[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Badges are a bad idea

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2016
    KeepComingBack

I think of it as an incentive to kinda jumpstart the new forums and get people to explore forum sections they normally wouldn't participate in.
    Sooner or later people will stop actively bothering with the badges and just go back to posting when they have something substantial to say.
    It's just a few people "spamming" anyway.
    Honestly, the easiest badges to get have nothing to do with posting. Which is kinda funny given, y'know, some people.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited September 2016
    They're ok. I don't see a point to them though, they bring nothing useful to the table and the forums wouldn't lose anything if they were just removed. But I don't really care one way or the other, if I cared about fake internet points I would be a karmawhore on reddit
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited September 2016
    The worst part of the badges is that one person, so far, seems to be dead set on getting as many of the post count ones as he can, and is shitting up several threads with barely-relevant posts. Just relevant enough, in fact, to be difficult to directly call out for it.
  • nenenenenenenenenene
    Reactions: 1,095
    edited September 2016
    Aggraphine

nenenenene

It's not like our first day here. We all know each other too well to even bother looking at that meaningless post count. Do you still bother to check how many HP a normal zakum has when you are level 160+ ?
    But we aren't the only people here. Other people don't know who's who on the forums as well as you, me, AK or anyone else.

It's not our first day here, but it may be someone elses.
    I think we are worrying too much (are we started worrying like our parents now ? :P ). Gamers, who go on forum, are smart ppl. Have a little faith in them.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited September 2016
    nenenenene

Aggraphine

nenenenene

It's not like our first day here. We all know each other too well to even bother looking at that meaningless post count. Do you still bother to check how many HP a normal zakum has when you are level 160+ ?
    But we aren't the only people here. Other people don't know who's who on the forums as well as you, me, AK or anyone else.

I think we are worrying too much (are we started worrying like our parents now ? :P ). Gamers, who go on forum, are smart ppl. Have a little faith in them.
    I get where you're coming from, but I have several years of experience to the contrary of that.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited September 2016

Another possible solution to this would be to add an ignore option so any individuals that you feel might spam can have their posts be hidden. Looking at the accomplishments/badges, there aren't that many that actually relate to post count so this may not be the largest concern.

nice message thingy, how were u able to do that? or is that an image?
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited September 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

Another possible solution to this would be to add an ignore option so any individuals that you feel might spam can have their posts be hidden. Looking at the accomplishments/badges, there aren't that many that actually relate to post count so this may not be the largest concern.

nice message thingy, how were u able to do that? or is that an image?

If you'll notice, you can actually highlight individual words in his message, showing that its not an image but just a really shiny message. I too would like to know how he did that, and how he got his unique avatar

Edit Interesting though because it messes with my ability to quote you properly, which made me look at the html itself. He just played with the HTML when making his post, because why not I guess? This will certainly be fun to use on the new shiny forums :D
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    imageimage

that certain individual seems to have calmed down his posting spree, bringing
    back the 30 second intervals wouldn't be a bad idea though.

• nenenenenenenenenene
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

nenenenene

Aggraphine

nenenenene

I get where you're coming from, but I have several years of experience to the contrary of that.
    I think you are one of those who would say a glass is half empty instead of half full.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2016
    nenenenene

Aggraphine

nenenenene

Aggraphine

nenenenene

I think you are one of those who would say a glass is half empty instead of half full.
    No, I just have a good 8-10 years of experience telling me that, quite often, people are idiots.
  • nenenenenenenenenene
    edited October 2016
    Well, I guess your 8-10 years of experience didn't teach you how to love thy neighbors. May I ask if you own a store in FM ?