[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Returning to Maple Story

POXPOWERPOXPOWER
Reactions: 1,210
edited May 2020 in General Chat
Hello,

I'm returning to Maple Story and noticed things were different than 6 years ago, I forgot mostly everything but I still know some basic stuff.

I'm currently playing on Reboot server with a level 91 Kinesis. Would there be anybody willing to make new friends or show me around a bit?

Thanks
iStalkSnails

Comments

• rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited May 2020
    POXPOWER wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm returning to Maple Story and noticed things were different than 6 years ago, I forgot mostly everything but I still know some basic stuff.

I'm currently playing on Reboot server with a level 91 Kinesis. Would there be anybody willing to make new friends or show me around a bit?

Thanks

gl finding help and friendly people am in reboot but prefer bera better :D

also welcome to maple hope u enjoy ur stay ;)
    POXPOWER
  • AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Reactions: 2,205
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    I came back around 1-2 months ago and i already am quitting. It's just a boring game at max level. Hope you enjoy your stay but just be warmed, you'll want to quit again.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    Albinorock wrote: »
    I came back around 1-2 months ago and i already am quitting. It's just a boring game at max level. Hope you enjoy your stay but just be warmed, you'll want to quit again.

No need to be a downer. If you want to quit that's on you, other people have fun even at max or near max.

@Poxpower Feel free to DM, I'm on reboot as well.
    POXPOWERCount
  • AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Reactions: 2,205
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    Fuhreak wrote: »

No need to be a downer. If you want to quit that's on you, other people have fun even at max or near max.

The fun tends to go down when all you do is dailies at max. That's not a game anymore it's a chore and it's been the main problem of people quiting. That's why people quit then come back monthly.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited May 2020
    I will say this most of the fun that comes with maple is from the players who you surround yourself around.

If someone not motivated and has no ambition in-game they will most likely quit and leave you behind, if someone is all about drama and gossip and spends most there time on petty stuff then it would bore you and make you want to quit, if you're around toxicity, in general, you won't enjoy it. There's also those who are seekers who look to make a profit from runs or an economy and only in it for the bag or opportunity.

My best advice to you is to find a group of players who are fun and friendly, positive, and good energy and enjoy the game content. People who aren't messy and all about goals if you can find that you will have the best experience in maple. If you haven't started fully yet do some research and decide on the server a lot of people come to bera due to the friendly and helpful reviews people give of it. But researching is good prior to do anything.

Once you have done that you will see a lot of the great things maple has to offer, but if you are surrounded by the cons I mention you will quit indefinitely. But gl and hope you enjoy the game. ;)

POXPOWER
  • POXPOWERPOXPOWER
    edited May 2020
    riza wrote: »
    POXPOWER wrote: »
    Hello,

Thanks

gl finding help and friendly people am in reboot but prefer bera better :D

also welcome to maple hope u enjoy ur stay ;)

Thank you, will do! I have characters in Bera too but Reboot is really popular atm.
  • POXPOWERPOXPOWER
    edited May 2020

That’s too bad, sorry to hear that.

• POXPOWERPOXPOWER
    edited May 2020
    Fuhreak wrote: »

Will do!
  • POXPOWERPOXPOWER
    edited May 2020
    riza wrote: »
    I will say this most of the fun that comes with maple is from the players who you surround yourself around.

If someone not motivated and has no ambition in-game they will most likely quit and leave you behind, if someone is all about drama and gossip and spends most there time on petty stuff then it would bore you and make you want to quit, if you're around toxicity, in general, you won't enjoy it. There's also those who are seekers who look to make a profit from runs or an economy and only in it for the bag or opportunity.

My best advice to you is to find a group of players who are fun and friendly, positive, and good energy and enjoy the game content. People who aren't messy and all about goals if you can find that you will have the best experience in maple. If you haven't started fully yet do some research and decide on the server a lot of people come to bera due to the friendly and helpful reviews people give of it. But researching is good prior to do anything.

Once you have done that you will see a lot of the great things maple has to offer, but if you are surrounded by the cons I mention you will quit indefinitely. But gl and hope you enjoy the game. ;)

Amazing reply, thank you so much!