced something similar.

Has anyone has experienced a situation similar to the described case? What confused me the most was Nexon claiming that I had a "illegal third-party programs specifically created to affect MapleStory gameplay" - does anyone know what kind of programs/processes these entail? I did not have any weird applications open - Chrome, Spotify, League of Legends, Steam, Epic Games Launcher, and Discord was it. I can't other people wouldn't have had these gaming applications open, so that seems really strange to me.

Lastly (for the lulz) - the moment I was banned, I was in the Black Heaven mini dungeon in Reboot (to try to complete the Lotus prequest). There is no way to hack that for any gains... but that's besides the point. I don't think any GMs had any game knowledge or else that in and of itself would be cause for someone to dive deeper - but oh wells...

Thanks all and have a good day.

Comments

• Martinh632Martinh632
    Reactions: 300
    edited April 2020
    YES!!!!! I have been trying to get it resolved to no avail. they keep saying i was using a third party software which i have never used. i just purchased this laptop less than a month ago and have only dowloaded three programs on it. maplestory, steam and chrome. i have tried multiple times to appeal and they keep saying the same thing. i have given up already to try to recover my account back.
  • GenvidGenvid
    edited April 2020
    Wow... that's even less programs than I had. Really don't understand what they are doing here... I have only been playing the game legit and this was highly disappointing having put so many hours into the game during COVID season... That's the only reason I came back to this game.
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited April 2020
    I have the same programs, but why would i want another game launcher in my background?
    If your playing through steam than close Nexon launcher, because it's going spike their servers ( most likely disconnect you, since they have no clue if someone else is using the nexon launcher. Again against the rules to have shared accounts.
  • GenvidGenvid
    edited April 2020
    What do you mean? I was playing MapleStory but had League of Legends logged into. For talking / chatting with people.
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited April 2020
    Genvid wrote: »
    What do you mean? I was playing MapleStory but had League of Legends logged into. For talking / chatting with people.

For each game I'm playing everything else must be closed its a "no brainer". If I was playing League of Legends while YouTube was running or other high end stuff it would cause a spike in my ping. I got away with running the LCS on mute minimized while playing League to get the free rewards.

Now Maplestory is different since they have very old codes, so it cant handle a lot of other stuff in the background. That's why we see more SM's even after a game update like today go figure LOL
  • GenvidGenvid
    edited May 2020
    I think I know what the source of this may have been. Maplestory falsely banned me due to me playing Valorant. League uses a kernel based anti cheat program that the autoban system must've detected. This stays on even after you exit the game...

Great job Nexon, didn't even allow me to appeal the ban / no one carefully reviewed my case.

https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/riot-dev-explains-valorants-anti-cheat-kernel-driver-and-why-it-activates-when-you-boot-your-pc/
  • nickfury1nickfury1
    Reactions: 100
    Hi, Im really sorry for bumping old thread, but Im searching for similar information, can someone help me please?