[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Advice on storm growth potion

SavageSnowSavageSnow
Reactions: 610
edited May 2020 in General Chat
I need some advice here. I recently got one of the special storm growth potions from the pixel event. My character is currently level 214, and about 49% I'm experience needed for 215. And the potion expires on the 27th. is it feasible to think I could make 215 simply by grinding with XP and MVP coupons before then and use it to gain level 216, or should I use the potion now to gain 215?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited May 2020
    When you say "special" storm growth potion, do you mean the typhoon one? If so, it would alleviate further, and future, confusion to simply refer to it by its name. Anyway I'm going to go ahead under the assumption that it is the typhoon pot you're talking about.

If this 214 character is your highest level character, I'd just use it and be done with it. You'll come out around 2-3% lower as far as your experience bar goes, but a level higher. Though it's not terribly difficult to level up sub-220. You've got until sometime Wednesday, get some grinding in and see where you end up by then. Just make sure you keep in mind the actual time it expires at.
    Fuhreak
  • SavageSnowSavageSnow
    Reactions: 610
    edited May 2020
    Right, thank you, and yes, I mean the typhoon version

I got about 10 of the "regular" type and use those on a burning character
  • new2msnew2ms
    Reactions: 910
    edited May 2020
    Yes it's possible with the use of 2-3x exp coupons and MVP. You can also buy a fury totem in the Maple Rewards Shop to increase spawn (if your class isn't kanna). Slurpy Forest: Slurpy Forest Depth in Chu Chu Island is a good place to train. You'll be able to reach 215 in 1-2 hours of just training.
  • ThatRandomShadeThatRandomShade
    Reactions: 1,250
    edited May 2020
    With the 5 2x coupons you got from sunday + gold pots from monster park + MVP + any other sources of exp, its definitely possible to get to 215 before it expires.
  • LatemasterLatemaster
    Reactions: 1,780
    edited May 2020
    with every exp buff you should be able to get 220+ quite quickly and that doubles the value of typhoon.