[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Is it possible to main Bishop with terrible ping?

HiiraaHiiraa
Reactions: 200
in General Chat
I main a level 219 Bishop (solo progression) in reboot with terrible ping. For the past 6 months I got by just fine, but today I attempted Chaos Von Bon. I know for a fact that I have enough range. I saw Akinobu solo Von Bon with similar range. I got him to 10% the first time, and then I disconnected. The second time Erda Nova didn't work. Not sure if it is server side, but Von Bon didn't get stunned and I died. 3rd time my character froze after casting Angel Ray (happens from time to time) and got 1 shotted. I love the class but this is the first time I'm seriously considering switching. I've spent the last 6 months getting my Bishop to where it is and really don't want to have to switch now, but what do you guys think?

Comments

• rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited May 2020
    Hiiraa wrote: »
    I main a level 219 Bishop (solo progression) in reboot with terrible ping. For the past 6 months I got by just fine, but today I attempted Chaos Von Bon. I know for a fact that I have enough range. I saw Akinobu solo Von Bon with similar range. I got him to 10% the first time, and then I disconnected. The second time Erda Nova didn't work. Not sure if it is server side, but Von Bon didn't get stunned and I died. 3rd time my character froze after casting Angel Ray (happens from time to time) and got 1 shotted. I love the class but this is the first time I'm seriously considering switching. I've spent the last 6 months getting my Bishop to where it is and really don't want to have to switch now, but what do you guys think?

I say as a bishop main myself "someone who can actually talk for bishops" I know that it is a hard class to not only main but keep at with. If you switch to ice or fire mage you would see those bosses become way easier to kill as ice and fire mage range lets say bishop has 25k int there range if you switch jobs would put that int up to maybe 27-29int. I know cause I tested it before and was able to solo a lot of things.

Cons- Now reasons why you shouldn't be a bishop
    don't know mechanics- knowing how it works is important, not just using skills whenever you want but knowing when and when not to use it.
    You don't do well-supporting people- Bishop's main purpose is to keep people alive and to help push the team to the end or themselves. You are the lifeline of the team and the one who determines if your team or self wins.
    Not enough stats with heal%, duration%, and other important bishop stats- Having the range is one thing but the other stuff like heal when using move or buff duration is big part of being a bishop. Your buffs and healing are what makes you op without it you won't do well in runs.
    If you not fully like the class- One thing that makes bishops quit is people who are not too invested in it as liking the class. When you like the class you will do well with it so if your heart isn't in the class then Its better to test out different things.

Pros-Now reasons why you should be a bishop
    Master mechanics- If you master the mechanics and learn different cheats to bishop skills you will see that you will during runs never die. You will be so good that if your range is enough and you need to prolong fights you can do it with knowing you can survive. Master mechanics also means you will be a big plus to any team cause you are the lifeline to all parties.
    Good stats- good stats means you have buff duration%, all stat%, heal when using skill%, and all the important stuff. You can help with increasing drop rates and make your party broken. Also if you have a jump ring int you can increase benediction effect which in turn increases your team's atk speed and overall damage.
    You watch videos of other bishops- I learn how to be a better bishop by bossing with holygirrafe and watching not only his videos but another bishop videos. As he told me when I switch to the bishop "to become great you must study the greats" I become a pro bishop by studying the pros themselves and now can be studied myself. This in turn also increases your motivation as when you see people come up and become great you too will feel you too can become so and that is what makes this great cause we inspire each other to improve.
    DON'T COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHERS TOO MUCH- Its good to study people and be inspired by them but also make a name for yourself. it's good to watch others to learn but add your own style to it. My words of advice become a better you.
    Have fun with the class- By the end of the day, you should enjoy the class and the game. Not all fights you will win, but always remember to have fun and just laugh. Thing is being a bishop hard as it requires a lot of funds so the journey will be longer than others. But always remember to enjoy yourself and the game and remember bishop a good class as we are the lifeline of the party.

Hope this information helped and hope you stick to being a bishop as we are the master class ;) oh and check out other bishops videos and mine