[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Is this situation unfair?

ProtectEUProtectEU
Reactions: 930
edited April 2020 in Rants and Raves
So, I'm wary of the rule pertaining to criticism at Nexon's expense. So I am trying to keep this constructive and productive.

My friend logged in her account last month to find her hairstyle randomly changed to a default style. She sent a ticket in and Nexon asked for proof. She provided photos of her character having the hair she claims she lost.
Nexon then reply saying they couldn't find it in their records, so they changed it to a different default style to resolve the matter?

I then contacted Nexon on my friend's behalf (I know they wouldn't give details or converse because I'm not the account holder, but I was trying to explain and back her up as it's really unfair to be in this situation). They mentioned that my friend should update their ticket with more details/questions about the matter. So I told her what to write and also found an old guild photo which proved she had the hair as well.

One of the GMs even linked me to this https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/360021973452-My-hair-or-face-style-changed-unexpectedly-How-do-I-get-it-back-. Which confirms it's indeed an issue and they've been well aware of it for over 1 year.

Anyway, today, the GM replies to my friend's ticket completely disregarding the input and just said the following:
'We understand that you wanted to recover your character's hairstyle. However, as we have discussed on your other tickets, we are unable to restore them since our records did not indicate that your character previous had the hair you're requesting.

Continued contact to request the same issue will receive the same response as this was discussed multiple times in your tickets.

So despite being a known issue, that the game corrupts the data, and being told to resend a ticket in, a different GM is completely dismissing it and cutting off any progress to resolving this matter. Like, we've provided plenty proof she had the hair via screenshots and photos.

Key detail, my friend has had this hairstyle for over 5 years, so whether it's simply not in their records because of this duration, or because it's a corruption of data, I can't tell.

How does a player resolve this? Am I in the wrong thinking this is not fair?
JacaruWONDERGUY

Comments

• HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    Firmly ask to have it escalated to a senior GM, link the support page you've linked here along with all the ticket #s and screenshots of the character having the hair.
    ProtectEUKhongi
  • GenvidGenvid
    Reactions: 310
    edited May 2020
    The GMs are completely unhelpful and give canned answers.
    WONDERGUY
  • KhongiKhongi
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited May 2020
    HHG1 wrote: »
    Firmly ask to have it escalated to a senior GM, link the support page you've linked here along with all the ticket #s and screenshots of the character having the hair.

Do this, I've done it twice over my life of playing and asking for it to be escalated works HOWEVER you do need to provide oodles of detail on the ticket for it to be considered a looking into, get your friend to do everything HHG1 said, but also if they have loads of screenshots, and you, of them with the hair then create a imgur album (or similar) and frigging go to town, all different dates (it helps if the hair is shown during different events like Halloween and Christmas because they time stamp the screenshot) and then add that link to the ticket as well. They will have to repeat themselves and then link every ticket number relating to this, give them your ticket numbers too. Can't stress it enough, as cheated as they feel right now they need a cool head writing the new ticket and it needs to be detailed (if they're not the best at grammar or spelling have them run what they type through a grammar / spell check program free online then cut and paste into the description.) This needs to be the most serious ticket with nothing but facts and no emotions, no "this is unfair" or "this makes me want to quit", needs to be facts.

It takes time but like any customer support (and this is a lesson for real life too) there is a hierarchy and if you're in the right you chase that higher and higher until you reach that person who can help, in this case immediately start the ticket saying it hasn't been resolved and you need it escalated.
    WONDERGUY
  • VickyanVickyan
    Reactions: 600
    edited May 2020
    Khongi wrote: »

It takes time but like any customer support (and this is a lesson for real life too) there is a hierarchy and if you're in the right you chase that higher and higher until you reach that person who can help, in this case immediately start the ticket saying it hasn't been resolved and you need it escalated.

I’m not sure you’re able to do this with nexon customer support. They’ll consider it as abuse and ban you from customer support. Hopefully your friend does get her hair back.

Even if the senior GM is sceptical of the case... Why not give a one-time exception?