[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Are Mages affected by attack speed?

Luminous0014Luminous0014
Reactions: 1,055
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2020 in General Chat
I am trying to start an Ice-Lightning mage. I am no sure if I should go for the wand or the staff. I saw a post on reddit from like 4 years ago about none of the mages are affected by attack speed except for battle mage. But I see that in my mage skill set, there is a skill "Magic Booster" that increased my attack speed. If mages are not affected by attack speed what is that skill for? Or are they referring to different things? I also saw a post about Luminous should get Attack Speed +1 in their potentials.

So I am confused as to how are mages affected by attack speed if they are affected.
Thanks in advance for answering!

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited May 2020
    All mage except battle mage ignore the attack speed shown on the weapon (unless normal attacking directly).
    Instead mages uses the spell attack speed which all start at the default value of 6(normal).
    Attack speed inner ability, DSI, green potion, and all other attack speed increase skill both increase weapon attack speed and spell attack speed.
    ProphetieAggraphineLuminous0014
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    The main difference between wand and staff is a small amount of attack or some extra critical rate (On wand) for explorer mages.
    Supposedly Explosion on F/P used to depend on the attack speed of the weapon, though I'm not sure if this is still true.
  • rebuiltrebuilt
    Reactions: 615
    edited May 2020
    beast tamer is 100% affected by attack speed (and boosting it is pretty important for us)