[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Account was hacked into just to intentionally ban.

GretchenWienGretchenWien
Reactions: 5
in General Chat
This happened roughly 4 to 5 months ago, when I was first struck with a ban that reads "Banned for using third party programs"
I made a ban appeal as I had no idea why I was banned, but it was just shut down with a "Your account has found in an activity in violation with the Terms of Conduct". Puzzled, I fell into deep depression for the following weeks, never knowing why or what caused it.

I proceeded to make several ban appeals over the following months trying to seek the cause of my ban as I felt like it was very unjustified, only to find out 4 months later that a someone I used to be friends with got me banned; He and I were really close and we often did bossing together, and he'd help out with my dailies whenever I'm overloaded with work in school. He's from Canada so we'd often have to work out timings to boss together. I would always be surprised as he would stream his cubing / star forcing session through discord by the sheer amount of mesos he had, but then again, he'd always play it off like he's grinded really long for them. As time passes, he would surpass me by an obscene distance and I started having my suspicions that he was hacking so I changed my password.

He eventually got banned and I couldn't really reach him in Discord for about a month or two, until he resurfaced with another account, he was previously a pathfinder, and he came back online with another Pathfinder that I didn't add, he then told me about how he was banned because the system thinks that he's hacking because he's progressing too quickly, made an entire story that I totally bought. I questioned him on his current account as to how he managed to catch up with a new account, as to how he managed to reach where I was when I spent a good 3months on my character playing day and night, but he's only spent about a week. He played it off once again, by saying that he's grinded really long without sleeping. I didn't buy that but went along with it anyways.

We went on with our bossing just like how it was before he got banned and disappeared, but then again, he disappeared! So this time I went on to search him up on rankings to find out that he was banned, I tried reaching him on Discord but to everyone's surprise, I couldn't reach him again. So as it finally happened, my account was banned and I didn't know why; I had to message all my guildmates and mutual friends to finally have closure that he was hacking. A mutual friend of mine told me that he's logged in to my account during a ban wave and hacked on it, just to get me banned. I wasn't very sure as the authenticity of the story, but it is something that keeps me going because all my ban appeals would just be shut off without a second viewing.

I would like to use this post as a form of means to help re-open my investigation case for my ban; if any GM's reading this, please. Check the IP during the time of ban and the IP of all of my logins.

I currently have an on-going appeal, please look into it, otherwise, I hope this has been a good lesson for anyone reading.
Pleinair

Comments

• PleinairPleinair
    Reactions: 1,320
    edited June 2020
    This sounds like a truelly heart felt story, I'm sorry for your bad experience with that person that used to be your friend and your subsequent ban because of their actions on your account.
    I only have one question, you didn't mention - how did they log in to your account? Did you share your account information and password with that person or did they hack their way into your account?