[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

✓ Certain Monsters Have Broken Hitboxes

PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
Reactions: 5,265
edited June 2021 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Monster

Brief bug summary: A few monsters in the game have broken hitboxes, meaning that they cannot be damaged while performing certain animations (excluding death, obviously).

More details:
The monsters in question include but are not limited to the following:

1. Electrophant (at the end of its attack)
2. Wolf Spider (while moving)
3-5. Haunted Sandstone, Haunted Graystone, and Haunted River Rock (if moving, standing, or attacking)
6-7. All forms of Livyatan, when using the water column attack, its flinch/knockback animation, and the seal attack (blue only)

I have recorded a video for reference:

Steps to reproduce:
1. Attack any of the above monsters while they perform the above animations
2. Note that your attacks will not deal damage, as if the monster does not exist.

Character name: irrelevant

Character level: irrelevant

Character job: irrelevant

World name: Bera (applies to any world though)

Date and time of the incident: April 30, 2020 at 10:00 PM EST (but prior to that as well)

Comments

• PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    edited February 2021
    Just an addendum to this, the Cerberusian Gigantic Drill boss from NLC (including the Maple Tour variant) also has broken hitboxes when using a certain attack (the one where mini drones appear and fire lasers down at the ground)

• PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    edited June 2020
    All of the mobs were fixed as of v214 except the Cerberusian Gigantic Drill, though it's kind of understandable since that one came late.
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited June 2020
    Oh oops, we must have missed the last bit of the report.
    I apologize for that. Reported the Cerberusian Gigantic Drill hitbox issue as well.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    edited June 2020
    Ghiblee wrote: »
    Oh oops, we must have missed the last bit of the report.
    I apologize for that. Reported the Cerberusian Gigantic Drill hitbox issue as well.

That's fine, I reported that one later than the others, so it's understandable. Thank you.