[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

2nd burning charcater

XolenXolen
Reactions: 100
in General Chat
I made another burning character through using my pixel coins and was wondering if i would be able to get another frozen set on my 2nd burning character my 1st burning character is past 150 already.

Comments

• XolenXolen
    edited May 2020
    I made another burning character through using my pixel coins and was wondering if i would be able to get another frozen set on my 2nd burning character my 1st burning character is past 150 already.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited May 2020
    Nope. Burninators, all two times(counting this one) that they've made an appearance ingame, do not give you a frozen set, snail pet or title. All you get is the extra levels.
  • XolenXolen
    edited May 2020
    They did give me snail that only lasted 5 hours but that makes sense
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited May 2020
    If it is of any aid you can get the Onyx Maple set from the event shop and that has pretty much the same look and stats as the Frozen set without the set effects.
    Xolen
  • XolenXolen
    edited May 2020
    OH really how would i access the event shop , sorry kinda new to the game
  • XolenXolen
    edited May 2020
    I found the event hall but i dont see anyone with the armor set
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2020
    The event shop is referring to the anniversary shop, which is located in the Pixel Kingdom (click on the star tab, then click on "Travel to the Pixel Kingdom"). The shop is the NPC labeled "Enterprising Granny".
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited May 2020
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    If it is of any aid you can get the Onyx Maple set from the event shop and that has pretty much the same look and stats as the Frozen set without the set effects.

What are you talking about, "without the set effects"? The onyx set is literally the exact same thing as the frozen set. The frozen set was originally just a blue-tinted palette swap of onyx. Same look, same set effect. Why they elected to change the frozen set to the same color palette as the onyx set and not just outright replace the damn thing with the onyx set, I'll never know.
    HuskyDM
  • OkitsMsOkitsMs
    Reactions: 885
    edited May 2020
    I think you can buy it in the pixel coin shop. I don't think you'll be able to get another free one though.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited May 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    HuskyDM wrote: »

What are you talking about, "without the set effects"? The onyx set is literally the exact same thing as the frozen set. The frozen set was originally just a blue-tinted palette swap of onyx. Same look, same set effect. Why they elected to change the frozen set to the same color palette as the onyx set and not just outright replace the damn thing with the onyx set, I'll never know.

I stand corrected
  • SedixionSedixion
    Reactions: 330
    edited May 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    The onyx set is literally the exact same thing as the frozen set.

That's not entirely true. Frozen only needs 5 pieces to get the full set effects. Onyx needs 6 pieces. Onyx's 6 set bonus is slightly better though (45 attack vs 40 and 500 extra HP and Mana).

Frozen set is better overall because it saves you a gear slot, but Onyx has the added benefit of letting you pick and choose which 6 gears you want to run, so in certain situations (like if you have poor accessories but a strong Sweetwater weapon), the ability to mix and match is nice.