[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How to properly be a Funded character

XolenXolen
Reactions: 100
edited May 2020 in General Chat
How do i become a funded player like what do i spend my funds on to effectively become stronger etc

Comments

• BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited May 2020
    1. Essentials you should buy include:
    A) At least one Pet. If you don't have one, picking up loot manually will prevent you from getting past Lvl 50
    B ) Inventory expansion slots. You can get these in-game, but it's much slower.
    C) XP bonus and Drop bonus coupons. You can never have too many.

2. Objects that are not essential, but useful:
    A) Pet Skills. Time savers, yes, but not necessary.
    B ) Monster Park tickets. Twice a day is enough for me, but many feel otherwise.
    C) Gachapon Tickets. If you can't use what you get, you can probably sell them in the auction house.

2. Objects to avoid (unless you have a windfall):
    A) Clothing skins. Worthless and they look dumb.
    B ) Potion Pots. Not worth the hassle.
    C) Blackboards and Megaphones. Neat but impractical.
    D) Portable shopkeepers. Androids have pretty much replaced this.
    E) Mesos pouches. As a rule, you should never use real money to buy fake money.

3. ALWAYS use Reward Points and Maple Points when you can, and make good use of the Rewards Points only shop.

4. On that note, use any opportunity to get Rewards Points. The Monster Collection Exploration is a good source of them, as is Boss drops.

5. Above all, AVOID THE REBOOT SERVERS AT ALL COSTS. Gonna let you in on a little secret, Nexon was sick of players whining about the game being "free to play, pay to win" so they added the Reboot Servers to show them how miserable the game is if you had to do it the old fashioned way.

Simply put, Nexon has to make a profit like any other company, and they can't do that if they give away everything for free. That's the reason for the Cash Shop.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited May 2020
    You can get though the game without spending a single dollar if you either go Reboot were most of the community is or if you know how to look. I'm too invested in the normal server to go Reboot but I recommend it, a whole lot more people to play there, progression is free, just a lot more time consuming.

Normal server progression is a lot slower but you can save $13 from a pet if you pick up manually instead, most quests later on will have 50 objects to pick up at most, so its not a big deal.

A lot of money is wasted on cubes, and those are random chance. You can save a whole lot of cash by just doing daily bosses for cubes, or Commerci. Every character you have can do all bosses daily. Zakum, the easiest boss is quite lucrative if you beat him once a day with 10 characters. You can get cubes from the daily gifts (1 red, 1 black, 1 bonus monthly) , event shops, rewards points (5 reds 5 blacks monthly), the Legion Shop (master craftman cubes), and more.

Getting to 200 is quite easy nowadays and at that point most characters can beat the early bosses in a few hits for easy cubes and boss accessories for sale. Try to get our Golden Emblem and Secondary to Unique and up as those will remain the same for the most part and are the only ones that give Boss Damage, IED and DMG%, everything else can be done later.

Have every character grind their production skill (alchemy, forging or accessory crafting) to the point where you can extract 100+ equipment for Superior Item Crystals. Extract the boss equipment that Zakum, Hilla, Von Leon, etc, drop that you don't need and sell those. Sell boss accessories you don't need too. Sell Cubic Blades, Unrelenting Flames, Cube Fragments, Spell Essences, all those are cheap but found in bulks, they'll do a lot of mesos for starforcing or buying equips from bosses you can't yet beat.

Get as many characters to 140 for S rank in legion and Link Skills for your main.

If you have the money and not the friends you can buy Chaos Root Abyss equips for pretty cheap nowadays. The Top-Bottom are Best in Slot and you can get those to Unique and up for and not be wasted.

Once you get to lvl200+ and get Erda Nova and have enough damage you can easily beat Hard Hilla for a Blackheart pet that lasts 30 days and have the item magnet with it, or better yet get a carrie for that to get it early

When you get to CRA, Empress and Magnus and you can reliably kill them (at least before Chaos Vellum) you can then sell their equipment for a lot of mesos. In Elysium CRAs go around 30mil a piece (not counting Fafnirs) and Tyrant capes go for billions.

I'm currently a 221 Beast Tamer with 1mil-1.6mil range and I have not spent NX more than for a pet when they were still permanent and the game was in a better condition. Its not impossible, it will take a lot of time, but you save a lot of money this way. Its all about knowing where to get your resources and using them effectively, not just throwing a lot of real money into it. Save it and if you decide to stay for the long run get some permanent clothing, or get it from the Auction Shop once you have so much meso to know what to do with, whichever comes first.
  • ShadowJoshXDShadowJoshXD
    Reactions: 1,330
    edited May 2020

5. Above all, AVOID THE REBOOT SERVERS AT ALL COSTS. Gonna let you in on a little secret, Nexon was sick of players whining about the game being "free to play, pay to win" so they added the Reboot Servers to show them how miserable the game is if you had to do it the old fashioned way.

Simply put, Nexon has to make a profit like any other company, and they can't do that if they give away everything for free. That's the reason for the Cash Shop.

I want to say as a Reboot Player.. Reboot for like who don't want to or Can't afford to buy most of the Stuff from nexon. Also fun fact, Reboot is one of the Populated Servers in the

It your preference.. Reboot does take awile but It more Rewarding.
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    You can get though the game without spending a single dollar if you either go Reboot were most of the community is or if you know how to look. I'm too invested in the normal server to go Reboot but I recommend it, a whole lot more people to play there, progression is free, just a lot more time consuming.

Normal server progression is a lot slower but you can save $13 from a pet if you pick up manually instead, most quests later on will have 50 objects to pick up at most, so its not a big deal.

A lot of money is wasted on cubes, and those are random chance. You can save a whole lot of cash by just doing daily bosses for cubes, or Commerci. Every character you have can do all bosses daily. Zakum, the easiest boss is quite lucrative if you beat him once a day with 10 characters. You can get cubes from the daily gifts (1 red, 1 black, 1 bonus monthly) , event shops, rewards points (5 reds 5 blacks monthly), the Legion Shop (master craftman cubes), and more.

Getting to 200 is quite easy nowadays and at that point most characters can beat the early bosses in a few hits for easy cubes and boss accessories for sale. Try to get our Golden Emblem and Secondary to Unique and up as those will remain the same for the most part and are the only ones that give Boss Damage, IED and DMG%, everything else can be done later.

Have every character grind their production skill (alchemy, forging or accessory crafting) to the point where you can extract 100+ equipment for Superior Item Crystals. Extract the boss equipment that Zakum, Hilla, Von Leon, etc, drop that you don't need and sell those. Sell boss accessories you don't need too. Sell Cubic Blades, Unrelenting Flames, Cube Fragments, Spell Essences, all those are cheap but found in bulks, they'll do a lot of mesos for starforcing or buying equips from bosses you can't yet beat.

Get as many characters to 140 for S rank in legion and Link Skills for your main.

If you have the money and not the friends you can buy Chaos Root Abyss equips for pretty cheap nowadays. The Top-Bottom are Best in Slot and you can get those to Unique and up for and not be wasted.

Once you get to lvl200+ and get Erda Nova and have enough damage you can easily beat Hard Hilla for a Blackheart pet that lasts 30 days and have the item magnet with it, or better yet get a carrie for that to get it early

When you get to CRA, Empress and Magnus and you can reliably kill them (at least before Chaos Vellum) you can then sell their equipment for a lot of mesos. In Elysium CRAs go around 30mil a piece (not counting Fafnirs) and Tyrant capes go for billions.

I'm currently a 221 Beast Tamer with 1mil-1.6mil range and I have not spent NX more than for a pet when they were still permanent and the game was in a better condition. Its not impossible, it will take a lot of time, but you save a lot of money this way. Its all about knowing where to get your resources and using them effectively, not just throwing a lot of real money into it. Save it and if you decide to stay for the long run get some permanent clothing, or get it from the Auction Shop once you have so much meso to know what to do with, whichever comes first.

Kinda agree.. Even tho im not a main server player.. It all about working to get your goals the more you do the better the rewards.