[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

item ranks

mazgru2mazgru2
Reactions: 200
in General Chat
Hi all,
Came over from MS2 and been playing for a couple days now. Can anyone explain to me how the items are ranked? I know that the colors of the name represent the item rank and the color of the banner represents the item potential? How so they interact with each other? Like ive seen a white named item that has a blue banner and then i also seen the same item with a blue name and no banner? what does that mean?

Comments

• mazgru2mazgru2
    Reactions: 200
    edited April 2020
    Hi all,
    Came over from MS2 and been playing for a couple days now. Can anyone explain to me how the items are ranked? I know that the colors of the name represent the item rank and the color of the banner represents the item potential? How so they interact with each other? Like ive seen a white named item that has a blue banner and then i also seen the same item with a blue name and no banner? what does that mean?
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    potential ranks:
    no potential = gray
    rare = blue
    epic = purple
    unique = yellow
    legendary = green

rank/bonus stats/scrolling/star force:
    gray
    white
    orange
    blue
    purple
    yellow
    green
    red
    increasing value, basically, the higher the "rank" the more better stats it has from the "base" item, think it's like 20+ stats overall per color rank or something, so like a blue item will have +60 stats from a clean base item, iirc.

There's not really an interaction between the two, iirc, hence why the two different color parts.