[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New Player Restrictions are ridiculous

BamBamTeddyBamBamTeddy
Reactions: 100
in General Chat
Hi I'm a returning player for along time ago and I made a new account to start fresh in Bera. This 7 day restriction on dropping items is ridiculous. I can't do Zak, I can't drop all these useless titles that are cluttering my inventory. Any tips on how I can overcome this?

Comments

• darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited May 2020
    Hi I'm a returning player for along time ago and I made a new account to start fresh in Bera. This 7 day restriction on dropping items is ridiculous. I can't do Zak, I can't drop all these useless titles that are cluttering my inventory. Any tips on how I can overcome this?

Its to prevent hackers, dont blame the company for trying to fix it, blame the hackers that destroy this game and the people that buy the hackers service
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited May 2020
    Any tips on how I can overcome this?

Wait seven days?
  • bazzybazzy
    Reactions: 1,525
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    darik wrote: »

Its to prevent hackers, dont blame the company for trying to fix it, blame the hackers that destroy this game and the people that buy the hackers service

yes blame the company trying to fix it because if the solution affects new players in a negative way then does the change really work? There has to be a better solution and instead of being on Nexon's side, look at the players suffering as a result of this.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited May 2020
    bazzy wrote: »

yes blame the company trying to fix it because if the solution affects new players in a negative way then does the change really work? There has to be a better solution and instead of being on Nexon's side, look at the players suffering as a result of this.

I mean, realistically you can just... do other things for a week? If you can't do a single boss out of everything in the game for the first week you play, is it really the end of the world?

And there's a very clear-cut difference between "being on nexon's side" and thinking people overreact about the smallest inconveniences.
  • BamBamTeddyBamBamTeddy
    edited May 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »

I mean, realistically you can just... do other things for a week? If you can't do a single boss out of everything in the game for the first week you play, is it really the end of the world?

And there's a very clear-cut difference between "being on nexon's side" and thinking people overreact about the smallest inconveniences.

It definitely isn't the end of the world. But I would say it's a bit more than a small inconvenience. Think about all the random medals, emblems, untradable equips, beginner weapons you get from doing quests. Right now 13/28 equip slots are these items I can't drop. If it wasn't for the burning event, I'd probably be doing a lot more theme dungeons that would add even more to the count. If I can't do quests nor some bosses, then what should I do, grind? Might as well go to reboot then.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited May 2020
    It definitely isn't the end of the world. But I would say it's a bit more than a small inconvenience. Think about all the random medals, emblems, untradable equips, beginner weapons you get from doing quests. Right now 13/28 equip slots are these items I can't drop. If it wasn't for the burning event, I'd probably be doing a lot more theme dungeons that would add even more to the count. If I can't do quests nor some bosses, then what should I do, grind? Might as well go to reboot then.

If you think quests are gonna carry you through most of your leveling, I've got bad news for you.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020

You can sell most of those items to shop NPCs.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited May 2020

I don't think to overreact about the smallest inconveniences is a smart way to tell a player whos being affected negativity that there concerns aren't worth hearing or a big deal. Although most of us play as f2p a lot of players do invest karma and nx in the game and those players also invest time farming and playing the game.

I think that reason alone is enough for them to listen to concerns of the player base. He has an issue that is something to look at, there been other issues these last few updates as well. We had glitching, constant disconnections, people unable to move around items and do things, and overall it's a bad experience.

We as the player base deserve to be heard so when these problems arise we can fix them for them who the reason why this game still afloat.

When it comes to investing your time in something it's never a "Small inconvenience" or something that isn't worth overreacting too.
  • IMewcoIMewco
    Reactions: 925
    edited May 2020
    riza wrote: »

I don't think to overreact about the smallest inconveniences is a smart way to tell a player whos being affected negativity that there concerns aren't worth hearing or a big deal. Although most of us play as f2p a lot of players do invest karma and nx in the game and those players also invest time farming and playing the game.

I think that reason alone is enough for them to listen to concerns of the player base. He has an issue that is something to look at, there been other issues these last few updates as well. We had glitching, constant disconnections, people unable to move around items and do things, and overall it's a bad experience.

We as the player base deserve to be heard so when these problems arise we can fix them for them who the reason why this game still afloat.

When it comes to investing your time in something it's never a "Small inconvenience" or something that isn't worth overreacting too.

The difference between disconnection and glitching, and the issue this person is describing is that one is unintended while the other is a feature that is in no way game breaking. Not being able to trade for a single week will have minimal consequences on the overall gameplay and the larger benefit of eliminating some bots. Describing the issue by comparing it to reboot is an exaggeration. After a week once you're trade is unrestricted you'll probably tell players the same thing we are telling you now. I know I was sure as hell pissed off when I bought NX credit for the first time and got trade banned, but in the end, it passed and I survived.
  • rizariza
    edited May 2020
    IMewco wrote: »

The difference between disconnection and glitching, and the issue this person is describing is that one is unintended while the other is a feature that is in no way game breaking. Not being able to trade for a single week will have minimal consequences on the overall gameplay and the larger benefit of eliminating some bots. Describing the issue by comparing it to reboot is an exaggeration. After a week once you're trade is unrestricted you'll probably tell players the same thing we are telling you now. I know I was sure as hell pissed off when I bought NX credit for the first time and got trade banned, but in the end, it passed and I survived.

But overall this could of all been prevented had Nexon done what it did in the past monitor and check their servers and manually ban people. I am in favor of them recording the people doing bad then banning them with the proof. I think this way can reducing hacking.

If someone hacking they can find a way to get past it as the more barriers you put up the more ways they find to penetrate it. walls are put up to find a way past or around it and these safety measures are nothing more than a way for these people to be a challenge to break past it.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited May 2020
    Get used to seeing more and more of 'why cant I do this?' threads and users telling them that a one week block is for the greater good because screw your own enjoyment.

'just wait it out bro its only a week!'

pathetic
  • IMewcoIMewco
    edited May 2020
    But overall this could of all been prevented had Nexon done what it did in the past monitor and check their servers and manually ban people. I am in favor of them recording the people doing bad then banning them with the proof. I think this way can reducing hacking.

If someone hacking they can find a way to get past it as the more barriers you put up the more ways they find to penetrate it. walls are put up to find a way past or around it and these safety measures are nothing more than a way for these people to be a challenge to break past it.

Bots are called bots for a reason. They're automated. Simply "recording and banning with evidence" sound great in theory, except for the fact that the amount of manual work required to commit such a feat is not worth it. The fact of the matter is, in the case of bots, prevention is a better option than actively seeking them out. Without preventive measures, there would be no point in banning them because they would just come back. And what exactly do you believe these hackers can do to "break" the 7 day trade ban. If they cant trade they cant transfer the botted loot to other players, it's quite simple.
    ShadEight wrote: »
    Get used to seeing more and more of 'why cant I do this?' threads and users telling them that a one week block is for the greater good because screw your own enjoyment.

'just wait it out bro its only a week!'

pathetic

The trade ban is for new accounts. If the only enjoyment you are getting out of the game is trading, esspecially in the period of time in the game where you are least likely to even need to trade items, then I would heavily reconsider why you play this game. As for dropping items, sell them to npcs and you can live with not doing zakum for your first week of playing the game.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited May 2020
    Ah yes lets tell them to reconsider the game, top notch advice

very reassuring to newer players, I'm sure they'll understand!
    SlicedTime
  • IMewcoIMewco
    edited May 2020

Yes that's how games work, if you dont like it you dont play it. The end goal is always to have fun.

The point isnt to reassure new players but to inform them of what's happening in the game and reasoning behind it so they can make their own decision. Theres more the game than trading, but if trading is the only enjoyment they get out of this game then they can either wait the week or simply play another MMO that has a trading system. I'm sure theres plenty. But if you're playing maplestory because you think the game as a whole is fun, then waiting a week shouldnt be a problem in the first place.
  • rizariza
    edited May 2020

Yes that's how games work, if you dont like it you dont play it. The end goal is always to have fun.

The point isnt to reassure new players but to inform them of what's happening in the game and reasoning behind it so they can make their own decision. Theres more the game than trading, but if trading is the only enjoyment they get out of this game then they can either wait the week or simply play another MMO that has a trading system. I'm sure theres plenty. But if you're playing maplestory because you think the game as a whole is fun, then waiting a week shouldnt be a problem in the first place.

I can say waiting a week in the reboot is ok cause no trading to involve. But regular servers are ruled by trading and that's all they do, It easy for someone like you or me to wait as the patience levels are there but not everyone has the patience if they are playing this game with the intention of becoming a merchant.

Don't forget the whole reason the last world merge became a disaster was because the whole thing with marching involves single-handedly destroyed a lot of the player base.

There are 2 types of players in maple, there are 1st the players who play for the content and enjoy playing the game and actually being a player, and the 2nd is the ones who are in it for money profit or to gain from others these players do not play for the enjoyment of games but more so to bank on it.

I think the wait from my perspective is good cause it will force people to actually play the game and not jump over fences and bypass the basic stuff.

"People mad" chances are they want to bank and cant do it right away for them tough luck play the game or just wait a week. ;)
  • yyiiddaannyyiiddaann

I just came back to maple for a week, since at least 2009 because I was bored and I wanted to experience the game I have played in my childhood times. I leveled up to 210. I can't do anything else other than the easy bosses (had to buy additional slots) and mobing because I have purchased Nx and the plat scissor in 7/15/20. Mobing got harder because I can not buy better Items. Basically I am stuck for a week because I bought a platinum scissor to trade items( I have meso to buy better items). I understand there they are trying to help but this does not work. Let's put it this way, first of all I had no credit card or debit card information on this account. How does buying NX item and getting banned going to help me. If I did buy an item, it is because I used my card. Because if the hackers have information on my card, they would not use if only on maplestory. Second of all, restrictions on only the first purchase does not work. People are making it sound like accounts will not get hacked after one had bought NX items. The simplest way is to improve the system they have. I never hear people in League not able to buy skins because they purchased RP for the first time. Third of all, I am pretty sure there are people that had not purchase any NX items and still have a ton of meso that can be used to buy items. What if hackers hack those people and trade with themselves? This restriction would not help, would it?

The solution is simple, make an anti-hack system that would prevent most people. Korean also known for their early of the gaming industry. Nexon was also popular years back for maplestory. Did they not want to spend money on increasing the comfort of the player environment? It is different from PUBG. PUBG got big since they came out, they did not have the time for create a good code to prevent hackers, but they are still trying right now. Nexon, similar to league, Blizzard, Tencent had plenty of time and money. League gives surveys at the end of some game to ask the players ways to improve the game. Long and short. I have never seen any survey from Nexon. Tencent has million of games under their company. Yes, there is still hackers, but they can not affect other players' experience. They can only get more gold in their own account or things like that(then they would get banned within a week). Blizzard, a company just like maplestory. They both have created a few game. But they are doing better than Nexon aren't they? I do not play that many different games, so maple is the only game that I have heard would restricted players by spending money.

The other solution is having player link two emails. I am pretty sure most people have at least two emails. There would be the main one that people would log in with and the other is for trading, buying NX items, or even putting things in the auction house (players can choose the ones they would want to get notified and authorized). For example, I can see to get notified for purchasing NX items only. Then, in game I can trade anything anytime. However, when I purchase NX items I would have to go to my second email and allow it to pass through. To my opinion it is just trying in the email website, click on the email that nexon send, and then click approve. It does not that that much time.

If players this is too much for them, they can choose to get restricted on trading and throwing out items or just having no protection at all. I do believe that players have their right to choose. If they have no protection at all and they got hacked, that is on them. Because that is what they chose.

I do want to clarify that I am not blaming Nexon. There must be something wrong for it to end up this way. No company that creates games free to play would restrict actions of a player because they have spend money. That would be the same as hitting someone that is feeding you. I can tell that by doing so they have not found out a better way for preventing hackers. The restriction might be the best way to prevent hackers for now but it is hurting the player base. I would suggest a small amount of NX for each day of the restriction, just to make people feel better. Otherwise the only way to prevent getting restricted would be purchasing the NX right when you have created a character and then buying NX items 7 days later, or just not purchase NX at all. The first way does not sound as bad, but the second way just means that it is slowly killing maple.

Overall, I do not like this restriction, but I am not that pissed off to write a post about it. The reason that I am is seeing people that have gone through the experience and they were pissed, but now that they have gone passed it and thought it was no big deal (I know I was sure as hell pissed off when I bought NX credit for the first time and got trade banned, but in the end, it passed and I survived). What ever something is based on them, but you can not tell someone that is going through the same experience that it is no big deal when you were pissed off going through the same thing. It would be fine for some that have gone through it and while being restricted thought that it was fine to say something like that. It is like losing your arm and years based by. Then tell someone that have just lost an arm that it is fine you'll survive, when you yourself thought that it was a big deal at the time. You just think that it was no big deal because you have gone passed it. Yes, it is no big deal for anything that have gone passed the restriction time, because it does no affect them anymore. But for someone that is going through this time, it might be a big deal for them. I do not understand why people that felt the same when they went through it can't just say "yea, I know. It sucks. But Nexon is try to protect us, so i went through it. It was tough but worth it." or "yea, this is dumb. I have no idea why Nexon did this." Or people can think about an idea to fix them problem like me. Yes, I understand that there are ways to go around the solution I have provided, but that is a good way to make the game better, no?